Does this bother you?

Vince R.

I agree with what Jay Foreman wrote today. He doesn't think the problem is coaching, nor do I. http://nebraska.247s...innesota-157368

Agree with all that was said regarding the lackluster effort by the defense. However, it still comes back to Pelini. A) He recruited these players. B) It is his job, for which he is compensated generously, to get these players in the proper frame of mind to be successful. No, he nor his staff can do it for them, but if they have players that don't have the desire and passion to be successful it comes back to recruiting.

In my mind, it ALL falls on Pelini's shoulders. Don't like the DC? Who hired him. Don't like the play/attitude of a player? Who recruited him? It's really that simple in my mind. Franky, don't think Pelini has the necessary tools to be a successful head coach at a D1 school. DC? Absolutely!

To take this one step further, I wouldn't want to have Shawn Eichorst's job right now. I imagine his inbox is filled with polite, or not so polite "suggestions" regarding the current state of Nebraska football.

Of course it comes back to Pelini. The move to the B10 has exposed a real weakness at LB. I'd be surprised if Ross Els gets an hour of sleep at night. The staff is desperately looking to solve the LB situation. In the Minnesota game, the small group I watched the game with commented several times how we had a LB in position to make a TFL and didn't get it done. Regarding Pelini's salary, it's in line with market value for DI head coaches now. There is more than one poster wanting to open up the checkbook even more......and that's fine with me. If Pelini is replaced, I expect better results immediately. Not in year 2. Immediately 10 or more wins and the B10 title. If not, he's gone after his first year.

That's perfectly reasonable.

Anything else would be stagnant or a regression

When Bo wins, he's like a bully on the pulpit. I don't get it. That's not the first time he's said something and we've all went "ohhhhhhhhhhh, boy." Because the one truth in football is there's always worse days, and there's always better.

Pelini is an emotional guy and it's one of the key reasons he was hired.

I agree with what Jay Foreman wrote today. He doesn't think the problem is coaching, nor do I. http://nebraska.247s...innesota-157368

Agree with all that was said regarding the lackluster effort by the defense. However, it still comes back to Pelini. A) He recruited these players. B) It is his job, for which he is compensated generously, to get these players in the proper frame of mind to be successful. No, he nor his staff can do it for them, but if they have players that don't have the desire and passion to be successful it comes back to recruiting.

In my mind, it ALL falls on Pelini's shoulders. Don't like the DC? Who hired him. Don't like the play/attitude of a player? Who recruited him? It's really that simple in my mind. Franky, don't think Pelini has the necessary tools to be a successful head coach at a D1 school. DC? Absolutely!

To take this one step further, I wouldn't want to have Shawn Eichorst's job right now. I imagine his inbox is filled with polite, or not so polite "suggestions" regarding the current state of Nebraska football.

Of course it comes back to Pelini. The move to the B10 has exposed a real weakness at LB. I'd be surprised if Ross Els gets an hour of sleep at night. The staff is desperately looking to solve the LB situation. In the Minnesota game, the small group I watched the game with commented several times how we had a LB in position to make a TFL and didn't get it done. Regarding Pelini's salary, it's in line with market value for DI head coaches now. There is more than one poster wanting to open up the checkbook even more......and that's fine with me. If Pelini is replaced, I expect better results immediately. Not in year 2. Immediately 10 or more wins and the B10 title. If not, he's gone after his first year.

That's perfectly reasonable.

Anything else would be stagnant or a regression

Maybe 3 years would be too unreasonable? I mean we've given Bo 6 and his best year was his 2nd. You're just being unreasonable to push your agenda. If you feel like we need to keep Bo then fine. I'm even willing to give him more time to see what we can do with the young guys on our team. 2 more years is it though. At that point if we've still regressed then we need to decide if we want to be Iowa or if we want to be Nebraska.

I agree with what he wrote also except I don't give a free pass to the coaches. Why do they play so unmotivated? Why are they so unprepared? Why do they appear weak and easy to dominate? Why do we play a gimpy QB and use a guy with his skill set as a pocket passer? How long is failure to execute an acceptable excuse?

You and Jay are only addressing part of the problem and it's the easiest part at that.

This! And with the current state of our program there should be a hell of a lot more to be concerned about. But our team motivation bothers me the most on both sides of the ball. One word sums up my thoughts about this team and that is "timid". I think it's time to shout the battle cry of "Restore the Order" again. In the last 6 years our trophy case has to look pretty damn barren and pathetic compared the dusty hardware sitting in there that built this program.

In the last 6 years our trophy case has to look pretty damn barren and pathetic compared the dusty hardware sitting in there that built this program.

I understand you are making your point about Pelini specifically, but the barren trophy case has been that way longer than 6 years. The hardware isn't from 7 years ago.

In the last 6 years our trophy case has to look pretty damn barren and pathetic compared the dusty hardware sitting in there that built this program.

I understand you are making your point about Pelini specifically, but the barren trophy case has been that way longer than 6 years. The hardware isn't from 7 years ago.

Correct! Just making the point that this is Nebraska football and it's been way too long. This program has been irreverent and not worthy of a top 10 spot since Pelini has been here IMO. We were not better off before he got here but I think it's time to move on. We consistently have a tough time cracking the top 15. And that is the only thing this team is consistent at doing and choking under pressure.

It bothers me that their coach was saying that. It bothers me that he was right. And it bothers me to know you spent time watching the other team's coaching show.

I came across it after I got done watching a 2009 nebraska defense video. I think watching other teams coaching shows is insightful and provides outside perspective(something this program desperately needs). Especially when it is about us so it is absolutely relevant my man.

Just re-watched it again. The concept to attack it - put a body on a body and by the time the safety gets to you, you already have a six yard gain. If he misses then you really have a chance for a big play. I think to counter the runs between the tackles they were smart to run the speed sweeps to the outside to spread the field. It was a good game plan by the Gophers. The Minnesota Gophers. Good job.

I'm tired of these former players who can't coach worth crap giving their endless effort pep talks. Like Tony said to KFAB, they need to keep their opinions in house.

I'd prefer that we play close to the line so we have numbers and make them beat us over the top. You can't do that against a team like Oregon but Minnesota was no Oregon; a bottled up middle and good rush would've probably been much more effective than the prevent.

I have it on good authority that Pelini is a defensive genius and guru and that anyone who doubts that simply doesn't know anything about football. I'm also assured that the dozen or so blowout losses, upset losses to unranked teams and records for defensive futility that have been set under Pelini are all aberrations and prove nothing.

Ha.

When Bo wins, he's like a bully on the pulpit. I don't get it. That's not the first time he's said something and we've all went "ohhhhhhhhhhh, boy." Because the one truth in football is there's always worse days, and there's always better.
Pelini is an emotional guy and it's one of the key reasons he was hired.

Fiery and hard-nosed can be useful emotions. Petty and thin-skinned, not so much.

Just re-watched it again. The concept to attack it - put a body on a body and by the time the safety gets to you, you already have a six yard gain. If he misses then you really have a chance for a big play. I think to counter the runs between the tackles they were smart to run the speed sweeps to the outside to spread the field. It was a good game plan by the Gophers. The Minnesota Gophers. Good job.

Keep in mind that this TV show was a PREVIEW of the Minnesota game. Meaning they hadn't even played Nebraska yet, and Coach seemed unconcerned that he was telling the Huskers exactly what he planned to do to them, as if the Nebraska defense was set in stone.