Does this bother you?

Vince R.

One thing it did sort of confirm for me was my suspicion that the "Vincent Valentine demands a double team" chatter was a wee bit overblown. And that's not a knock on the guy, I think he has a ridiculous amount of potential, he just isn't there yet.

Did I miss this or was there a reason given that VV didn't play much? Or did he play more and I just didn't see him out there? I know they said that he wasn't going to start but I didn't see him on the field much at all.

Curry and Randle apparently had a good week of practice.

I had gathered that from Curry being announced as the started before the game but with how much we usually rotate, I was surprised VV wasn't in there more - I really couldn't find him on the field when I re-watched the first half last night. Or did I just miss him?

I agree with what Jay Foreman wrote today. He doesn't think the problem is coaching, nor do I. http://nebraska.247s...innesota-157368

Agree with all that was said regarding the lackluster effort by the defense. However, it still comes back to Pelini. A) He recruited these players. B) It is his job, for which he is compensated generously, to get these players in the proper frame of mind to be successful. No, he nor his staff can do it for them, but if they have players that don't have the desire and passion to be successful it comes back to recruiting.

In my mind, it ALL falls on Pelini's shoulders. Don't like the DC? Who hired him. Don't like the play/attitude of a player? Who recruited him? It's really that simple in my mind. Franky, don't think Pelini has the necessary tools to be a successful head coach at a D1 school. DC? Absolutely!

To take this one step further, I wouldn't want to have Shawn Eichorst's job right now. I imagine his inbox is filled with polite, or not so polite "suggestions" regarding the current state of Nebraska football.

Of course it comes back to Pelini. The move to the B10 has exposed a real weakness at LB. I'd be surprised if Ross Els gets an hour of sleep at night. The staff is desperately looking to solve the LB situation. In the Minnesota game, the small group I watched the game with commented several times how we had a LB in position to make a TFL and didn't get it done. Regarding Pelini's salary, it's in line with market value for DI head coaches now. There is more than one poster wanting to open up the checkbook even more......and that's fine with me. If Pelini is replaced, I expect better results immediately. Not in year 2. Immediately 10 or more wins and the B10 title. If not, he's gone after his first year.

Your expectations for immediate results are ridiculous and completely unrealistic.

Why? The new coach should be better than the previous one, correct? That's why you get rid of a coach in the first place. And like its been said, we have more than enough talent on this team to win the B1G.

I agree, but a timetable of one year is what I find ridiculous. However I do NOT agree there is enough talent on the current squad to compete for a conference championship and would question how someone could arrive at that opinion.

One thing it did sort of confirm for me was my suspicion that the "Vincent Valentine demands a double team" chatter was a wee bit overblown. And that's not a knock on the guy, I think he has a ridiculous amount of potential, he just isn't there yet.

Did I miss this or was there a reason given that VV didn't play much? Or did he play more and I just didn't see him out there? I know they said that he wasn't going to start but I didn't see him on the field much at all.

Curry and Randle apparently had a good week of practice.

I had gathered that from Curry being announced as the started before the game but with how much we usually rotate, I was surprised VV wasn't in there more - I really couldn't find him on the field when I re-watched the first half last night. Or did I just miss him?

Didn't they say he got benched or something along those lines before the game b/c he had a bad week of practice?

I dont see how this can be a proper observation. The guy has to get PT first right?

I know I've never been much as far as questioning the staff on personell and such since I'm not at practice and so on, but this one I can let go. Why Valentine is not on the field as much as he's willing to go is beyond head-scratching.

Sorry computer is being worthless and wouldn't let me quote. From HuskerVBFan above:

I agree, but a timetable of one year is what I find ridiculous. However I do NOT agree there is enough talent on the current squad to compete for a conference championship and would question how someone could arrive at that opinion.

False. Who in the B1G has more apparent talent than us, aside from maybe Ohio State? Yes they are unbeaten but they certainly have their weaknesses and look beatable (I'll be amazed if they go undefeated again this year). Michigan? If they do they certainly haven't shown it. MSU? Still waiting for them to have an offense. Wisconsin? Another talented but inconsistent team. The B1G is all around far from impressive this year IMO.

In the UCLA game, they were out b*tches almost that entire first half. Does UCLA lack talent too? We are no less talented than them, we just purely got out coached, which is a very reoccurring theme for Pelini and staff. Personally I think they would have a legitimate chance of winning the B1G if they were a part of it. Instead they are in what is probably the best conference this year and are doing quite well. So please tell me again how we lack TALENT to compete for a conference championship.

I dont see how this can be a proper observation. The guy has to get PT first right?

He got plenty of playing time before the Minnesota game, and the Minnesota guy didn't seem the least bit concerned about putting a double team on anyone.

Our talent has been upgraded very well with the past two classes. I am very optimistic about our talent level in the conference now and going forward. Our front 7 is very inexperienced and upperclassmen at those positions struggle. And no, I do not find it ridiculous to expect that if Pelini is let go the next coach wins immediately. Thus far even an 8 win season would be worse than anything Pelini has delivered from day one of his tenure.

I know I've never been much as far as questioning the staff on personell and such since I'm not at practice and so on, but this one I can let go. Why Valentine is not on the field as much as he's willing to go is beyond head-scratching.

I heard it was because he was selling weed to Bo's brother :)

Since watching the Minny video, I have been watching how other teams align on defense. I have had the opportunity to watch more NFL games than college, but I have seen very few plays with the D alignment shown on the tape. I am anxious to watch Nebraska play again so I can see how often that alignment is used. In any case, I have not liked the scheme Bo runs. I prefer to apply pressure.

Sorry computer is being worthless and wouldn't let me quote. From HuskerVBFan above:

False. Who in the B1G has more apparent talent than us, aside from maybe Ohio State? Yes they are unbeaten but they certainly have their weaknesses and look beatable (I'll be amazed if they go undefeated again this year). Michigan? If they do they certainly haven't shown it. MSU? Still waiting for them to have an offense. Wisconsin? Another talented but inconsistent team. The B1G is all around far from impressive this year IMO.

In the UCLA game, they were out b*tches almost that entire first half. Does UCLA lack talent too? We are no less talented than them, we just purely got out coached, which is a very reoccurring theme for Pelini and staff. Personally I think they would have a legitimate chance of winning the B1G if they were a part of it. Instead they are in what is probably the best conference this year and are doing quite well. So please tell me again how we lack TALENT to compete for a conference championship.

First off, your response of "false" indicates you're either arrogant or don't understand that ones OPINION is neither right or wrong.

"MAYBE" Ohio State. You're kidding right?

While I agree coaching is the number one problem, part of coaching as you know is recruiting and I don't feel this staff is any better at recruiting as they are anything else. And I DEFINITELY don't agree the Huskers have near the talent as UCLA. Again... Just my opinion.

Our linemen on both sides of the ball are a bunch of fat, poorly conditioned, injury prone, weak-ass pu$$ies who get pushed around by just about everyone they play. And we just got punked in the trenches on both sides of the ball against f'n Minnesota.

Yeah, that bothers me. Our strength and conditioning program seems to be doing a good job with the skill position guys, but a god-awful job with the linemen. And I'm tired of it.