Going to MN game. Have a few questions.

Huskurz

We are going to the Husker/Gopher game and was wondering where do the visitors usually sit?? We still need to get our tickets and would like a heads up. Is it better to sit lower or upper?? Where do you park?? We usually take the rail to the Viking games. Will this get you close to TCF?? Anybody have tickets for sale?? Any other info would be great also!!

Thanks in advance and GO BIG RED!

I am meeting a group of friends up there on Friday afternoon. We are going to get tickets Saturday morning. We are pretty sure there will be plenty of tickets available.

As far as the light rail goes, it looks like the Blue line goes north from the Mall of America and then into downtown Minneapolis. While that probably worked great for the old Metrodome, TCF Bank Stadium sits on campus, which looks to be a couple miles east of downtown Minneapolis. If you take the light rail into the city, you will probably have to catch a cab/bus to the stadium.

Here is a link to the light rail map. http://www.metrotransit.org/metro-blue-line

The visitors have a small section in 108 right next to the players entrance and then the upper levels of 201-206 and 215-218.

10363343005_4d614d28bc_z.jpg

Lower or upper is your choice. Below I have pasted some of the views at TCF I have captured over the years. There are not really any bad seats in the house...unless you prefer to sit and end up in the upper rows of the student section behind where they stand. It also depends on your budget. When I got my tickets on stubhub, the upper level, top rows were going for just short of $120 but I found some seats 10 rows from the field that were $15 more per ticket. That to me is a worthy upgrade. Right now there are a bunch of singles for uppper and lower below $100, a few pairs in the upper level top rows under $100 and a group of 4 upper level top rows for about $100. So ticket prices have not dropped much but they are going down.

Stubhub has some decent options for tickets right now. Scalpers I have dealt with in the past seem to be pretty reasonable and are not opposed to haggling. If you are going to be in town soon enough, MPLS Craigslist often has some good deals.

There are many lots with tailgating and quite a few ramps. Problem is, the majority of them are for season ticket holders. There is a lot of street parking but considering its around student housing its hit or miss. If you get there early enough you can get relatively close street parking. There are a few ramps a little farther out that you can pay for and have a decent walk through campus. Otherwise if you cross I-35 on 4th, there is some free street parking and some meters that are typically open enough to snag a spot. The light rail that runs from Mall of America (past the Metrodome) to Target Field currently does not get you to campus. You can hop off at the metrodome and snag a bus ride over to campus though. The central corridor light rail line (which runs right to campus from St. Paul) doesn't open until next year. You can also park at the state fair grounds (and tailgate) and hop a shuttle to the game. Here is the football fan guide. Pages 7-10 have pertinent parking information.

This is one of the visitor sections:

8683534782_a2c4cab165_c.jpg

Large view here

The opposite corner view:

6273103654_e8d4f423aa_b.jpg

View Larger Here

My view the last time the Huskers were in town:

8050153772_b56368037f_c.jpg

View Larger Here

View from the open end zone:

6181773447_c3b3d2c800_z.jpg

View Larger Here

I also have some other views from the infamous trainwreck of a Monday Night Football game the Vikings played in the snow against the Bears after the Metrodome collapsed. But since those are at night, its not quite as representative.

UPDATED from this point down:

There are many great bars/restaurants to hit up before and after the game. Sally's is great but closed for the next year. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings right across the street in a really great old brick building which, if I remember right, was a firehouse. Someone correct me if I am wrong. There is a Big Ten bar just down the street from Sallys. I haven't been there to know what its like though. Since I am not part of the Bar scene, someone else will likely have better bar recommendations. The MacNamara Center is just past B-Dubs and has a pregame get together/party starting 3 hours prior to the game. We didn't hang around long during the one for the last Husker game to know how well attended it was but you should check it out if not for any other reason than it has a really cool interior and has a great Gopher history museum inside with a remnant of one of the old Memorial Stadium (Gophers, not huskers) gates. Its really cool. Also sounds like there is a Husker rally on the MOA 4th floor Friday night.

There is a pre-game band and team entrance called the Victory Walk which starts 2.5 hours prior to game time.

Beer is sold in the stadium. I repeat, beer is sold in the stadium. It is at a tent in the open end and stays pretty busy during the game. Within reason I guess. It's the only stand and you guys really likes your beers (I don't drink). They have some of the better local brews in supply too, give them a try, people up here rave about their local brews.

Circulation through the stadium is generally pretty easy although there is the typical crush of people in the short time before kickoff, sometimes at halftime (depending on the opponent) and for a short time after the game. Nothing new there. People in both upper and lower level sections are filtered through one concourse (the upper level one isn't built out for food but there are a couple food carts and you can get around pretty easily up there) but the entrance/exits are very expansive and allow for great flow of foot traffic. Car traffic after the game can be rough. Cars can really only go two congested ways to get out. Take your time to your car after the game.

The food is pretty decent, okay priced. Recommend the cheese curds and walleye basket, they are even better with a fresh batch. Famous Dave's is in house. There are cheesesteak sandwiches, Subway, the usual pizza and burgers and also chilis and soups for the cold days, which is what this day is shaping up to be. Forecast right now pretty much has rain/snow chances all week, clearing for friday and Saturday with highs not quite making 50.

Fans shouldn't be an issue. Minnesota nice meets the Greatest Fans in Football, aside from the oddball jerk or two. Knowledgeable about the game, have high hopes in Kill (maybe thats just me these days) although the recent seizure spells have been scaring people even though it should be a non-issue and really love their marching band.

We are going to the Husker/Gopher game and was wondering where do the visitors usually sit?? We still need to get our tickets and would like a heads up. Is it better to sit lower or upper?? Where do you park?? We usually take the rail to the Viking games. Will this get you close to TCF?? Anybody have tickets for sale?? Any other info would be great also!!

First, don't expect much more than cold weather from these Canuck Wannabees. Second, why would you go to a Viking game?

First, don't expect much more than cold weather from these Canuck Wannabees. Second, why would you go to a Viking game?