How many wins does Bo need to keep his job?

Northwestern

@ Michigan

Michigan St.

@Penn St.

Iowa

How many of the remaining games must Pelini when to keep his job? Where do those wins come from? Can he do it?

Here is my take:

W (55/45 chance)-Northwestern

L-@ Michigan

L-Michigan St.

W-@Penn St.

L-Iowa

Would this be enough to keep his job?

4/5 - I think as this season wears on, it will become even more obvious how piss-poor our competition is. Very possible we won't play a single team in final the top 25. If we can only muster 8 wins against this schedule, and our D continues down it's Cosgrovian path...don't think that will be enough. I think he's got to get to 9 in regular season, or he won't get a chance to get that 9th in a bowl...especially since he might win the next 2 and close out with 3 straight losses.

If Taylor Martinez is out, our Freshman quarteback plays well, and our defense acheives some modest goals, like holding a few opponents to under 200 yards rushing, we can take two or three losses and Bo keeps his job. It needs to look like this team is fighting, and that something is improving. A bowl win would seal another year.

But the bigger issue is the bad mojo. Winning cures everything, but short of winning out this team needs to take the flavor of apathy and mediocrity out of everyone's mouth.

I don't thin Pelini can survive another outright embarrassment.

• Fire 1

He has to win this weekend. A loss and he is gone.

He can lose to Michigan, but it has to be close, no rout.

He has to beat Michigan State, to give us any hope we are going to improve under his leadership.

He has to beat a down trodden Penn State. A loss to an under talented/numbers team can not be accepted.

So he needs to go 4 of 5. But that number will be very hard for them to do, with the attitude on display.

On the other side, if he should lose to the teams I have him needing to win, but keeps it competitive, the team plays like it has direction, determination, desire and gives a sense of coming around to what some say they are capable of, he could keep his job.

Just play like it is important, every snap.

He needs to beat Iowa, that is bragging rights to the area.

• Fire 1

No matter what he will finish the year. No reason not to. No one on the staff is anymore capable than Bo to lead this team. None are truly qualified for their jobs it seems.

I just hope we get by Northwestern. Losing to them after their four game skid would really be bad. If they play us like they did Ohio State, we do not have a chance unfortunately. I expect them to be ready to play after our loss to Minnesota.