can we lane kiffin bo?

What a complete disgrace. Minnesota played a good game, but as usual, our team was unprepared. While I admire Bo's loyalty, it was pretty obvious mid-way through the game that Nebraska needed a jolt on offense, as Taylor was simply off today. Bo should have put in Tommy for a few drives as Taylor was indecisive and not moving well. When you take away Taylor's running game, he's just an average quarterback at best.

I know the downside of a mid season firing, yet USC did it. And they aren't exactly a nobody team. On the upside, a mid season firing takes all pressure off the players, but also makes them realize they will need to win their starting jobs from a new coach.....maybe puts some fire under them. It give the interim coach the green light to play the younger players with no need to "stick with" anybody that has been a starter in the past. It also give us time to court any and every possible big name coach and to get them locked in to place, or at least lined up before the normal end of season carousel.

Now, having said that, I still don't want a mid season firing. Just seems messy. Now, on the other hand, if Bo were to just own up, put it all on his shoulders and walk away with honesty, humility and "it's the right thing to do" on his side, it is a win for everyone. He's free to go coach where he's "loved" and no one gets fired.

One way or another, Bo needs to go. He needs to take Beck, Papuchis and the rest of those not ready for prime time players. Keep Brown and Fisher. The rest need to be gone. I would have fired them a season or two ago. I'd prefer they be fired now. But realistically we'll have to wait until the end of the year. But it needs to happen.

This is beyond pathetic.

One other thing to consider. If it happened today, we wouldn't be faced with the "what if he wins out the rest of the season" possibility. Then we are right back in the same situation a year or so down the line. If they make the change now, while there is apparent reasoning behind it, it goes much better.

I know if we did find a way to win out the rest of the season, I'd be all for keeping him. It is obvious I am just baffled about what should be done. Glad I'm an IT guy and in a few minutes the outcome of this game will be a non factor till next week.