Congratulations Nebraska

I honestly thought the Cornholers were going to get rolled last night. I was surprised when they pulled it off. An 8-4 season looks impressive when you look past the fact that this was the team that got Ike Turnered by the KU Gayhawks. You gotta take an 8-4 record anyway you can get it.

A big, underdog win against a media-loved program like Michigan on national TV is great. Nebraska may not get any blue chips from it, but it does help recruiting. it make Nebraska appear to be overlooked. Although you won't hear any of the media jerk-offs say it.

Congratulations on your victory.

Thanks for the comment. In my 25 years of being a Husker fan it was very strange to see them passing for TD's in a bowl game. This entire WCO is finally starting to show signs of what it can do. Our OL still has a LONG way to go. WR's are off and on with the exception of Swift. D looks like they are back to stay. Last but not least our QB....All I can say is he is one tough SOB who never gives up!

It's nice that you are congratulatory in your post, but it would have meant more if you would have called our team the Huskers or Cornhuskers vice the Cornholers, as you call them.

So your post really means nothing to me other than another chance to couple an attempt in jabbing at our program by labelling them something other than they are with a touch of "I really didn't think they'd pull it off, but congratulations anyway."

That post kinda felt like looking at a pig with a gold ring in its snout, but thanks for the comments. It's always satisfying to go into a game as the underdog playing against a media darling like Michigan and silence the critics. Like many others I believe Nebraska has begun to turn the corner and will someday return to national prominence. Meanwhile, the ride is sure fun.

It's nice that you are congratulatory in your post, but it would have meant more if you would have called our team the Huskers or Cornhuskers vice the Cornholers, as you call them.

So your post really means nothing to me other than another chance to couple an attempt in jabbing at our program by labelling them something other than they are with a touch of "I really didn't think they'd pull it off, but congratulations anyway."

I wouldn't push it. For him to say this is more than enough. If you don;t believe me..see Woodshed. :restore2

My sign-on for the board will continue to be HucktheFuskers and I will still continue to call the team the Cornholers. My posting was to congratulate the LOYAL fans who stuck by their team. To call them anything other than what I have called them in the past would be like jumping on the bandwagon. I'm certainly not going to do that.

Callahan needs to be on the phone right now with some OL recruits. Hopefully the alumni in Texas got Zac Taylor liquored up enough last night so he wasn't feeling the pain. The boy took some hits last night.

An 8-4 season looks impressive when you look past the fact that this was the team that got Ike Turnered by the KU Gayhawks. You gotta take an 8-4 record anyway you can get it.

A big, underdog win against a media-loved program like Michigan on national TV is great. Nebraska may not get any blue chips from it, but it does help recruiting. it make Nebraska appear to be overlooked. Although you won't hear any of the media jerk-offs say it.

Congratulations on your victory.

every team has good days and bad days. and some teams have more bad days then others.

looks like some team even had 3 bad days in a row total score 119 to 16. with less then 100 yards of tatal offense during the last game. :thumbs:thumbs

Thanks for your somewhat jaded congrats comments anyway. It must have been difficult for you to type those in anyway.