Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

While Bo is a pretty average head coach and has done some good things along with the bad and since he looks up to Pete Carroll maybe he should take a page out of his book and not worry about a play that goes bad and start gameplanning around it. show some poise and then his players will see that not everything gets to him and maybe the players will start stepping up more.

Cuz we've shown zero capability in the past to overcome negative plays and starts to games.......

i am talking about Bo getting pissy on the sidelines. How many times have we overcome negative plays and starts in a championship type environment?

After you insinuate that we''ve not been capable, you then move the goalposts to "championship only" environments to support your point? And with that said, what did Bo do temper wise to shake the team up against Texas and Oklahoma?

Now, I'm not totally disagreeing with you. God knows I think sometimes Bo's tendancy to be a rollercoaster of emotions definitely is reflected at times through the team's play, whether it be week to week, quarter to quarter, even play to play. But let's not act like it's so prevalent of an issue that it's the first and foremost pressing cause to our troubles, cuz it's not.

well the reason why the goalposts were moved is because a lot of those teams we come back from we should have never been in the position of being down. not with the team we had.

Well that and when it happens to a team with a pulse, it often results in a loss. (Often doesn't not equal always, simmer down folks)

Didn't know where to put this but here looked as good as any. Defensive stats down the stretch last season per ESPN:

Numbers to know: After a poor start last fall in wins over Wyoming and South Dakota State and a loss to UCLA, the Huskers -- in large part because of their improved play at linebacker -- responded with solid defensive stats in Big Ten play. Nebraska allowed 329.4 yards per game after Oct. 1 (11th nationally and fourth in the Big Ten), 4.6 yards per play (seventh and second) and limited opponents to a 30.5 percent conversion rate on third down (sixth and second).

Didn't know where to put this but here looked as good as any. Defensive stats down the stretch last season per ESPN:

Numbers to know: After a poor start last fall in wins over Wyoming and South Dakota State and a loss to UCLA, the Huskers -- in large part because of their improved play at linebacker -- responded with solid defensive stats in Big Ten play. Nebraska allowed 329.4 yards per game after Oct. 1 (11th nationally and fourth in the Big Ten), 4.6 yards per play (seventh and second) and limited opponents to a 30.5 percent conversion rate on third down (sixth and second).

which is yet another reason why I can't figure out how Iowa happened...

which is yet another reason why I can't figure out how Iowa happened...

When you constantly give your opponent the ball in your own territory-and deep if that-and try to treat your 3rd string walk-on qb like Tom Brady, the other team is gonna score points. Looking back on that game, I'm still trying to figure out how Iowa didnt drop 50.

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Snapped Meechicken's 19 game winning streak in the Big House.

Huskers 17

Vulvarines 13

Yeah, but Michigan sucked. If that was literally any other Michigan we would have lost.

Ugh. Really?

I have to ask why comments like this are made? I really just don't get it so I'm trying to figure out this whole mindset. Is it to provoke? Or create legitimate conversation?

To me I can't see how any conversation worth having would begin with a comment like that?

Or you were serious, then I can only say I completely disagree and in no way should Nebraska be somehow discredited with that victory. That was a damn great win where the winning play was made on a late drive with a freshman QB, in what many will tell you is one of the toughest venues for opposing teams in all of college football.

Or we go back to my original thinking where, I logged in, saw you made a comment, went to the thread to see what you had to say......and now I guess I don't get it.

Huskers 17

Vulvarines 13

Yeah, but Michigan sucked. If that was literally any other Michigan we would have lost.

Ugh. Really?

I have to ask why comments like this are made? I really just don't get it so I'm trying to figure out this whole mindset. Is it to provoke? Or create legitimate conversation?

To me I can't see how any conversation worth having would begin with a comment like that?

Or you were serious, then I can only say I completely disagree and in no way should Nebraska be somehow discredited with that victory. That was a damn great win where the winning play was made on a late drive with a freshman QB, in what many will tell you is one of the toughest venues for opposing teams in all of college football.

Or we go back to my original thinking where, I logged in, saw you made a comment, went to the thread to see what you had to say......and now I guess I don't get it.

It's the offseason. I rarely post anything in the offseason, especially May to create legitimate conversation. As far as provoking...that's not my intention. Just addressing the mindset that Bo Pelini hasn't accomplished anything positive. There's a reason for everything happening...and those who say no excuses when Nebraska loses are often the same people who attempt to downplay the wins and anything positive.

Huskers 17

Vulvarines 13

Ugh. Really?

It's the offseason. I rarely post anything in the offseason, especially May to create legitimate conversation. As far as provoking...that's not my intention. Just addressing the mindset that Bo Pelini hasn't accomplished anything positive. There's a reason for everything happening...and those who say no excuses when Nebraska loses are often the same people who attempt to downplay the wins and anything positive.

Well you showed them.

Damn gubmint vaderin sumbitches.