Ever think Martinez is the problem

All three quarterbacks played roughly the same type of competition except for UCLA. Wyoming, Southern Miss, Illinois, Purdue are all ranked 92nd or lower in points a game.

TA and RK3 have yet to play a bowl eligible team, and might not do so until Michigan State. Until then, you can't honestly say it's been the same level of competition.

At this point, if TA and RK3 can move the chains, I don't give a rip if we're playing Alabama or an NAIA school.

You're missing the forest for the trees. They only moved the chains because of the level of competition they have faced so far.

Don't care about the forest or the trees.....if they move the chains against the remainder of our opponents, I'm good with it.

All three quarterbacks played roughly the same type of competition except for UCLA. Wyoming, Southern Miss, Illinois, Purdue are all ranked 92nd or lower in points a game.

TA and RK3 have yet to play a bowl eligible team, and might not do so until Michigan State. Until then, you can't honestly say it's been the same level of competition.

At this point, if TA and RK3 can move the chains, I don't give a rip if we're playing Alabama or an NAIA school.

You're missing the forest for the trees. They only moved the chains because of the level of competition they have faced so far.

Don't care about the forest or the trees.....if they move the chains against the remainder of our opponents, I'm good with it.

They won't, because Taylor is not the problem. And when they don't, who are you going to blame?

They won't, because Taylor is not the problem. And when they don't, who are you going to blame?

This goes right back to my first post replying to you. I am so glad you know so much about these QBs, and how your SOO sure that they won't do sh#t. I hope someone pisses in your cheerios tomorrow and we win, then we win out. Like I stated earlier, Taylor isn't the "reason" we lost, but he also is the reason we didn't win. Coaches not pulling him out is why we lost.

The problem is that our offense can't offense, our defense can't defense, and now our Wullenwaber can't Wullenwaber.

In all seriousness, how is this not locked/merged into the other Taylor threads?

I think its that our defense is trying to offense and our offense is trying to special team. Meanwhile our special team is trying to figure out what the fox says. Pure madness!

As likely a theory as any. I doth lol'd. +1 to you, sir.

This goes right back to my first post replying to you. I am so glad you know so much about these QBs, and how your SOO sure that they won't do sh#t. I hope someone pisses in your cheerios tomorrow and we win, then we win out. Like I stated earlier, Taylor isn't the "reason" we lost, but he also is the reason we didn't win. Coaches not pulling him out is why we lost.

I don't think you get it. I want this team to win, badly. If we won out I'd be f'ing ecstatic. I love this team, and wish we had our best player on the field.

I just believe that is Taylor. And will continue to believe it is Taylor until next year, when he is gone and TA is the designated starter. He's not ready yet, and currently he is not as good as Taylor's floor. As of this year: TA consistently overthrows his receivers, has shown he can't throw the deep ball, and isn't half as fast as a relatively healthy Martinez. These are things gat can and hopefully will be improved. For now, I've seen enough to want a relatively healthy Martinez (which is currently not the case) to play.

I hope we win. I really do. But please, keep making assumptions about me as a person and making personal attacks instead of talking about football.

Martinez isn't the problem. He's a piece of the puzzle where we try to jam in the wrong place. In 2010, we were playing lights out for the most part until Marinez got hurt. Things went downhill from there. If Beck had called plays against Minnesota as if Armstrong or Kellogg were out there, we win that game. What I don't know is if Martinez is checking out of plays and getting us into bad situations. If this is the case, then Martinez is a problem and is trying to jam his capabilities into the wrong place. Other than possibly Michigan State, there really isn't anyone in the B1G we shouldn't be able to line up against and ram the ball down their throat. Running the hurry up while doing this seems ill advised. We have three very capable RB's. I just don't think we're utilizing what we do have effectively.

THIS^^^^^ but that is not what this thread is about.

I'm not a Martinez fan, he's got all the tools to be a great college QB, but his football IQ is nill and his personality of being a bit of a loner doesn't give him the intangibles to be the man on a winning team. I've noticed a different/better attitude in the team during the Illinois and Purdue game when Tommy started. I'm very anxious to see what happens today.

Just something about him. Not the throwing ability or the lack of running. Even when he was healthy and putting up big rushing numbers in his frosh and sophmore year. I cant really explain it, just dont see any leadership from him on the field when he should be the leader.

No, don't think so.....the kid appears to be doing the best he can. I would put the blame squarely on the coaches. I'm also a little annoyed by the commie style media that puts out weird propaganda pieces insinuating that Martinez is out due to injury and aren't we lucky to have Armstrong and Kellogg......what a crock. Martinez is in the same shape he was in when we got our butts handed to us by Minnesota and the fact is he hasn't had the same ability he had as a freshman for a long time. It makes me wonder about the potential abilities of the quarterbacks they ran off and if among the players there's a sense of confusion or lack of trust in the staff. Hopefully that's not the case and we can get back to playing ball with everyone on the same page. To answer the OP's question, I think you'd have to say Beck is the problem because of the way he calls plays according to who is in there....you can't put that on the player. Obviously with a depleted WR corps you can't act like we're Oregon, an offense that needs 6 healthy and talented receivers to function,.... take that from a coach who's known for high-flying offenses, Andy Reid, who has enough sense to see what he has and keep his offense mistake free and conservative.

Team responds to TA and RKIII. Just feels different. I found myself cringing everytime Martinez dropped back to pass last week. And on that long completion, his mecanics were terrible. Old throwing motion. Just can't put my finger on what it is. Something deeper going on with this team. It will come out

Team responds to TA and RKIII. Just feels different. I found myself cringing everytime Martinez dropped back to pass last week. And on that long completion, his mecanics were terrible. Old throwing motion. Just can't put my finger on what it is. Something deeper going on with this team. It will come out

I've seen several people say something like this... I have no idea what you are thinking... like they are involved with Carl's coke habit or what? They are playing crappy because the coaches are lost... nothing more to see.