How many wins does Bo need to keep his job?

7 wins or less he is gone.

8 wins with a blowout loss(es) included he is gone.

8 + wins with competitive losses he will likely stay.

This is what I'd go with. Although I don't know that it's a sure thing Bo would be fired for 7 wins. Especially if he scores style points with close, hard fought games. Something we haven't really seen so far.

I think with all that has already gone on this year 7 wins would mean out the door.

Bo needs to make it back to the B1G Title Game. How many wins that will take depends on chance and how competent our opponents are.

I think we need to go 5 for 5 to get back, personally--unless MSU drops one to Michigan, I don't see them getting another loss (save for the one we'll give them).

I think the only way Bo keeps his job is by making the Big Ten championship game and winning it. Otherwise, he will be 0 for 6 when it comes to conference championships, and that can be a talking point by the AD when he lets Bo go.

I disagree. I think we barely make it to the CCG and get blown out by Ohio State because we do not have the players/talent/scheme/coaching to match Ohio State. We will then win our bowl game and Bo will be back for next season.

I think the only way Bo keeps his job is by making the Big Ten championship game and winning it. Otherwise, he will be 0 for 6 when it comes to conference championships, and that can be a talking point by the AD when he lets Bo go.

I disagree. I think we barely make it to the CCG and get blown out by Ohio State and win our bowl game. Bo will be retained for next season because we do not have the players/talent/scheme/coaching to match Ohio State.

Honestly, tOSU's defense is a sieve. Not as big of one as ours currently is, but it's one nevertheless.

A Nebraska/tOSU title game could degenerate into a 50-49 track meet type of game easily.

I don't think it will be a matter of Bo being fired-I think Bo is ready to leave on his own. It's sad because when he came it seemed like such a good fit but I think he's had it. I could be wrong but he just looks beat to me.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. If Bo isn't here next season, I have a feeling it will be a mutual parting of ways where Bo will resign rather than be fired. Right now, it appears the deck is stacked against him. Between the poor defensive performances and the fbomb tirade tape, he just can't seem to catch a break. Now, we throw in his brother's situation as icing on the cake. If the team cashes in the season from here on out, we'll have a pretty good idea where Bo's head is right now.

Where's he going to go? If he resigns, the obligations of the university to fullfill the remainder of his contract are voided. Which means he's going to have to go to an equal or higher paid position, and he's already a top 20 paid coach? He's not going to walk away from millions of dollars to take up the FAU gig, and he certainly isn't going to land one of the 4 or 5 openings that would put him in that top 20 pay. Maybe he goes to Baylor and eats 500k/year? I don't know...I'd say if Bo goes...he goes down in flames so the university is on the hook for the difference. Or some settlement is reached. But depending on how this season plays out, I can't see Bo landing a job anything near Nebraska.

To follow up - here at the possible openings where the current coach is paid within striking distance of Bo...

Texas: 5.4 mil

Iowa: 3.8 mil

TCU: 3.5 mil

Georgia: 3 mil

Kansas: 2.5 mil

USC: 2.5 mil

Louisville: 2.5 mil

Baylor: 2.2 mil

K-State: 2.2 mil

Boise: 2 mill

NC State: 1.9 mil

I could see him ending up at Louisville or Baylor. Neither at the level of Nebraska.

I don't think the number of wins matters as much as

Will Kain Colter or Venric Mark play Saturday? I don't know.

What time is kick off? I don't know

Who are the common opponents with Northwestern? I don't know

Will Nebraska win? I really don't care.

I have been a rabid fan since 1969 and I flat don't give a rats rip if they win or lose on Saturday and if enough others feel the same way, Pelini will be fired.

To follow up - here at the possible openings where the current coach is paid within striking distance of Bo...

Texas: 5.4 mil

Iowa: 3.8 mil

TCU: 3.5 mil

Georgia: 3 mil

Kansas: 2.5 mil

USC: 2.5 mil

Louisville: 2.5 mil

Baylor: 2.2 mil

K-State: 2.2 mil

Boise: 2 mill

NC State: 1.9 mil

I could see him ending up at Louisville or Baylor. Neither at the level of Nebraska.

IMO...Art Briles isn't going anywhere.

Kirk Ferentz isn't going anywhere if Iowa makes a bowl, which they will. Barely.

Richt isn't going anywhere unless someone outbids Georgia for his services. While both possible and plausible, I wouldn't bet on it happening.

I do agree with you that I could see Bo show up at a mid-major school like Louisville, or even a K-State for that matter (which would be ironic, yes?)

I said at the beginning of the year, that anything less than his self-attained status quo of 9+ wins and he'll probably lose his job. With that said, anything more than two more losses leaves no room for a 9+win season. Hence, the home games against NW, Mich St, and Iowa are 100% must wins, since I'm pretty much conceding the trips to Ann Arbor and St College as L's. We cant emotionally handle a simple trip to Minnesota this year so them two teams-who feel as though they lost to us last year for the wrong reasons-will probably pile drive us into the ground.

This opinion is open to change pending this Saturday's performance of course, but I'm not expecting to god-awful much.

Ok I found what goals TO set for Bill Callahan http://espn.go.com/n...tory?id=3125379

I doubt that much has changed on the goals a Nebraska football coach must make to keep his job

Osborne said he never asked Callahan to fire Cosgrove or any other assistants in order to save his own job.

"The head coach is responsible for the defense and kicking game and the whole deal," Osborne said. "That's why you're the head coach. You're responsible for hiring those people, so I was not going to tell Bill Callahan who he had to keep and who he had to let go. Bill Callahan is where the buck stops."

When the Huskers were 4-4, Osborne said, he told Callahan that if the team finished 8-4, there would be no coaching change and that if he won three of the last four games "we can maybe make it work."

"If it's two out of four, it's going to be pretty tough because now you're break-even, and we haven't had many break-even seasons around here," Osborne said he told Callahan. "And if we have a losing season, there isn't any way this will work. The parameters were pretty clearly spelled out."

So 8-4 is the goal 7-5 maybe you stay under a few condition's.