Will Scott Frost Be Nebraska’s Kliff Kingsbury?

Hey everyone, Alabama, Auburn, LSU have won the past few NC's, not these sexy high scoring teams with no defense and no really evidence of playing a smash mouth game in the trenches. Football games are still won by being the more physical team who can run the ball. The other teams sell tickets and score in bunches, but don't win titles yet or in my opinion will ever. November in this region isn't meant for spread offense and 5 wide outs running pass patterns. Got to win the Big 10 title before we ever consider winning a NC again. That means putting teams on the field who can go to Ohio, Michigan or Rutgers when its in the sub 40's and just above Freezing.

Not a single name mentioned in any thread save Mike Leach that anyone has thrown out runs out of five wide sets.

SEC- has won the last several NC titles with power run games and defense. The sexy offenses haven't. Playing in the midwest near the Great lakes regions I don't think the 5 wideouts and spread offense would ever fly for a whole season. We need to win the Big Ten title before we ever get any where close to playing for a National title.

SEC- has won the last several NC titles with power run games and defense. The sexy offenses haven't. Playing in the midwest near the Great lakes regions I don't think the 5 wideouts and spread offense would ever fly for a whole season. We need to win the Big Ten title before we ever get any where close to playing for a National title.

The SEC has won the last MNCs because the media helped them or the refs. Alabama never should have played in 2 of them and Oregon got screwed by the refs on the Dywer run.

Bad Example, but also a good one. NO the 5 wide might be a stretch, but these offenses are designed to out quick and out run based on hard lined cuts and misdirection thru speed. All of these offenses are spread and speed option teams. Ever ran on a frozen field and tried to cutt back hard or slash? Slip and fall. Ball in the air is much more like a rock than an aired up piece of pigskin in the winter. Just saying, power run teams who can play defense and control the game win more often than not. Speed option, spread teams aren't consistent enough when the games get slowed down and when they are physically getting overpowered for a whole game.

Is Husker Nation in need of a gamble or in need of a likely sure thing. Go with the sexy hire over the high risk/potential. The way the fanbase is divided on this keep or fire Bo situation, we need some substance. If we absolutely cannot retain Bo, we need to bring in someone who will attract some recruits, ie. Experience.

How divided is the fanbase on this question? Serious question- not being a smart ass.

HB does not appear significantly divided. This is highly unscientific (just my perception of the posts I've read), and I am somewhat biased on the subject myself, but I'd say it is running about 4 or 5 to 1 against Bo wanting to be retained. But HB possibly might not represent the larger picture that I am not seeing living outside of Nebraska. Anybody got any LJS or OWH polls to link or point me towards?

And just to be clear on my position (as if I haven't been) "if we absolutely cannot retain Bo" is not how I look at it at all. It is much more like "do we want him to stay".

Honestly right now its probably 4-1 here on the board. Whole fanbase its probably 3-2. Maybe that will change maybe not. Id just rather us see how the season plays out before we relieve Bo and take another gamble on a rookie coach.

With Urban Meyer in Ohio, Tressels won't get any one with 4 or 5 star ability. The ones who don't go Buckeyes, will go Sparty or Badger or Nittany Lion. Honestly, people, Tressel won't recruit well anywhere back East. He might break some barriers in Texas and continue to get some Sunny California kids, but not Ohio kids. Briles has done well, but Texas and OU are not the dominant teams they were once either. The next coach at Texas, and with A@M getting back, lets see if Briles can continue his success. I don't think so. He is recruiting Houston players, and getting some steals in state, other wise he has no proven track record in recruiting nationally.

Think about that. Texas and OU aren't blowing away teams in the Big 12, and showing some signs of falling into mediocre ville. Once they get revived once again, will Baylor keep getting those players?

Tressel has been around Ohio far longer then Urban and I imagine has some good ties. On top of that, he would probably bring in assistants that have coached with him before and also have ties to the region. If you haven't noticed, Urban has been pulling kids in from the South and Northeast because of his ties while at UF.

Landlord, I get what you are getting at, but I was speaking to the overall general message of those who want to hire Scott Frost and thought that hiring Bo was a bad idea because he lacked coaching experience: Nebraska shouldn't be a training ground for coaches.

If you operate under that assumption, Scott Frost shouldn't even be considered to be a head coach here should Pelini be let go. It's a contradiction and hypocritical.

• Fire 1

Landlord, I get what you are getting at, but I was speaking to the overall general message of those who want to hire Scott Frost and thought that hiring Bo was a bad idea because he lacked coaching experience: Nebraska shouldn't be a training ground for coaches.

If you operate under that assumption, Scott Frost shouldn't even be considered to be a head coach here should Pelini be let go. It's a contradiction and hypocritical.

I didn't think Bo was a bad idea, I thought Bo's idea of making this place a training ground for his buddies was a bad idea. If that's all that Frost would do, I wouldn't be interested. Those are the kinds of things that need to be discussed during the interviewing process. It's a process, and they need to execute the process.

I didn't think Bo was a bad idea, I thought Bo's idea of making this place a training ground for his buddies was a bad idea. If that's all that Frost would do, I wouldn't be interested. Those are the kinds of things that need to be discussed during the interviewing process. It's a process, and they need to execute the process.

I got ya.

I think I see what Bo wanted to do when he hired people he was familiar with. Familiarity takes away the necessity to learn how this person responds to this or how this person operates. It makes it easier to interact and work with them. But at the same time, familiarity doesn't always breed success.

If Bo was willing to get rid of his friends on his coaching staff (i.e. Papuchis), would we be willing to give him a couple more years?

If Bo was willing to get rid of his friends on his coaching staff (i.e. Papuchis), would we be willing to give him a couple more years?

Personally, I think we're past that. Like I said before, he had his chances and blew it - he's coaching for his job right now. If he does survive this season, I think it's a forgone conclusion that is what's going to have to happen.

We can't end in catastrophe and give him yet another chance to bring in a solid coaching staff.

Personally, I think we're past that. Like I said before, he had his chances and blew it - he's coaching for his job right now. If he does survive this season, I think it's a forgone conclusion that is what's going to have to happen.

We can't end in catastrophe and give him yet another chance to bring in a solid coaching staff.

When Beck and Pap were promoted I said that from then on the team's performance was on Pelini and no one else. Not Taylor, not the coords, not the AD. He had a chance to make wholesale changes, and this is where his decisions have brought the program.

I'm also aware that fan opinion--at least at the non-booster level--doesn't mean much. If Pelini can get to nine wins again he may very well get one more chance to put together a real staff. But frankly I don't know how much good it would do. You have to think that for someone who preaches consistency, to have to make so many "identity" changes over six seasons takes some of the air out of your credibility with the team.

I think changes are inevitable. Winning out is not impossible, but we wouldn't be exaggerating too much using that word. Our run defense is unbelievably terrible, and this was the point in the season I was hoping we would just start to see the blackshirts flex some muscle. Not to be. If you can't stop the run don't expect to win many ballgames. And with the schedule toughinening and everything else surrounding the Pelini tenure, there are a lot of good reasons to think he may not be employed at Nebraska much longer and not many good reasons to think he's going to contribute anything to the trophy case anytime soon.

You do realize that Auburn and Florida run a lot of the misdirection and zone reads with zone blocking schemes that you are dogging on right?