The "We're Behind You Bo!" thread

I am indifferent about the whole situation. Im not really on either side. If he gets fired, fine. If he stays, fine. All I know is there will probably be some firings at the end of the season. Not sure if one of them will be Bo.

I, however, am skeptical that we will be able to bring in a good coach if he were to be fired. But that's why Eichorst gets paid the big bucks and I don't.

Do the Bo supporters really believe bringing in a new OC and DC would really make a difference? Do you think he would relinquish any control? If you were an experienced coordinator , would you come to work here with Bo as the head coach?

I really am curious what people think about that considering Bo's stubbornness.

I think it would accomplish what everyone wants if he was told, "Experienced, outside OC and DC with you focusing on being a HC, otherwise we'll find another HC." If he could do what they asked, I think the majority of our problems would be solved. If he couldn't, everyone else would get what they want, a new HC.

I'm not commenting on whether he could or could not do that, only that it is what the AD and boosters should be demanding at season's end.

[quote name=EbylHusker'

timestamp='1383079584' post='1253354][quote

name=3rd and long' timestamp='1383078783'

post='1253344]

Do the Bo supporters really believe bringing in a new OC and DC would really make a difference? Do you think he would relinquish any control? If you were an experienced coordinator , would you come to work here with Bo as the head coach?

I think it would accomplish what everyone wants if he was told, "Experienced, outside OC and DC with you focusing on being a HC, otherwise we'll find another HC." If he could do what they asked, I think the majority of our problems would be solved. If he couldn't, everyone else would get what they want, a new HC.

I'm not commenting on whether he could or could not do that, only that it is what the AD and boosters should be demanding at season's end.

I agree, that would make a lot of people happy. I'm just not sure it would solve anything in the end.

I really like Bo. I think he runs a program the right way. Kids stay out of trouble, kids graduate. He has embraced the walk-on program and it has paid dividends. I really want Bo to succeed, and 2 years ago I thought he would.

I don't know what has changed. Could have been Carl leaving and Bo selected poor coordinators on D and O.

Bottom line, Bo needs wins and not embarassing losses. I hope the wins come and quickly.

If Bo is canned I have no doubt in NU's ability to pay a quality coach 4 million dollars and there are only about 20 schools that can do that. I have no doubt in the ability to get a quality coach.

T.O. had the ability to tell the fan base Bo as a D-Cordinator is the guy. Eichorst has to reach higher. Art Briles, Jim Tressel NU could get these guys.

This is Bo we're talking about. Just to spite his bosses he'd simply tell them to piss off and leave. He's too stubborn to realize that he doesn't know what he's doing anymore and needs help from experienced Coordinators. He's the type of person who would cut off his nose to spite his face.

I like Bo, but he's in over his head in more ways that he believes. He wont let any of his coaches go because they are his friends and that right there will be his downfall.

Given the looks and "conversations" Bo and Paps have on the sideline, I would say this is Paps defense and his workings and Bo is not happy with it. When Bo showed up we thought he was a defensive coordinator playing head coach and wanted him to become more of a head coach. I think we are there. If a new D coordinator were to be found that is experienced and proves he knows how to run a defense it might be the piece to complete the puzzle.

Do we have the patience for Bo to find the right guy and does Bo have the ability to take over a whole team gameplan that blends offense to defense that makes them go hand-in-hand?

• Fire 1

If Bo plays an injured Martinez again, then I will have lost all support for the guy.

We knew going into this season that the defense was going to be pretty bad due to youth. What we didn't know was going to happen was a nagging injury happening to Martinez that has limited his performance.

If we would have kept focus against UCLA and played TA and RKIII against Minnesota, we could be undefeated right now.

What needs to get fixed is our staff getting outcoached by lesser teams in terms of talent. If we fire Bo, we have to lure away an overachiving HEAD coach from a smaller school. I knew the Callahan experiment was going to be a complete disaster when Peterson's offers were being turned down over and over and we had to settle for our sixth best pick.