Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

This is still one of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen from a coach. Have a legitimate opportunity to go 40 yards in :35 seconds to tie and go to overtime and two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties ruins their chances :lol:

Holy crap! The girl at the 5:45 mark. I remember her from the photo with this article.

0ZdSFAR.jpg

Such a look of pure shock on her face.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

On 9/17/2019 at 11:31 AM, Cdog923 said:

Frank has never been honored in front of the stadium crowd, and he absolutely deserves to. 

Unless I'm missing something, Bo was never Frost's position coach. 

Bo was the LB coach in Green Bay when Frost was there 01-02, but Frost would've been a Safety. So not his position caoch, but I'm sure they interacted some. Especially if Bo did any special teams stuff. 

On 9/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, ZRod said:

Bo was a good dude and an average coach. He seems like a good family man, and his players loved him. They were all pretty pissed when he got canned.

As for his sideline antics, they probably didn't hurt anything. Look at Saban. Bo's failure to evlove and propensity to crumble in big games are what hurt.

I loved Bo for a long while. I’ve stated for me, just personally, when he started to track down players on the sideline and berate them for seconds or minutes on end is when I had enough. The Wisc game when followed the DB (can’t rememberwho now) from the field to the sideline to the bench and just ripped his a$$ for several minutes and left the kid with his head hung and totally deflated was enough for me.  (I think when Gordon was going for a few hundy). 

That wasn't coaching. It was embarrassing. And demeaning. Refs and admin are one thing but to destroy a player mid game was my personal final straw. 

Bo was a good man overall but he let himself go in moments waaaay too far.  If Frost can win soon it doesn’t matter anyway. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

I remember watching a video where he wasn't mad at all.  He was explaining things to some players and I just remember thinking that dude literally seems like he is just straight cold.  Just something about him but once you saw things like I am I just mentioned it totally fits the part.  

Good man or not to some people I guess I think the dude seemed like ultimately he was a cancer versus being someone to truly unite and inspire his teams.   Just my opinion but he definitely made my skin crawl more than one time.  That video that landlord posted is further illustration that the guy clearly still has some serious issues.  Even the announcer was like 'I have never seen anything like this before, ever.'

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I remember watching a video where he wasn't mad at all.  He was explaining things to some players and I just remember thinking that dude literally seems like he is just straight cold.  Just something about him but once you saw things like I am I just mentioned it totally fits the part.  

Good man or not to some people I guess I think the dude seemed like ultimately he was a cancer versus being someone to truly unite and inspire his teams.   Just my opinion but he definitely made my skin crawl more than one time.  That video that landlord posted is further illustration that the guy clearly still has some serious issues.  Even the announcer was like 'I have never seen anything like this before, ever.'

Just think of what Bo's career would have been if he'd been able to keep cool under pressure.  His temper and thuggish antics cost him recruits, probably cost him games, and ultimately cost him his job.  If you could combine the friendly demeanor of the clueless Mike Riley with the defensive coaching savvy of Pelini you'd have a helluva coach.  I don't think Bo was a bad guy.  He just couldn't control the demon that was his temper.   He still can't.   /jmho

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NUance said:

Just think of what Bo's career would have been if he'd been able to keep cool under pressure.  His temper and thuggish antics cost him recruits, probably cost him games, and ultimately cost him his job.  If you could combine the friendly demeanor of the clueless Mike Riley with the defensive coaching savvy of Pelini you'd have a helluva coach.  I don't think Bo was a bad guy.  He just couldn't control the demon that was his temper.   He still can't.   /jmho

Just think if BP grew up in LN how much better he would have been as a football coach and a person