BlitzFirst

Why I'm not Worried about MSU

Completely agree. MSU right now reminds me somewhat of the 2009 Huskers team.

That team was in every game it played even against elite talent because of their defense. If that's an accurate comparison then there's no reason to feel comfortable about this game.

That said, I agree we handle them.

That team was in every game it played even against elite talent because of their defense. If that's an accurate comparison then there's no reason to feel comfortable about this game.

People seem to forget the amazing punter we had to go with that defense that made teams start inside their 20, 10, or even 5 yard line. That did make that defense even more potent.

You left this out:

Good defense, bad offense (though their defense might not be as good as that 2009 team).
The comparison I am making is that their victories have come from a strong defensive showing and really despite a poor offense productivity, similar to the 2009 Huskers. Still, it is not a perfect comparison because I don't think that their defense is as good as the 2009 Huskers defense, mainly because they have not been tested. Their first real test was against Indiana, and they allowed 4 TDs. I think our offense will give them more fits than what Indiana could show.

the key to beating state is to not let their defense score.

Ironically enough the one defensve score they would have gotten last year, due to a poor decision on Martinez's part, would have ensured victory.

For God's sake, give it a rest. Martinez actually won us that game.

Yes he did. I'm just sayin though. I'm off it now...

Ironically enough the one defensve score they would have gotten last year, due to a poor decision on Martinez's part, would have ensured victory.

He TOOK OVER that game. Rip their top 10 defense to shreds. Period. End of Story.

He TOOK OVER that game. Rip their top 10 defense to shreds. Period. End of Story.

Very true. I just hope he is healed up to do it again. My guess is that he starts in the Minnesota game. We will get a feel if he can scramble like the old T-Mart. Honestly, I'm worried he is not 100%.

Did we beat Minny already? I'm not worried about MSU cause we play Minnesota next.

We're not players or coaches so we have the luxury of being able to look ahead, skip games, count our chickens, etc.

Heck, I've seen threads and posts about what may occur with games 5 years down the road.

I'm with ya sort of though- I'm more worried about Minny than I am MSU, not necessarily only because they're next though.

They're slightly more worrisome with Cook than they were with Maxwell. Cook isn't a great runner by any stretch, but is athletic and elusive enough to cause some fits. But I don't suspect it will be enough to beat Nebraska @ Nebraska.

Losing S. Long adds worry. He may have been the most valuable player on the team; of course I am biased toward linemen. I would rather have the best OL in the nation and an average QB than the best QB in the nation and an average OL.

I still think I am more worried about NW than MSU just because we can't seem to stop the speedy Offenses with coaches that are willing to be creative. Unless Martinez is still the starter, then I will worry about all of the games left on our schedule