How many wins does Bo need to keep his job?

I think his job is unsalvageable at this point. If he were to win the rest (possibly even lose one closely contested game) and play well, if not win, in the CCG, that would save his job. But does anyone actually think that is what will happen? Really? Eichorst has to be identifying potentials right now. My prediction- this will happen at the end of this season barring a miracle finish.

I'd rather we lose every game and build a team that can compete with the best than win with fluff and trick plays that run up the score on also-rans but don't stand a chance against the big boys. I don't think Bo will get fired after this season...just my gut feeling.....next year there better be a reason to keep him.

The thing that worries me the most is I do not think Minnesota can beat any of those teams on our remaining schedule.

Considering Minnesota has already beaten Northwestern and we have them remaining on our schedule, it's obvious they can. Wasn't Northwestern still ranked when Minnesota beat them? We were ranked when Minnesota beat us. Minnesota is bowl eligible right? Minnesota isn't a great team, but they aren't the dumpster fire everyone is making them out to be. They just happen to be the one team we lost to this season we should have beaten much like every other year Bo has been here. I just don't see anymore than one possibly two more losses this season. If we fire another nine win coach, we deserve exactly what we get. Unless we clone either TO or Bill Snyder, I don't see a silver bullet out there. It's going to take more time.

The thing that worries me the most is I do not think Minnesota can beat any of those teams on our remaining schedule.

Considering Minnesota has already beaten Northwestern and we have them remaining on our schedule, it's obvious they can. Wasn't Northwestern still ranked when Minnesota beat them? We were ranked when Minnesota beat us. Minnesota is bowl eligible right? Minnesota isn't a great team, but they aren't the dumpster fire everyone is making them out to be. They just happen to be the one team we lost to this season we should have beaten much like every other year Bo has been here. I just don't see anymore than one possibly two more losses this season. If we fire another nine win coach, we deserve exactly what we get. Unless we clone either TO or Bill Snyder, I don't see a silver bullet out there. It's going to take more time.

IMHO, if he wins less than 9 games this year, you can punch a ticket for the guy, unfortunately. But, if he wins less than 9 and they are COMPETETIVE in those losses (not getting gashed for 250 on the ground or giving up huge chunks of yards), you can make a good case for him to stay around.

But, I mean, they're 5-2 with one loss in conference. The wheels haven't fallen off yet.

But if they lose the way they've been losing, forget it, he's gone.

7 wins or less he is gone.

8 wins with a blowout loss(es) included he is gone.

8 + wins with competitive losses he will likely stay.

This is what I'd go with. Although I don't know that it's a sure thing Bo would be fired for 7 wins. Especially if he scores style points with close, hard fought games. Something we haven't really seen so far.

I don't think it will be a matter of Bo being fired-I think Bo is ready to leave on his own. It's sad because when he came it seemed like such a good fit but I think he's had it. I could be wrong but he just looks beat to me.

I'd say that about sums it up. I'd like to think that three wins with no blowout losses could bring in some hope and buy him another year, but I don't know that even HE wants that right now.

I don't think it will be a matter of Bo being fired-I think Bo is ready to leave on his own. It's sad because when he came it seemed like such a good fit but I think he's had it. I could be wrong but he just looks beat to me.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. If Bo isn't here next season, I have a feeling it will be a mutual parting of ways where Bo will resign rather than be fired. Right now, it appears the deck is stacked against him. Between the poor defensive performances and the fbomb tirade tape, he just can't seem to catch a break. Now, we throw in his brother's situation as icing on the cake. If the team cashes in the season from here on out, we'll have a pretty good idea where Bo's head is right now.

7 wins or less he is gone.

8 wins with a blowout loss(es) included he is gone.

8 + wins with competitive losses he will likely stay.

This is about right. I think any more blow outs will seal the deal. I am doubtful about us making the CCG unless of a miracle attitude and performance turnaround. We know the D hasn't played up to our low expectations coming into the season, but the O is my biggest concern wt or wtout TM - it is not the scoring machine that was billed by Beck and Bo. Speaking of that - what has happened to Turner ?

If we make it to CCG - blowout by OSU could be expected based on performances to date.