How many wins does Bo need to keep his job?

I believe at this point that IF we win out and then play a very close Big Ten Championship he MIGHT get another year if we win a bowl game, lose the bowl game and he's done. If he loses one more game by more than 10 points and it's "Happy Trails to Bo" Sunday or Monday after. I believe that the boosters and deep pocket Alumni are tired of being part of a also ran team image. At the very least only loosing to Michigan away by less than 10 but winning everything else including Big Ten and a bowl and he got a 50/50 chance of staying.

Considering Minnesota has already beaten Northwestern and we have them remaining on our schedule, it's obvious they can. Wasn't Northwestern still ranked when Minnesota beat them? We were ranked when Minnesota beat us. Minnesota is bowl eligible right? Minnesota isn't a great team, but they aren't the dumpster fire everyone is making them out to be. They just happen to be the one team we lost to this season we should have beaten much like every other year Bo has been here. I just don't see anymore than one possibly two more losses this season. If we fire another nine win coach, we deserve exactly what we get. Unless we clone either TO or Bill Snyder, I don't see a silver bullet out there. It's going to take more time.

Good post. There are a lot of good points in here that some don't want to recognize. When we say this isn't the 90's anymore, this is part of what is being referred to. We talk about all the changes in college football over the past 20 years and what they were designed to do. They were designed so the Minnesota's....and even FBS schools for that matter......could compete and compete well. Like the post from Mavric referred to in another thread, Pelini is one of 4 or 5 coaches to win 9 games or more in each of his seasons. Why are there only 4 or 5 coaches who have done it? Because it ain't easy. Period.

This conversation shouldn't be happening with this schedule. I pointed at 2013 along with many other since 2010 as our chance to make a natty run. The schedule is horrendous and the B1G is awful. It's just too bad we fell down like the rest of the B1G. Ohio state can run through undefeated again, but they are going to get curb stomped in their bowl.

This conversation shouldn't be happening with this schedule5. I pointed at 2013 along with many other since 2010 as our chance to make a natty run. The schedule is horrendous and the B1G is awful. It's just too bad we fell down like the rest of the B1G. Ohio state can run through undefeated again, but they are going to get curb stomped in their bowl.

Then where does that put us in the big picture? If we lose 2 or 3 of the last 5 games which is very possible unless we find players to stop the run. I mention players only because BO is not going to change his way of coaching or his system.

Another bad loss should do the trick. He will keep his job unless this happens. NW is beat up and Mark plus 2 other rb's are out as long as their starting de. This should be a win, however if the wheels fall off and we lose, Pelini should get the boot as people will look at is as " We couldn't beat Minny and now we can't beat NW who is beat to hell and 0-4 in conference play." Win out he keeps it, drop this one to NW he is gone.

I think this game is a must win for him to keep his job. My guess he has been told that to. Many people are done, some of the main boosters are making comments. His main sponsor, is waivering and has been since the UCLA game. I have not heard from him since the Minnesota game. That to me is not a good sign.

I said at the beginning of the year, that anything less than his self-attained status quo of 9+ wins and he'll probably lose his job. With that said, anything more than two more losses leaves no room for a 9+win season. Hence, the home games against NW, Mich St, and Iowa are 100% must wins, since I'm pretty much conceding the trips to Ann Arbor and St College as L's. We cant emotionally handle a simple trip to Minnesota this year so them two teams-who feel as though they lost to us last year for the wrong reasons-will probably pile drive us into the ground.

This opinion is open to change pending this Saturday's performance of course, but I'm not expecting to god-awful much.

I wouldn't concede the PSU game. Granted it's in College Station but that's a quite beatable team. Their D lacks depth, won't hold-up in the second-half if we keep taking it to them. Their O will get points but Hackenberg isn't a runner, that should help. Hopefully we have it more together and are looking to close strong. Of course we could also be in lame duck mode by that point too.

I said at the beginning of the year, that anything less than his self-attained status quo of 9+ wins and he'll probably lose his job. With that said, anything more than two more losses leaves no room for a 9+win season. Hence, the home games against NW, Mich St, and Iowa are 100% must wins, since I'm pretty much conceding the trips to Ann Arbor and St College as L's. We cant emotionally handle a simple trip to Minnesota this year so them two teams-who feel as though they lost to us last year for the wrong reasons-will probably pile drive us into the ground.

This opinion is open to change pending this Saturday's performance of course, but I'm not expecting to god-awful much.

I wouldn't concede the PSU game. Granted it's in College Station but that's a quite beatable team. Their D lacks depth, won't hold-up in the second-half if we keep taking it to them. Their O will get points but Hackenberg isn't a runner, that should help. Hopefully we have it more together and are looking to close strong. Of course we could also be in lame duck mode by that point too.

When did Penn State move to Texas? :P Unfortunatly all of those reasons that you give for an NU victory in Happy Valley, could and were said about Minnesota too.

• 4 weeks later...