\\ Official Minnesota Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

Martinez is a big boy and can take the heat for not stepping up the way a senior leader should.

But Topic A should remain our defense, which continues to make middling offenses look brilliant. I don't think you can blame it on youth the whole season. Especially the third season of decline.

Topic B is the offensive line. Maybe Armstrong does better, I honestly don't know at this point. But that pocket was collapsing from the moment the ball was snapped.

Topic C is why this team doesn't seem to want it as much as the other team, and why that is the true mark of coaching.

Topic D is why there are too many topics to discuss in a soul-crushing loss.

Damon Benning made a point which goes into part of the systemic issues going on with the football team.

Benning was having a discussion with Severe about who our best interior d-lineman was. Benning asked, 'did you see number 7 (Collins) today? Not good. What happened to him in 2 months?"

Benning is referring to the fact that Collins came in looking like a college ready player, to now looking like a fat slob. Severe directly called out S&C coach James Dobson for what he has done with alot of our players.

I have questioned this for years! Our lines on both sides look soft compared to other teams we play!

So now what? I see Martinez as our 3rd QB. He may know the offence but his execution sucks. He's a wing back not a QB. They won't let him run and as a passer he stinks. He gets it close but its either just outside of catch-able- bility, dropped or INT. He's also fumble prone. His best play this year will undoubtedly Jack's 69 yard TD.

Kenny needs to wise up and/or get some thicker skin. there are a-holes everywhere in society and they will speak up whenever they feel like it...nothing we can do to stop them. what he needs to learn is to ignore them or toughen up and not let them bother him. better yet would be to get off twitter and avoid them but that would be tough for these kids to do.

I guess don't follow him if you don't like his comments. Personally, I find his comments pretty stable and healthy given the social media world we live in. I also his comments respectful and honest. People have access to these kids in so many ways that never existed a short time ago. Of course, by being active on twitter he puts himself out there but I do think as a fan base we should leave the players alone and concentrate our criticisms on the paid staff.

Kenny needs to wise up and/or get some thicker skin. there are a-holes everywhere in society and they will speak up whenever they feel like it...nothing we can do to stop them. what he needs to learn is to ignore them or toughen up and not let them bother him. better yet would be to get off twitter and avoid them but that would be tough for these kids to do.

I guess don't follow him if you don't like his comments. Personally, I find his comments pretty stable and healthy given the social media world we live in. I also his comments respectful and honest. People have access to these kids in so many ways that never existed a short time ago. Of course, by being active on twitter he puts himself out there but I do think as a fan base we should leave the players alone and concentrate our criticisms on the paid staff.

lol...i don't twitter so tough for me to follow him. :) all i am saying is that he can't let the stupid remarks bother him. and maybe realize that for every 1 bad comment he gets, there are thousands of husker fans who do support him and the team. it is not the team vs. the fans like the popular view seems to be.

It seems within the past few years people were praising Dobson's program as elite. Is this still the general consensus?

Initially, the praise of Dobson was high. But I have not heard hardly any praise for Dobson in recent years.

The one thing I have consistenly heard about Dobson is that he can be very rigid in training. Dobson is very 'old school' in training, and isn't one of those guys who is innovative or stays completely modern in what he wants the athletes doing.

But after getting physically whipped this year, especially defensively. And then seeing numerous true freshman (i.e., Taylor, Gerry, Collins, Carter) come in this summer and be physically in better shape than ALOT of our current players should worry folks.

Either one is to believe we recruited alot of 'freak' athletes in a single recruiting class, or we are simply not getting it done in the weight room like we should.

Initially, the praise of Dobson was high. But I have not heard hardly any praise for Dobson in recent years.

The one thing I have consistenly heard about Dobson is that he can be very rigid in training. Dobson is very 'old school' in training, and isn't one of those guys who is innovative or stays completely modern in what he wants the athletes doing.

But after getting physically whipped this year, especially defensively. And then seeing numerous true freshman (i.e., Taylor, Gerry, Collins, Carter) come in this summer and be physically in better shape than ALOT of our current players should worry folks.

Either one is to believe we recruited alot of 'freak' athletes in a single recruiting class, or we are simply not getting it done in the weight room like we should.

It appears the player development could be better lately, especially on the defensive side of the ball the last few years.