ESPN College Football Final Verdict: Should Bo Pelini be fired?

Nobody

The idea that Bo isn't coaching for his job this November is absurd. Does he have to win a conference championship? No. He can scrap his way to 8 or 9 wins and live to fight another season (if he wants to... listening to his presser today, it wouldn't surprise me if he left at the end of the season, even if it wasn't for a great job). If he can only get to 6 or 7 wins, it'll get dicey. If they lose out, see ya.

Nah, a bunch of young players, two good qb's coming up......I think he gets another year. I could say something like 'unless he loses out' as a qualifier but couldn't you say that about any coach?

The only thing that would make me think differently is if the admin already had some great coach ready to come in and I doubt that's the case.

there is talent to work with on the offense......but OMG.........the defense is horrible and getting worse....I said at the beginning of the season, all I wanted was to see this team make some steady improvement...that has not happened, the PP competition has given many false hope, Minnesota is not a power house, but they bitch slapped our defense like a cheap hooker....we easily stand to lose 2 more games, maybe even 3.........the play and effort we saw after a bye week was pathetic...playing a hurt TM ahead of 2 other competent QB's is horrible coaching decision, Pelini should get a hot poker up his ass for that nonsense....at the very least, you start Armstrong and bring TM in if he fails....the coaching decisions are pathetic, calling a QB draw on 3rd and long and expecting your guy to make it with broken bones in his foot..... :wtf

• Fire 1

Nah, a bunch of young players, two good qb's coming up......I think he gets another year. I could say something like 'unless he loses out' as a qualifier but couldn't you say that about any coach?

The only thing that would make me think differently is if the admin already had some great coach ready to come in and I doubt that's the case.

I truly hope you are wrong. Every additional minute with this staff is another minute wasted. I fear, however, that you might be correct.

Funny, when I said this after the UCLA game I had everyone jumping down my throat. I say let Bo finish out the season. His actions on and off the field is more than enough to fire a coach even if he gets to 9 wins (which is not going to happen sadly). Nebraska doesn't need consistency, we need improvement. The boosters need to gather all of their big bucks and maybe sell a private jet or two to get a big time coach at Nebraska (no more experiments!).

Eichorst fixed up Miami, now he needs to fix up Nebraska.

• Fire 1

Funny, when I said this after the UCLA game I had everyone jumping down my throat. I say let Bo finish out the season. His actions on and off the field is more than enough to fire a coach even if he gets to 9 wins (which is not going to happen sadly). Nebraska doesn't need consistency, we need improvement. The boosters need to gather all of their big bucks and maybe sell a private jet or two to get a big time coach at Nebraska (no more experiments!).

Eichorst fixed up Miami, now he needs to fix up Nebraska.

I agree.

One thing came to mind when I watched this. I feel sorry for Bo. It must be painful for him to have his livelihood debated on national TV. It would be tough to be a public figure in this nation at this time. Imagine how tough it would be for Bo to sit through watching that.

Some of the older among those who post here (and maybe some of the younger too) have experienced at their work the hiring of someone who was unqualified for the job. When someone w/o the background experience comes in and are under-qualified, the hiring ends up being painful for everyone --- including the person hired. Bo never was a head coach and had questionable people skills when he was hired --- he was not qualified. When a person is asked to do what they do not have the skill set to do --- then they (and everyone) will struggle. Bo was thrust into a situation where he had no business being. And unfortunately for him (and Husker fans) it did not work out. For Bo, for NU... the merciful thing to do is end this quietly at seasons end. It must be agonizing for Bo... and I earnestly feel for him. He was asked to do what he could not do. He never should have been hired.

The biggest question I have is what coach will come here...that has credentials? I can tell you that if I was a coach with credentials and the previous coach was fired after 9-10 games each year I would definitely hesitate. Davis is correct that the Nebraska job is not what it used to be. Is this because of the past three coaches (Solich, Callahan, and Pelini)? I would be good with Bo staying IF he looks at bringing in a big name or an up and coming name for the d-coordinator. Watching them yesterday live was embarrassing...the Gopher fans around me were in shock how bad we were playing. What is funny though, is most of the Gopher fans see this as a HUGE upset. The conversations I was having yesterday during and after the game shed some light on how bad our defense is.

Anyways, back to my initial question...give some names that would be legitimate candidates that would come here to coach.