Will Scott Frost Be Nebraska’s Kliff Kingsbury?

Tressel has too much baggage

Frost has too little experience

Johnson is cinsistently moderate, not unlike Bo , with a less impressive record

Its funny though, I was actualy picturing to myself today Bo at GaTech

That show clause would be the perfect thing for Frost though. He'd have the first 5-6 games as head coach with little pressure. Then Tressel gets back and stays for a few years showing him first hand how to run a complete team. Recruiting between Tressel's Ohio roots and Frost's young players coach type approach would be nothing but positives.

That is funny! I can see that. If we do part ways, he will do alright. GaTech or somewhere in Conf USA. Somewhere with less media, more sports in the state, and a team that can fly under the radar. Less pressure. I think he would do great in that scenario.

. He knows the Husker way.

Some with firsthand knowledge of the situation when he was offered the Co-OC job here would argue with you here.

That's all that you focused on? I said other things too. LOL :dumdum

Bo's resume at the time he was hired was clearly better than Frost's. Bo has coached with, and consulted with a very impressive list of coaches as well. If you are looking for someone to get us to "the next level" it isn't Frost. The only reason people even think he's a decent candidate is because he played two years here. Do I think he's going to be a good head coach some day? Yes I do. If we chose to make a change this year should he be on our short list? Under no circumstances unless nobody else wants the job. Which I could actually see.

Don't understand how nobody else would want the job. NU is one of about only 20 who can pay a coach 4 million a year. That's what it's all about. Petersen has turned that down, Briles would take it, and same with sweater vest. Seeing what Kingsbury has done at TTU has me curious, but NU is not TTU.

Mike Leach- Al Golden-Butch Lewis-Bobby Petrino-Charlie Strong-Terry Bowden

List of proven coaches that have done well in first year of becoming head coach.

Bobby Petrino has baggage, but in a couple of seasons at Arkansas he had that program competing nationally. He can recruit talent from all levels at all positions.

Mike Leach has an awesome offensive mind, just looking for a school with national prestige in order to prove his brand.

Sample of coaches that would come here in a moments notice with proven stats. If Nebraska wants to get back, then hire someone with proven ability and take the risks involved. Proven winners have all walked some on the gray side of the rules in order to build programs and won.

That show clause would be the perfect thing for Frost though. He'd have the first 5-6 games as head coach with little pressure. Then Tressel gets back and stays for a few years showing him first hand how to run a complete team. Recruiting between Tressel's Ohio roots and Frost's young players coach type approach would be nothing but positives.

Eichorst would have my vote to be the highest paid state employee if he could pull that off. Don't see it as a realistic scenario if a change is made. Which I am starting to believe there won't be one.

Eichorst would have my vote to be the highest paid state employee if he could pull that off. Don't see it as a realistic scenario if a change is made. Which I am starting to believe there won't be one.

In your opinion though, could you see that working?

As I have stated, PJ hasn't coached with money and facilities to lure in better talent across the board. MegaTron did play for him but overall in a state and area (SEC)why would you go to Ga Tech if you could play in the SEC which has won the last 6 or 7 BCS titles? ACC is a basketball conference, not a football conference. Navy won games, and Ga Tech has won games with average talent. I think PJ has proven what he can do with minimal talent. The question would be what he could do with facilities and a brand name of relevance.

Is Husker Nation in need of a gamble or in need of a likely sure thing. Go with the sexy hire over the high risk/potential. The way the fanbase is divided on this keep or fire Bo situation, we need some substance. If we absolutely cannot retain Bo, we need to bring in someone who will attract some recruits, ie. Experience.

How divided is the fanbase on this question? Serious question- not being a smart ass.

HB does not appear significantly divided. This is highly unscientific (just my perception of the posts I've read), and I am somewhat biased on the subject myself, but I'd say it is running about 4 or 5 to 1 against Bo wanting to be retained. But HB possibly might not represent the larger picture that I am not seeing living outside of Nebraska. Anybody got any LJS or OWH polls to link or point me towards?

And just to be clear on my position (as if I haven't been) "if we absolutely cannot retain Bo" is not how I look at it at all. It is much more like "do we want him to stay".

With Urban Meyer in Ohio, Tressels won't get any one with 4 or 5 star ability. The ones who don't go Buckeyes, will go Sparty or Badger or Nittany Lion. Honestly, people, Tressel won't recruit well anywhere back East. He might break some barriers in Texas and continue to get some Sunny California kids, but not Ohio kids. Briles has done well, but Texas and OU are not the dominant teams they were once either. The next coach at Texas, and with A@M getting back, lets see if Briles can continue his success. I don't think so. He is recruiting Houston players, and getting some steals in state, other wise he has no proven track record in recruiting nationally.

Think about that. Texas and OU aren't blowing away teams in the Big 12, and showing some signs of falling into mediocre ville. Once they get revived once again, will Baylor keep getting those players?

In a case where we think we have this coach like Frost who is going to be the next big thing, I see it working better than just throwing him to the wolves. He'd be completely set up to fail here if he was handed the job. It would take some of the risk away. But again, Eichorst would have to do one hell of a job pitching this idea to both of them and signing them to contracts.

In a case where we think we have this coach like Frost who is going to be the next big thing, I see it working better than just throwing him to the wolves. He'd be completely set up to fail here if he was handed the job. It would take some of the risk away. But again, Eichorst would have to do one hell of a job pitching this idea to both of them and signing them to contracts.

Hypothetically speaking if this were to happen, how would NU have to negotiate the NCAA's "show cause" order against Tressel in order to avoid incurring any other penalties? What exactly would NU have to say or show?

And paying each of them market value as head coach.

Hey everyone, Alabama, Auburn, LSU have won the past few NC's, not these sexy high scoring teams with no defense and no really evidence of playing a smash mouth game in the trenches. Football games are still won by being the more physical team who can run the ball. The other teams sell tickets and score in bunches, but don't win titles yet or in my opinion will ever. November in this region isn't meant for spread offense and 5 wide outs running pass patterns. Got to win the Big 10 title before we ever consider winning a NC again. That means putting teams on the field who can go to Ohio, Michigan or Rutgers when its in the sub 40's and just above Freezing.