Alleged Rape Victim in Maryville, MO

EZ-E

I could be wrong Landlord, but I don't believe anyone "testified" to those things as this case never went to trial. It very well could be in the original police report. Again you may very well be right. What was left out of the article, was that Daisy and her mother allegedly "pled the fifth amendment and didn't want this to go to trial." This is where it gets extremely sketchy because the Coleman's have been absolutely adament about this case being re-opened. A lot of things are not adding up.

Of course I don't mean testify as a legal term, but to explain that they're on record claiming these things to be true. I don't care how sketchy it gets with the legal process - too much shade involved there and too many different reasons stuff like that can happen that don't necessarily deserve to cast suspicion.

What matters to me is the facts of what happened and what was being reported as happening during the incident. That's it. Nothing else matters. It's a fact, not disputed by anyone, that at best this girl was b******* drunk and this kid had sex with her, which is rape and is illegal and is a disgusting and vile act.

I agree with you 100%. .13 BAC at 9am? Wow. Where was she when the alleged crime took place????? I remember hearing somewhere that in Iowa it is illegal to have sex with a legally intoxicated individual (anyone who knows better can definately correct me there) but I am not sure what it is in Missouri.

I don't see why we are automatically expected to take the side of this family because the story seems sad. The retaliation, if true, is rather disappointing, but who is to say that the girl had had one half of one beer while "drinking" with friends at home, went over to the guy's place, had consensual sex with him, and got drunk after? Who's to say that the guy didn't drop her off, she couldn't get back in her window, and she passed out on the lawn?

As much as I think that justice should be served if crimes were committed, reading this sob story doesn't convince me that a crime was or was not committed. Just because a story sounds sad doesn't make it true, especially when there doesn't appear to be much evidence and the victims.

Facts of the case:

- The 13 year old friend testifies to being raped by the friend, to Daisy being incoherent when taken back home, to being told to go inside by the boys, and to Daisy crying while being carried.

- The boy that the 13 year old friend went into a room with confessed to having sex with her despite her saying no multiple times.

- Daisy testifies to being given alcohol by Barnett.

- Daisy's brother testifies to warning her to stay away from Barnett based on presumed character.

- Barnett confessed to having sex with Daisy, aware that she was drunk, but claiming it was consensual.

- Felony statutes define sex as non-consensual when the victim is incapacitated by alcohol.

- Seven hours later, Daisy's blood alcohol content was .13

- The 15 year old friend confesses to leaving Daisy outside in below-freezing temperatures.

- A video had been recorded of the act.

- Search of the Barnett house resulted in seizure of a blanket, bedsheets, a pair of panties, a bottle of Bacardi, plastic bottles of unidentified liquids and three cell-phones, all of which led the Sheriff to say it would absolutely result in prosecution.

- Barnett tweeted "If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D."

IfNOTHING else, this is legally rape by means of being non-consentual due to intoxication. Come on man.

"Facts of the Case" and someone "claiming things to be true" are two VERY different things. Hopefully you're aware of that.

I'd also like to know more about the alleged rape portion of the case. Was the guy intoxicated as well? Could the girl then be charged with rape if it may be "illegal to have sex with a legally intoxicated individual"? Is this more of a "buyer's remorse" situation because of the events that went down. Did the girl drink more after the alleged rape, contributing to the high BAC hours later?

Many questions....too many to just go off of the word of one party.

"Facts of the Case" and someone "claiming things to be true" are two VERY different things. Hopefully you're aware of that.

I'd also like to know more about the alleged rape portion of the case. Was the guy intoxicated as well? Could the girl then be charged with rape if it may be "illegal to have sex with a legally intoxicated individual"? Is this more of a "buyer's remorse" situation because of the events that went down. Did the girl drink more after the alleged rape, contributing to the high BAC hours later?

The kind of questions which might have been answered by a full investigation and at least a preliminary hearing at trial.

I don't see why we are automatically expected to take the side of this family because the story seems sad. The retaliation, if true, is rather disappointing, but who is to say that the girl had had one half of one beer while "drinking" with friends at home, went over to the guy's place, had consensual sex with him, and got drunk after? Who's to say that the guy didn't drop her off, she couldn't get back in her window, and she passed out on the lawn?

As much as I think that justice should be served if crimes were committed, reading this sob story doesn't convince me that a crime was or was not committed. Just because a story sounds sad doesn't make it true, especially when there doesn't appear to be much evidence and the victims.

Facts of the case:

- The 13 year old friend testifies to being raped by the friend, to Daisy being incoherent when taken back home, to being told to go inside by the boys, and to Daisy crying while being carried.

- The boy that the 13 year old friend went into a room with confessed to having sex with her despite her saying no multiple times.

- Daisy testifies to being given alcohol by Barnett.

- Daisy's brother testifies to warning her to stay away from Barnett based on presumed character.

- Barnett confessed to having sex with Daisy, aware that she was drunk, but claiming it was consensual.

- Felony statutes define sex as non-consensual when the victim is incapacitated by alcohol.

- Seven hours later, Daisy's blood alcohol content was .13

- The 15 year old friend confesses to leaving Daisy outside in below-freezing temperatures.

- A video had been recorded of the act.

- Search of the Barnett house resulted in seizure of a blanket, bedsheets, a pair of panties, a bottle of Bacardi, plastic bottles of unidentified liquids and three cell-phones, all of which led the Sheriff to say it would absolutely result in prosecution.

- Barnett tweeted "If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D."

IfNOTHING else, this is legally rape by means of being non-consentual due to intoxication. Come on man.

I didn't imply that the things claimed were facts. I only said that it is fact that those things were, in fact, claimed.

The kind of questions which might have been answered by a full investigation and at least a preliminary hearing at trial.

Ohh, I agree completely. This is why I'm saying that a potential cover up at this point needs to be admonished more than a bunch of possibilities.

^^^^^^

Facts of the case:

Yeah...ok

Facts of the case:

- The 13 year old friend testifies... (as in, it is a fact that she has said this)

- The boy that the 13 year old friend went into a room with confessed to.... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Daisy testifies to... (as in, it is a fact that she said this)

- Daisy's brother testifies to... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Barnett confessed to ... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Felony statutes define sex as non-consensual when the victim is incapacitated by alcohol. (fact)

- Seven hours later, Daisy's blood alcohol content was .13 (fact)

- The 15 year old friend confesses to.... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- A video had been recorded of the act. (fact)

- Search of the Barnett house resulted in seizure of a blanket, bedsheets, a pair of panties, a bottle of Bacardi, plastic bottles of unidentified liquids and three cell-phones, all of which led the Sheriff to say it would absolutely result in prosecution. (fact)

- Barnett tweeted "If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D." (fact)

Okay I helped you out a little bit.

Fact - Alleged victim's BAC was .13 at 9am

Fact - Alleged sexual offender admitted to having sex with alleged victim

Had this been in Iowa, he's in jail at least from what I think to be true about the laws of the state I live in.

Had this been in Iowa, he's in jail at least from what I think to be true about the laws of the state I live in.

Was she drinking at a later time that her BAC got that high?

Was the "sexual offender" drunk as well?

I think lost in some of the facts and/or statements is that this girl was 13 years okd and that would mean she was 4 years younger than the legal consinting age stated by Missouri law.

The violator of the 13 year old was a 15 year old boy who was tried in juvy.

The alleged victim was 14 and the alleged offender was 17.

Was she drinking at a later time that her BAC got that high?

Was the "sexual offender" drunk as well?

The first time the alleged victim gave her story she blacked out upon drinking a clear substance provided to her by the alleged offender.

^^^^^^

Facts of the case:

Yeah...ok

Facts of the case:

- The 13 year old friend testifies... (as in, it is a fact that she has said this)

- The boy that the 13 year old friend went into a room with confessed to.... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Daisy testifies to... (as in, it is a fact that she said this)

- Daisy's brother testifies to... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Barnett confessed to ... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- Felony statutes define sex as non-consensual when the victim is incapacitated by alcohol. (fact)

- Seven hours later, Daisy's blood alcohol content was .13 (fact)

- The 15 year old friend confesses to.... (as in, it is a fact that he said this)

- A video had been recorded of the act. (fact)

- Search of the Barnett house resulted in seizure of a blanket, bedsheets, a pair of panties, a bottle of Bacardi, plastic bottles of unidentified liquids and three cell-phones, all of which led the Sheriff to say it would absolutely result in prosecution. (fact)

- Barnett tweeted "If her name begins with A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z, she wants the D." (fact)

Okay I helped you out a little bit.

If you read the Kansas City Star piece that got the ball rolling on the coverage, most of the facts are as included in police reports and medical records. If this occurred in a real city, and not some small town crap hole, there would be no doubt that the kid would be in jail. If the kid didn't have powerful relatives in the county, its prosecuted also. At this point the DoJ probably needs to look into the case, and possible corruption charges against some officials.

Some people in this thread are going too far out of their way to defend the worthless sack of crap. Think about what your reactions would be if that was your daughter in question.

Anonymous did a twitter op Tues afternoon, that if nothing else will make it so anytime anyone googles his name for the rest of his life, this story will be the top results.