Here's who MSU has played so far:

W. Michigan: 117th total offense, 109th rushing offense

S. Florida: 123rd total offense, 105th rushing offense

Youngstown St: No rank total offense, No rank rushing offense

Notre Dame: 86th total offense, 97th rushing offense

Iowa: 69th total offense, 40th rushing offense

Indiana: 9th total offense, 63rd rushing offense

Purdue: 121st total offense, 121st rushing offense

What this tells us is that MSU hasn't faced a rushing offense that is really good yet. It also tells us that when a really good passing offense (Indiana) met them, they got hit for 30 points and 250 yards through the air and 100 on the ground.

What I conclude from this is...the defensive stats that has ESPN all worked up and many analysts out there jawboxing about are pretty much done against teams that aren't good. That makes me less worried about them than anyone else remaining on the schedule.

I'm not worried about MSU cuz their offense totally blows and I'm confident our O will still move the sticks. Possibly the least concerning game left on our schedule imo. Teams with an offense are what concerns me.

I'm not worried about MSU cuz their offense totally blows and I'm confident our O will still move the sticks. Possibly the least concerning game left on our schedule imo. Teams with an offense are what concerns me.

Completely agree. MSU right now reminds me somewhat of the 2009 Huskers team. Good defense, bad offense (though their defense might not be as good as that 2009 team). Right now, they are winning with their defense. If the Huskers keep on schedule and start putting up points, MSU will not be able to win.

For the last year and a half the fewest points we have scored is 21 other than against Iowa on a crappy weird weather day.

I'm confident we can score on anyone.

There is no way they are scoring 21 on us.

Keep in mind, Spartans got a bye-week just before facing our Huskers. Plus, maybe Huskers vs. Wolverines letdown.

Yes, I'm worried about MSU.

And I'm worried about facing Minnesota, Iowa, Purdue, SDSU, Wyoming, S.Miss, Chadron St, Hastings College ......... :o

^ Agreed. We're not anywhere near the point where we can be "not worried" about anyone. However, if we play well, we'll have every chance to win the next six games on our schedule.

the key to beating state is to not let their defense score.

Ironically enough the one defensve score they would have gotten last year, due to a poor decision on Martinez's part, would have ensured victory.

• Upvote 1

^ Agreed.  We're not anywhere near the point where we can be "not worried" about anyone.  However, if we play well, we'll have every chance to win the next six games on our schedule.

It might not be fair to say, I am not worried at all about MSU, given how well their defense is playing. But, Huskers are vulnerable to a spread offense with a dual-threat QB, but have found ways to contain most other offensive schemes with their base defense. MSU offense does not fit that mold, so given MSU problems moving the ball and Huskers success against a throwing base offense with no run threat by the QB, I have Huskers as a major favorite. A MSU win in Lincoln would be an upset, for sure.

Its just not in the cards for Dantonio this year. If they pulled it off and beat us Id be shocked a d congrats would be due. Just not seeing a side of tbe game we dontt own a significant advantage in.

the key to beating state is to not let their defense score.

Ironically enough the one defensve score they would have gotten last year, due to a poor decision on Martinez's part, would have ensured victory.

For God's sake, give it a rest. Martinez actually won us that game.

• Upvote 1

Even though it is Minnesota, I think this game will tell me how I will feel about Michigan State. Meaning if our QB's throw 3 picks or have a couple of lost fumbles against Minnesota like they did against Purdue, I would not feel good about Michigan State because they know how to capitalize on those mistakes.