The Mark Richt Campaign

Reread this entire thread and I really don't understand how this became a discussion where people think I am defending anyone. I have not uttered any word. Maybe it morphed when I outlined what a new coaching staff would have to do to meet this fanbase's expectations? I have not defended anyone.

Back to what I was saying, the expectatioins are outlined above. If a change is made, this is what that staff should be held to as you fire someone and hire someone else to be better than the former employee. There are no moral victories here at NU so "close competitive losses" will get you no wiggle room.

You're being an ass and trying to stir sh#t up. You think you know the fanbase and that we couldn't handle a close competitive loss. You're wrong as so many people here have proven to you. You want to argue here yet you have no opinion of your own other than IF there's a new guy you want him BCSing in his first year.

Not really the case. Simmer down son. I am simply stating that if you fire someone, you hire someone better. If that person that you hire can't live up to those expectations then firing that person was all for nothing. So think about the set of expectations before you throw out names like Mark Richt and Scott Frost. Neither of those guys would live up to those expectations. Not being "an ass," flat out being realistic. Sorry to rain on your "Fire Somebody" lynch mob, but the real fact of the matter is that we would be advertising on craigslist for our head coaching job. Frost would be the only one that I think would honestly take it IMO. And he would be in way over his head.

As much as people want to believe it is, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. You had literally one thing right here, I don't really have an opinion other than "Mark Richt is no better than what we have now."

You say the grass isn't always greener on the other side, but you can't be contempt with just going through the motions. And whose to say Frost or Richt can't be better? And there is plenty of room to get better. WE DON"T KNOW. Nobody could, but to be okay with what we have for the sake that it could get worse is just asinine.

Reread this entire thread and I really don't understand how this became a discussion where people think I am defending anyone. I have not uttered any word. Maybe it morphed when I outlined what a new coaching staff would have to do to meet this fanbase's expectations? I have not defended anyone.

Back to what I was saying, the expectatioins are outlined above. If a change is made, this is what that staff should be held to as you fire someone and hire someone else to be better than the former employee. There are no moral victories here at NU so "close competitive losses" will get you no wiggle room.

You're being an ass and trying to stir sh#t up. You think you know the fanbase and that we couldn't handle a close competitive loss. You're wrong as so many people here have proven to you. You want to argue here yet you have no opinion of your own other than IF there's a new guy you want him BCSing in his first year.

Not really the case. Simmer down son. I am simply stating that if you fire someone, you hire someone better. If that person that you hire can't live up to those expectations then firing that person was all for nothing. So think about the set of expectations before you throw out names like Mark Richt and Scott Frost. Neither of those guys would live up to those expectations. Not being "an ass," flat out being realistic. Sorry to rain on your "Fire Somebody" lynch mob, but the real fact of the matter is that we would be advertising on craigslist for our head coaching job. Frost would be the only one that I think would honestly take it IMO. And he would be in way over his head.

As much as people want to believe it is, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. You had literally one thing right here, I don't really have an opinion other than "Mark Richt is no better than what we have now."

You say the grass isn't always greener on the other side, but you can't be contempt with just going through the motions. And whose to say Frost or Richt can't be better? And there is plenty of room to get better. WE DON"T KNOW. Nobody could, but to be okay with what we have for the sake that it could get worse is just asinine.

Very hard time believing that a guy who doesn't even call plays for the offense that he is coordinating or a guy who has basically the same results as Pelini would be any better. It would be a very humbling experience if we were in a coaching search right now.

Very hard time believing that a guy who doesn't even call plays for the offense that he is coordinating or a guy who has basically the same results as Pelini would be any better. It would be a very humbling experience if we were in a coaching search right now.

He does call the plays for Oregon?? And what's each of their best seasons? I'm curious. Who has a BCS win? Appearance? CCG win? less than 3 losses? Plays in the tougher SEC conference? (this one is debatable)

He does call the plays for Oregon?? And what's each of their best seasons? I'm curious. Who has a BCS win? Appearance? CCG win? less than 3 losses? Plays in the tougher SEC conference? (this one is debatable)

Im sure him coaching the WRs for those two years had a huge big time hand in that. He is clearly qualified to be our HC.

Frost does call the plays.

Rumors are that he does not anymore. Can't find a link, but the rumors are that he doesn't.

Regardless, when you cover up the name on his resume he is nowhere near qualified to be our HC.

I have no clue where those rumors are coming from. There are no such rumors here in Eugene, where everybody loves Frost, and every article I've seen written about it clearly implies that he's calling the plays. Like this one written after the Washington game, which was just a couple weeks ago. Musberger and Herbstreit even talked about it on the broadcast last night.

Rumors are that he does not anymore. Can't find a link, but the rumors are that he doesn't.

Regardless, when you cover up the name on his resume he is nowhere near qualified to be our HC.

Good recruiter, Nebraska Ties, OC of the best offense in the country, NFL playing experience, has worked under MANY great coaches, similar but more efficient scheme of what we have offensively right now, not a defensive guy per say so would be more willing to get a top notch DC that could elevate the dumpster that is our D at the moment. Sounds alright to me. I was offput by the thought of Frost before but it's kinda growing on me tbh.

Im sure him coaching the WRs for those two years had a huge big time hand in that. He is clearly qualified to be our HC.

I was referring to Richt on everything but the playcalling, my bad.

For the record, I do not support the hiring of Richt or Frost as HC. Frost as OC, fo sho.

Jack Del Rio for HC.

The thing people don't understand about Frost is that he's already in a significantly better OC job than the one we could offer him. He has no reason to leave that position for any other OC job in the country. At this point, the only way he comes back to Nebraska is as a head coach.

Good recruiter, Nebraska Ties, OC of the best offense in the country, NFL playing experience, has worked under MANY great coaches, similar but more efficient scheme of what we have offensively right now, not a defensive guy per say so would be more willing to get a top notch DC that could elevate the dumpster that is our D at the moment. Sounds alright to me. I was offput by the thought of Frost before but it's kinda growing on me tbh.

You cover up the name on the resume and in no way should he even be in the conversation.

For the record, I do not support the hiring of Richt or Frost as HC. Frost as OC, fo sho.

Jack Del Rio for HC.

The thing people don't understand about Frost is that he's already in a significantly better OC job than the one we could offer him. He has no reason to leave that position for any other OC job in the country. At this point, the only way he comes back to Nebraska is as a head coach.

Oh I fully understand that. Which is why I don't expect him back anytime soon.