The Mark Richt Campaign

I don't think I want Frost as either HC or OC. OC seems even less promising than HC. He has one year being OC-in-name under a HC who is running his predecessor HC's offense. I like what we have in Beck.

This idea that Frost is only "OC-in-name" is just flat-out incorrect. He's the offensive coordinator. He's calling the plays, not Helfrich. It's a fact.

Notwithstanding rumors that he isn't anymore, not only did Frost not design this offense he is in year 1 of having the OC title under, neither did Helfrich.

Look at it this way. Bo was a superstar coordinator when he arrived here, and look where that got us. Bo could have let Carl or JP call the plays if he wanted, and that decision wouldn't have changed the reality of what Carl and JP are. Even Beck is his own OC, as his career in the Texas HS and lower college ranks demonstrates.

Frost has shown a lot of promise as a coach, period, and so has climbed the ranks within the Oregon organization, but that doesn't confer upon him the title of star coordinator. He has, if anything, more potential as a future head coach somewhere, but in my opinion it'd be a considerable risk to let him learn on the job here in that capacity.

It's totally fine if you don't think he should be the head coach or offensive coordinator at Nebraska. If you read my posts, you should know that even I think that would be an extremely risky move.

Just don't make stuff up to try to back up your point. Frost is calling plays. There is no evidence - none - stating otherwise. I live in Eugene, and the first I've heard of these "rumors" that he wasn't calling plays anymore was in this thread, with nothing to back it up, and it was from a guy who (all due respect to EZ-E), has not been particularly subtle about showing his personal feelings about Frost.

I'm cool with people saying Frost shouldn't be a coach at Nebraska. But there are plenty of reasons you can use to support that claim without making up "rumors."

So, a new staff has a ton of young talent that has won 9-10 games a year since their time here and it isn't a reasonable expectation to expect a CC in year two? Why? Bo took a team that lost 7 games the year before and won 9 and then 10 and played for a CC. If you fire someone you better get someone better than the guy you fired. That isn't unreasonable is it???

I understand the concept of what you're saying, but if Bo is fired, it's not for what he did in 2008-2010. It's for 2011-2013. Similarly, if a new coach is hired, his progress wouldn't be measured in comparison to where Bo had the program in 2009. It would be measured with where he had the program in 2013.

• Fire 1

Oh, OK. Well, I've only seen a couple of posts suggesting maybe he doesn't anymore. I have no idea. Whether he calls plays or not doesn't change what I said originally, though: doesn't affect his status as 'OC in name.' That's not his offense there in Oregon.

It's his offense now, as he is running it now and is making what it is work as well as it did under Kelly. That means he can transfer it here and tweak it to his liking. It's not like he would just magically not know how to run the offense they run when he came here. He's learned the way to run it well enough to be OC at the best offense in the country.

Oh, OK. Well, I've only seen a couple of posts suggesting maybe he doesn't anymore. I have no idea. Whether he calls plays or not doesn't change what I said originally, though: doesn't affect his status as 'OC in name.' That's not his offense there in Oregon.

I understand that it's Chip Kelly's system, and that it's Kelly's players. It's still Frost's responsibility to get them to play at a high level, to make key in-game decisions and calls in order for those players to be successful. It's possible to recognize that his current position inherited a ton of advantages without completely disregarding his success.

So, a new staff has a ton of young talent that has won 9-10 games a year since their time here and it isn't a reasonable expectation to expect a CC in year two? Why? Bo took a team that lost 7 games the year before and won 9 and then 10 and played for a CC. If you fire someone you better get someone better than the guy you fired. That isn't unreasonable is it???

I totally agree and posted something similar about expectations in another thread (the ESPN thread on here if I remember). My expectation would not be they equal Pelini. If you get rid of a guy, it better exceed what he did. Immediately.

I understand the concept of what you're saying, but if Bo is fired, it's not for what he did in 2008-2010. It's for 2011-2013. Similarly, if a new coach is hired, his progress wouldn't be measured in comparison to where Bo had the program in 2009. It would be measured with where he had the program in 2013.

What about what EZ-E wrote above didn't happen as recently as last season? And this season is only half completed.

Yeah, I'm not going to completely disregard it. He has a sweet gig right now, he's earned it, and it's setting him up for a pretty bright future somewhere. I'd just point out that there's another step in the link between him and Kelly, his current HC and the previous OC under Kelly. And that even star coordinators don't make great HCs. Frost's best assets seem like his overall coaching qualities rather than his scheming genius, which is probably a better sign for him. Maybe he'll develop into a star coordinator, I just don't think he's there yet and his future looks more like an HC.

Then that's completely ass-backwards.

Frost does call the plays.

Rumors are that he does not anymore. Can't find a link, but the rumors are that he doesn't.

Regardless, when you cover up the name on his resume he is nowhere near qualified to be our HC.

How about you apologize to the good people of this board for 100% completely fabricating a story to validate your completely inaccurate point of view.

EZ-E, people value your opinion to the point where we want to hear legitimate reasons why you do not think Scott is ready for the Nebraska job, but making crap up to support it, it is just embarrassing. Here is a link, for you, calling Scott "an outstanding young play-caller." This seems to contradict all your sources you have planted in Eugene, Oregon. I can find supply more links I read earlier today discussing play-calling specific quotes from Frost, too.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/24148008/big-picture-ducks-d-ready-for-stretch-run-best-comeback-story

Frost does call the plays.

Rumors are that he does not anymore. Can't find a link, but the rumors are that he doesn't.

Regardless, when you cover up the name on his resume he is nowhere near qualified to be our HC.

How about you apologize to the good people of this board for 100% completely fabricating a story to validate your completely inaccurate point of view.

EZ-E, people value your opinion to the point where we want to hear legitimate reasons why you do not think Scott is ready for the Nebraska job, but making crap up to support it, it is just embarrassing. Here is a link, for you, calling Scott "an outstanding young play-caller." This seems to contradict all your sources you have planted in Eugene, Oregon. I can find supply more links I read earlier today discussing play-calling specific quotes from Frost, too.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/24148008/big-picture-ducks-d-ready-for-stretch-run-best-comeback-story

Did not even in the slightest imply that I have "sources in Eugene." Never one time did I do that. Read it from stump1 on this board. Which is why I said that "rumor is he doesn't call them anymore." Try reading the post exactly how I wrote it.

My thoughts about Scott are very well documented in other threads. But one more time for the slow guy:

Cover up the name on his resume and there is no way he is qualified to be the Head Coach at Nebraska. I can't think of anyone even making a case for him.

So Bo was compared to where Solich had the team, and not Callahan?

So Bo was compared to where Solich had the team, and not Callahan?

You are going to really have to break this down as to how you came up with that from what was posted.