Rookie Coordinators

Bo Pelini has not surrounded himself with top coordinators, Maybe TB and JP will be good someday, but we do not deserve to have coordinators cutting-their-teeth at our expense. Nebraska is too good of a program with a 2nd-to-none support base to be used as training ground for coordinators. Bo has done a lot of good for the players and the community, but he brought in rookie coordinators, and now we are all paying the price.

I'm of the mindset that Bo has such a hard on for Taylor, it's affecting Beck's (and Watson's) ability. Rumors came out a few years ago about how Wats didn't want to start Taylor but Bo forced him to. The same rumor is circulating again with Beck not wanting to start Taylor but Bo is forcing the issue. I'm not so sure Watson was that terrible of an OC if you look at what he's doing at Louisville.

JP on the other hand. We need a DC who knows defense. JP just seems to know how to spell it.

Bo is of course, the DC-in-effect here; it's his defense and he calls the plays. That said, we still need a DC who is an effective teacher and is able to install what we do on defense. With how much Bo has been reported to have to take a hands on approach at various levels of the defense over the years, I think it's fair to ask if we've had a lot of bad hires during Bo's tenure for his defensive assistants. That applies to more than just JP now, as this was also the case before his DC years, as well as for other position groups on defense.