Anyone going to the Minnesota Game?

Jurgey

It better be espn

I don't mean to be a d*ck, but I don't see a difference between ESPN and ESPN2.

IIRC, some TV providers only offer ESPN 2 in standard def for the lower tier packages, or don't even offer it at all.

Though with the way Disney is pushing for larger fees from the cable companies by lumping all of the channels together when negotiating, this is happening less and less.

Just FYI for Husker fans, Sally's is closed this season. They're planning on putting up some apartments or what have you above so it's closed for the season. When it re-opens or if it opens under a different name next year is still unknown. As for other bars, BWW is right across the street from the stadium and has a big beer garden (16 oz cans) and usually doesn't take super long to get in. Otherwise, Dinkytown (The Library, Blarney's, Burrito Loco) and Stadium Village (Stub & Herb's, Campus Pizza, Big 10) are options. I highly recommend Campus Pizza as they have great greasy college pizza and a full bar. You can also always just walk around and enjoy the campus. We're pretty friendly because we have no other option after 40+ years of sub par football to cheer about. Be nice (and perhaps bring a 6 or 12 pack of beer to show generosity & goodwill) & people will probably invite you into their tailgates. You may not even need the gesture.

Just FYI for Husker fans, Sally's is closed this season. They're planning on putting up some apartments or what have you above so it's closed for the season. When it re-opens or if it opens under a different name next year is still unknown. As for other bars, BWW is right across the street from the stadium and has a big beer garden (16 oz cans) and usually doesn't take super long to get in. Otherwise, Dinkytown (The Library, Blarney's, Burrito Loco) and Stadium Village (Stub & Herb's, Campus Pizza, Big 10) are options. I highly recommend Campus Pizza as they have great greasy college pizza and a full bar. You can also always just walk around and enjoy the campus. We're pretty friendly because we have no other option after 40+ years of sub par football to cheer about. Be nice (and perhaps bring a 6 or 12 pack of beer to show generosity & goodwill) & people will probably invite you into their tailgates. You may not even need the gesture.

Thanks for the info, Scoops. For an 11 am game, what time do the bars usually open? Will there be plenty of places open at 8 AM?

Hi guys. Scoops McCcracken basically nailed it with all the bars he listed and unfortunately he's correct about Sally's being closed for the year. Stub n Herbs in Stadium village has been there forever and is a great college bar. BWW is a stones throw away from the stadium. And Like Scoop said the bars in Dinkytown are fun as well and that's about 10-15 minutes from the Stadium.

Looking forward to hosting you guys this week! I've heard nothing but great things about Husker fans and hope you all have a safe trip. The ones I ran into 2 years ago were very friendly. I know Husker fans have a great reputation for treating visiting fans well in Lincoln so I hope Gopher fans return the favor. Enjoy the Twin Cities, the campus of the U, and the stadium!

Thanks for the info, Scoops. For an 11 am game, what time do the bars usually open? Will there be plenty of places open at 8 AM?

Honestly, I don't know. I usually don't go to the bars before an 11AM game. I do know that Blarney's is open with breakfast/bloody's/screwdrivers, etc. Prepare to be underwhelmed by any bar that serves breakfast, but they do have a good breakfast burrito called The Belch Burrito. I do think most should be open by 8 at the latest.

If you really want the U of M/Dinkytown/Minneapolis experience, get up super early and head into Al's Breakfast in Dinkytown. Opens at 6AM I believe and there will be a line to get in before it opens. Small place with like 8-10 counter stools and that's it, but they do up breakfast right. Prepare to wait, but if you're a morning person and up at 4:30-5, you should head over there.

I still can't recommend Campus Pizza enough. Great place after the game to let any traffic empty out. Plenty of TV's for you to catch the 2:30 games.

Hi guys. Scoops McCcracken basically nailed it with all the bars he listed and unfortunately he's correct about Sally's being closed for the year. Stub n Herbs in Stadium village has been there forever and is a great college bar. BWW is a stones throw away from the stadium. And Like Scoop said the bars in Dinkytown are fun as well and that's about 10-15 minutes from the Stadium.

Looking forward to hosting you guys this week! I've heard nothing but great things about Husker fans and hope you all have a safe trip. The ones I ran into 2 years ago were very friendly. I know Husker fans have a great reputation for treating visiting fans well in Lincoln so I hope Gopher fans return the favor. Enjoy the Twin Cities, the campus of the U, and the stadium!

These two pretty well covered your options for pre-gaming near the stadium. If you don't mind the cold, BWW is a good option with the large outdoor patio and right next to the stadium (seems to be taking over the big outdoor pregame role that Sally's used to fill).

Also, if you want to tailgate and don't have a parking pass to one of the lots, the East River Flats parking lot offers a cheap option at $10 per car. It is not well advertised and most opposing fans never hear about it. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the stadium (and I think there is actually a shuttle you can hop on somewhere along that walk to make that shorter). There won't be as many people as the more expensive lots, but if you are just looking for a place that is close to the stadium and cheap to have a few drinks and grill some food, this wouldn't be a bad option. Here is an old discussion by gopher fans about the lot: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?33730-East-River-Flats-by-the-hospital-tailgating and here is some general info about it: http://www.minneapolisparks.org/documents/permits/parking/East-River-Flats-Parking-U-of-M-Gopher-Football-Games.pdf

Thanks for all the tips and advice guys!!! We have a group of 7 guys heading up there on Friday. We will probably hang out in the Warehouse District on Friday night (that's where our hotel is) and our plan is to hit a couple bars before the game on Saturday. I am a morning person, so I will up and ready to hang out and party before the game. Unfortunately, some people in our traveling party are not morning people and usually take forever to get going.

Thanks for all the tips and advice guys!!! We have a group of 7 guys heading up there on Friday. We will probably hang out in the Warehouse District on Friday night (that's where our hotel is) and our plan is to hit a couple bars before the game on Saturday. I am a morning person, so I will up and ready to hang out and party before the game. Unfortunately, some people in our traveling party are not morning people and usually take forever to get going.

We had a couple in our group for the Northwesten game that like to sleep int he mornings. We just left them at the hotel and they caught up later.

I'm heading up Thursday with my wife and her cousin. The other guys don't get there until Friday. I have a feeling I'm going to be a chaffeur for a shopping excursion most of Friday.