Per Press Conference with Bo: As of today, Tommy is starting

Here is the quote from Bo per ESPN.

"I'm not a doctor," Pelini said. "It's something with his toes. I don't know the name for it."

That could be Bo and his typical non-savvy presser or just another example that makes you say WTH.

This might be an even crazier season than 2007. It is shaping up to be a wild ride to the end. I hope for the team we win out and get a shot at the conference.

I guess what I don't get is, well into the 2nd half, when the game was still winnable, didn't they just make a command decision, based on TMart's throwing performance to that point, and make a change? It shouldn't matter if TMart says he's ok, it's a coach's job to evaluate and make a change if need be...

• Fire 1
I guess what I don't get is, well into the 2nd half, when the game was still winnable, didn't they just make a command decision, based on TMart's throwing performance to that point, and make a change? It shouldn't matter if TMart says he's ok, it's a coach's job to evaluate and make a change if need be...

Martinez's dad must have photos of Bo in drag.

• Fire 1

Tommy or Ron need to finish the year. Let the kid heal up, and maybe if this unguided sinking ship can win enough to get to a bowl game. If so and he is healed let him play. Tommy needs the experience, the team needs some solid play.

TM only should've played if he was 100% capable of doing the things we needed him to do. If he had a few lingering issues, that's football. But, as long as you can do your job, then do it. It's quite clear that TM can't do his job the way we need him to. For whatever reason, TM is also getting absolutely no help from his coaches in terms of playcalling and the players around him are dropping passes or not blocking well.

I've been an ardent support of TM during his career, arguing that TM was completely capable of taking us where we needed him to take us, but the players around him weren't doing well enough. In many ways, I still believe this to be true. That said, I do worry that in his current state he offers little value to this team. We got into that all too familiar rut Saturday, and this time, TMagic had no magic left to use. Beck ignorantly had him throw the football and side-stepped Abdullah, for whatever reason, which made matters worse.

Whatever that was Saturday can't happen anymore. I'm very proud to call TM a Husker and wish him all the best, but in many ways, I feel his ship has set sail because of the injuries. If we want a passer - play Kellogg (could've done just about everything we asked TM to do Saturday). If you want dynamic sans RKIII's throwing - play TA.

/dropsmic

Martinez's dad must have photos of Bo in drag.

Well, whatever it is, it's keeping him and/or Beck from making good decisions...

I haven't read the whole thread, but have seen a lot of people saying that Taylor's not capable of running the ball right now. On his first designed rush attempt last Saturday, he went for 35 yards. So, was that just a fluke?

I'm not sure Tommy Armstrong has gone for more than 20 yards in his entire collegiate career. A lot of people are also conveniently forgetting that even with Taylor's interception at the end of the MN game, Tommy has still thrown more interceptions this year than Martinez.

Like I've said in other threads, I care about who's starting at QB way less than I do about the gameplan and the playcalling. I think any of the 3 QBs can win games and run the offense if they are put in a position to succeed by their coaches. However, fans are forming opinions about QBs with absolutely no objectivity whatsoever.

I haven't read the whole thread, but have seen a lot of people saying that Taylor's not capable of running the ball right now. On his first designed rush attempt last Saturday, he went for 35 yards. So, was that just a fluke?

I'm not sure Tommy Armstrong has gone for more than 20 yards in his entire collegiate career. A lot of people are also conveniently forgetting that even with Taylor's interception at the end of the MN game, Tommy has still thrown more interceptions this year than Martinez.

Like I've said in other threads, I care about who's starting at QB way less than I do about the gameplan and the playcalling. I think any of the 3 QBs can win games and run the offense if they are put in a position to succeed by their coaches. However, fans are forming opinions about QBs with absolutely no objectivity whatsoever.

Good points, but what I don't get is, we have 3 perfectly capable RB's, so we don't need to run our QB, unless we want to throw a wrinkle into the offensive playcalling.

I guess the fact that my post #243 didn't generate any discussion whatsoever and only received one "I've heard similar things too" comment says quite a bit about the dismal state of things. I was sort of hoping people would shoot holes in it and tell me I must be smoking crack to even consider such hooey. Apparently it was all met with a shrug of "probably" and apathy. Sad.

Well...I went back and checked it out, if it makes you feel better. I'm just glad that I didn't get a degree from an SEC school and actually knew how to figure out a number that high.

Good points, but what I don't get is, we have 3 perfectly capable RB's, so we don't need to run our QB, unless we want to throw a wrinkle into the offensive playcalling.

I actually prefer using a QB-run game. It forces the opponent to defend all 11 offensive players.

I don't think the staff has any idea what they want to do, though. They start Taylor, then don't use a QB run game and throw the ball over 30 times when the RB is averaging nearly 9 ypc. It makes absolutely no sense.

If you're going to play Taylor, he better run the ball (especially the read option, where he's most dangerous). If you're not going to run the QB, RKIII is the best passer on the team and he knows the whole offense. If you're not willing to run Taylor because of some made-up excuse, but you want the QB run game, go with Tommy.

It should be as simple as that.

I actually prefer using a QB-run game. It forces the opponent to defend all 11 offensive players.

I don't think the staff has any idea what they want to do, though. They start Taylor, then don't use a QB run game and throw the ball over 30 times when the RB is averaging nearly 9 ypc. It makes absolutely no sense.

If you're going to play Taylor, he better run the ball (especially the read option, where he's most dangerous). If you're not going to run the QB, RKIII is the best passer on the team and he knows the whole offense. If you're not willing to run Taylor because of some made-up excuse, but you want the QB run game, go with Tommy.

It should be as simple as that.

I understand you want to give the D as many looks as possible to try and stay a step ahead of them, but we've got the "triplets" and that isn't necessary to do. If we only had one real option at the RB position, then I would be totally be on board with what you're saying.

Not if the opponent barely has to worry about any of the receivers.

Minnesota played with 1-deep safety and dared us to pass, but we couldn't. It hasn't been the first time this has happened. I don't know how healthy or not Taylor is. He claims he's not, but we saw him bust the run. He didn't look on his game and there were one or two occasions where it looked like he had trouble planting and taking off. Whether it's Taylor's fault, his injury's fault, Beck's fault or the aquarium guy's fault, we tend to not succeed at making the opponent defend all 11 guys with Taylor at QB, and at this point in the TM era it's probably unlikely to futile to expect that to change.

It's been brought up a few times, but I believe that Taylor truly believed that he could play and that he was the best choice at QB even though he was hurt. It's a simple fact that he's had to play injured since the Missouri game in '10. He probably played with similar pain all of '11, and even at the end of last year when he rolled his ankle against Michigan.

It didn't work out, and it's 100% on the coaches for not pulling him when it became clear he wasn't healthy. Neither Pelini nor Beck should play Martinez until they get a 3rd party saying he's OK (and that might not happen this year).

Bottom line is that last Saturday was a clusterf**k after we got up 10-0. The offense and the defense did not play well at all (ST was fine until Foltz shanked that punt).

I guess the fact that my post #243 didn't generate any discussion whatsoever and only received one "I've heard similar things too" comment says quite a bit about the dismal state of things. I was sort of hoping people would shoot holes in it and tell me I must be smoking crack to even consider such hooey. Apparently it was all met with a shrug of "probably" and apathy. Sad.

Your assumption about people's reaction to it is as wild, baseless, and most likely incorrect, as the post to which you're referring.