The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

It seems as though a lot of folks want to see Frost. I don't think we should run a spread based offense. I think it promotes too much finesse on a team.

Oregon is extremely physical. Football at the scheme level is a game of outwitting the opponent. Not thumping your chest and saying GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Oregon's O isn't physical. They're fast and they hit you with angles. They don't line-up with the intent to hit you in the chest. When they run into a moderately physical team (Stanford, Auburn, Wisy didn't do bad) with equal caliber athletes their numbers production goes down.

I want to see something like Wiscy, Bama (while we won't get their athletes) or the Seahawks. Power run with a game manager at QB who can run when needed.

Edit: HC: Butch Davis/ Greg Schiano/ Terry Bowden

OC: Norm Chow

DC: Randy Shannon

My hopes we get a coach with instant recognition.

I have heard players say they love Frost, would run through a brick wall for him... we've heard these things before. But Frost is not a proven head coach much the same way Bo wasn't when he was brought here. Do we really want to go through another 6 years of OJT? I know I don't. So we whip out the check book this time.

Tom had no head coaching experience either and that worked out OK...and, no, the title of associate head coach is not the same thing

I have heard players say they love Frost, would run through a brick wall for him... we've heard these things before. But Frost is not a proven head coach much the same way Bo wasn't when he was brought here. Do we really want to go through another 6 years of OJT? I know I don't. So we whip out the check book this time.

Agreed, I don't think Nebraska is a HC training program. The expectations and demands high, and we need a proven HC.

Fans should stop trying to replicate Tom Osborne. There is only one and never will be another. We CAN step out of his shadow and be great again. Maybe not as consistent as his teams were because of the way football has changed but it's going to take a lucrative offer to get a proven HC to come to Lincoln. I love Frost, but how can anyone say he would be a great hire while he has zero head coaching experience.

You don't feel like we just lost to a team half as talented as us because we completely lost focus?

That might be part of it, seems to be the one on field consistency we have under Pelini. We beat ourselves because we are undisciplined and consistently don't put our players in position to execute.

It was mostly that we were out coached today, again. By an interim coach. Using a game plan from a year ago that with equal talent beat us by 40. Which I am sure you blamed on not being focused. Your tired act has run its course, along with Pelini's tenure here. Sorry, I am not accepting this any longer.

It is irresponsible for Eichorst to not put feelers out there to see who would be interested in being the next head football coach of The University of Nebraska.

I believe that you can go back to the previous two weeks of me saying that this is an offense to watch and it traditionally give us trouble.

I will absolutely disagree with you about being "out-coached." Too may times is the answer to every single loss in Husker history that we need to: 1) Fire the Head Coach

2) Bench our QB 3) Play-Calling sucked 4) We are sh**ty at recruiting.

While I saw many things on offense and defense that alarmed me today more than anything, I also saw players 1) Drop balls in the endzone 2) Fumble the football on our side of the 50 3) Miss their run fit assignment 4) Get out-ran by a TE 5) A specific DT get his d*** knocked

Yes, we lost focus. I didn't specifically put that on one person other than the ones that were utterly dreadful today. There isn't a single person associated with Husker football that should be proud of what happened today.

The answer to every loss isnt the things listed above. We forget a lot of times that we are dealing with kids between 18-23. While I am not blaming the players specifically, there is only so much that coaches can do. Vis versa. There are only certain things that players can do. Like Beck calling three straight passing plays in the 3rd quarter because he panicked. One of many examples.

Unbelievable. You don't think we were out coached today? I'm sorry but you have your head so far up Bo Pelini's ass your nose hair is tickling his tonsils.

I guess technically we were out coached last December and it was just recycled today because they knew we couldn't adjust to it. We had a week off. They played an emotional, close game without there head coach. They didn't have their head coach today inferior talent. Every year Bo has been here when we have been ranked we have lost one game to an unranked team.

EVERY. DAMN. YEAR.

I would think you would realize that since you have to defend him 4-6 times a year against a majority of fans you would understand something isn't right. Just because you researched his defense online doesn't make you unable to see fault, you aren't family/friends with Bo. I've watched all of the Bourne series, Burn Notice, and read Tom Clancy. Doesn't mean I can just walk into Langley tomorrow.

Enough is enough.

Unbelievable. You don't think we were out coached today? I'm sorry but you have your head so far up Bo Pelini's ass your nose hair is tickling his tonsils.

I would agree with EZ-E's point. We were not out coached today. The number of tackle opportunities missed by Santos and Z Anderson today for example was staggering. And on offense, I have zero faith in our ability to convert a 3rd down with Martinez under center.

i would think that as an a.d., any a.d., would want to hire someone that he is comfortable with and has had a previous relationship with.

eichorst has hired al golden at miami and worked with paul chyrst at pitt right now. both have roots in the big 10.

i would think that each of them would be getting a call if it goes that far.

one thing that i have been wondering about is not so much if bo gets fired but i would not be surprised if bo is not

actively looking for another job.