Ever think Martinez is the problem

We're going to take our lumps with a freshman TA in there. Bad decisions. It might not be good enough to win, and the RK/TA switchup is one to monitor. Overall though I don't think Taylor runs a smoother show out there. I dunno. Maybe if he's healthy, but I don't think that's going to be in the cards.

I hope the offense is going to grow in the coming weeks, as TA clearly has a lot of that to do. We saw today what happens to our run game when the defense sells out to stop it constantly. Got to figure a way around that, or more tough games like this to follow. TA is our best QB run threat though. We need him.

Martinez would of had 2 fumbles and a pick or two so it evens out. Beck should of stuck with the running game but we kept trying silly passes.

So you're saying that Armstrong's poor play today is excusable because, speaking purely hypothetically, Taylor might've had a bad game today too?

I don't care if you like Taylor Martinez or not. Statistically speaking, he has played better than Tommy Armstrong this season. Say what you want about how the rest of the team plays with Armstrong out there, it's meaningless if he's giving the ball to the defense, which he did FOUR TIMES today. Maybe he'll come around, and I hope he does, but right now, I'd rather see Kellogg out there.

Tommy runs a fundamentally good show, despite his mistakes, which were killer. With a young QB getting his feet wet but having the poise that he does, we can see the potential for improvement week to week. I don't think we can get around trying to build the offense on a QB running the ball either with these shotgun reads or the option. So Tommy's going to continue to get PT, but I'd like to see Ron continue to be rotated in. We have a good system going here and we can make use of both guys.

The ground game wasn't there for stretches of today and we didn't have that to lean on. That nearly killed us, too. Can't have that keep happening.

Tommy had three turnovers, Ron threw an interception also. Tommy is bad ass running the option, but he makes freshmen mistakes passing. I'm much more forgiving on a redshirt freshmen quarterback than a fifth year senior making the same mistakes. Taylor had a fumble and an interception against Minnesota before you forget.

My apologies, I didn't catch some of the game and thought 95 Redux was referring strictly to Armstrong.

My point doesn't have anything to do with the relative experience of the two. Regardless of that, we have to put a guy on the field who isn't gonna turn the ball over (and it's fair to say that Martinez isn't always that guy either, but he hasn't been as bad this year as some people are claiming). Like I said, I know TA has a lot of time to improve and I hope he does, but accuracy isn't something that improves overnight.

• Fire 1

It's not accuracy that's the issue here. Tommy has game and throws a great ball. But he's green, so mistakes of the boneheaded type are going to happen. Those are decision-making mistakes and you just hope we can live with them enough and that he can overcome them enough over the year. If we didn't need a running QB to be a big part of our offense I'd feel differently, but Tommy's our Kain Colter right now. I don't think they would roll fulltime with RK3.

If the kinks get worked out, look out. Really high ceiling on Armstrong.

Tommy's main problem is the freshman mistake of thinking you have to make something happen every play. Martinez had that problem for a while and with experience learned to just throw it away, take the sack, or run back to the line. Tommy will figure that out. The bigger problem is getting adequate pass protection no matter who is QB and calling pass plays that actually get the receiver open. With a great runner like AA ,you'd think we'd use him more with outlet passes on busted plays.

Who are the guards currently? I saw that we made a switch at center as well, why was that? They were doing a bad, bad, bad job. That drive Kellogg had at the end of the first half, 3 rushers and Kellogg had about a half second before he was going down. That's just unacceptable.

Tommy's main problem is the freshman mistake of thinking you have to make something happen every play. Martinez had that problem for a while and with experience learned to just throw it away, take the sack, or run back to the line. Tommy will figure that out. The bigger problem is getting adequate pass protection no matter who is QB and calling pass plays that actually get the receiver open. With a great runner like AA ,you'd think we'd use him more with outlet passes on busted plays.

Some of it is that, but some of it is recognition. That last interception, he wasn't trying too hard to make a play, he just flat-out misread the zone blitz. He'll get better.

Taylor's pick last week came when we were behind by two scores with very little time left, game was over. He hasn't been throwing the picks this season like he did before. IMO it was a mistake to not give TA a shot last week. He may have provided a spark. It was also a mistake to rule out playing TM this week. He should've been in there after TA's second pick. Reality is that TA has been a pick-machine in his last two starts. Unfortunately RK can't really run so you take out a chunk of the O with him in. So what do you do now?