The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

We're obviously not going to get any better with him as our HC so its time to move on. Bunch of you dummies kept defending him for reasons I cant explain, its time to cut ties and try something new because this is obviously not working.

We've been doing that every 6 years since Osborne's retirement. How's that working for us?

Don't even get your question. So are you suggesting that we stick with a coach that is not elevating the program just because past coaching hires have failed?

We're obviously not going to get any better with him as our HC so its time to move on. Bunch of you dummies kept defending him for reasons I cant explain, its time to cut ties and try something new because this is obviously not working.

We've been doing that every 6 years since Osborne's retirement. How's that working for us?

Don't even get your question. So are you suggesting that we stick with a coach that is not elevating the program just because past coaching hires have failed?

How has Pelini not elevated the program? Do you need to revisit Callahan's record and missed bowls?

How has Pelini not elevated the program? Do you need to revisit Callahan's record and missed bowls?

Yes, he's elevated the program if you're using Callahan as the benchmark, but I'm seeing a team that's been a complete embarrassment nationally. Where are we going? Are you happy with the direction of the program? I'm not, I think changes need to be made.

i would think that as an a.d., any a.d., would want to hire someone that he is comfortable with and has had a previous relationship with.

eichorst has hired al golden at miami and worked with paul chyrst at pitt right now. both have roots in the big 10.

i would think that each of them would be getting a call if it goes that far.

one thing that i have been wondering about is not so much if bo gets fired but i would not be surprised if bo is not

actively looking for another job.

Considering the little slap on the wrist Miami got I don't see Golden leaving. If they got the penalty they deserved he'd be gone. Chryst has been pretty mediocre at Pitt, they lost to Navy today. Can't see Eichorst going in that direction. It would be a questionable buddy hire I see Perlman and/or the boosters resisting. If it goes through Eichorst is riding his career on it.

I'd go with Tim DeRuyter. He had an immediate impact at Fresno and they're undefeated now.

Fear of the unknown should not be a reason to keep a coach.

Philosophical statements can be used according to agenda. For instance, those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. We know what happened when we kept a coach around for 25 years......and we know what has happened when we changed coaches every 6 years.

Yes, he's elevated the program if you're using Callahan as the benchmark, but I'm seeing a team that's been a complete embarrassment nationally. Where are we going? Are you happy with the direction of the program? I'm not, I think changes need to be made.

Actually I do like what I see from a helicopter view. Pelini has learned quickly from personnel mistakes he made in the recent years. Our defensive line, while young, is going to be exciting to watch develop. LBs have been an Achilles heel, and I think once the maturation catches up with their athleticism, we could be in good shape there too. On offense, we've been led the past few seasons by a high risk/high reward quarterback with no proven depth there. Hopefully that's changing. I don't think musical head coaches is the answer.

Philosophical statements can be used according to agenda. For instance, those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. We know what happened when we kept a coach around for 25 years......and we know what has happened when we changed coaches every 6 years.

Just how long would you like to keep him around without winning anything, and repeatedly being humiliated on national TV?

Actually I do like what I see from a helicopter view. Pelini has learned quickly from personnel mistakes he made in the recent years. Our defensive line, while young, is going to be exciting to watch develop. LBs have been an Achilles heel, and I think once the maturation catches up with their athleticism, we could be in good shape there too. On offense, we've been led the past few seasons by a high risk/high reward quarterback with no proven depth there. Hopefully that's changing. I don't think musical head coaches is the answer.

:facepalm:

How do you not get sick of seeing the same thing over and over and over again?

Just how long would you like to keep him around without winning anything, and repeatedly being humiliated on national TV?

I guess the same amount of time it's exaggerated how we haven't won anything. Osborne went a few years himself with no conference championships, and later had a 7 year bowl losing streak.

How do you not get sick of seeing the same thing over and over and over again?

I haven't forgot the Callahan years. They were not that long ago. And despite what I read on this board sometimes, Husker football didn't begin in 1994.