Ever think Martinez is the problem

The picks were still pretty bad. Tommy felt pressure and stepped up in the pocket (very good), but then delivered the ball when the window had closed on that particular throw (very bad). On another one, he rolled out and had a good amount of space to run. Granted, it was 3rd and a mile, but better take the field position battle than deliver a ball into that kind of traffic. Also very bad. The last one seemed to be the most 'OK' of them, but also the most damaging in result. Horrible pressure in his face right away (no excuse, OL) and he had to get rid of it. Didn't anticipate I believe it was a DE dropping into coverage. Freshman QB beaten by the defensive coordinator there.

I don't remember Kellogg's pick but as I recall, that one was pretty bad too. But TA & RK3 both seem to bounce back without really missing a beat.

But if he doesn't throw the last one, they don't get a field goal, and we settle for OT. NW wins in OT by field goal, and we lose the game.

As it happened, we were forced to march ~20 yards and then the greatest play in years results in a W.

TA won the game with that interception. chuckleshuffle

• Fire 1

It's hard to kick a person while they're down. TM has multiple injuries we really need him 100% because how far can TA/RK3 take us? We don't know. What we do know is when TM is on his game, he can score at any time and has helped lead the team to 2 conference championship games during his career. Something neither TA/RK3 has done but I hope they can if TM doesn't play the rest of the year...

Tommy's the future. Stick with him. Might as well roll with it and let him and the rest of a very young team take their lumps. Gonna be an adventurous last 4 games. Guys got guts though, that's for damn sure.

I didn't get to watch the game. Were his interceptions just off-target throws, bad decisions, or both?

Tommy's the future. Stick with him. Might as well roll with it and let him and the rest of a very young team take their lumps. Gonna be an adventurous last 4 games. Guys got guts though, that's for damn sure.

I didn't get to watch the game. Were his interceptions just off-target throws, bad decisions, or both?

Bad reads. Freshman mistakes.

Bad decisions. Just trying to do too much. All three were instances where he should just throw it away a punt.

Offense moved the ball for the most part. But untimely penalties (mainly bullsh#t, nitpicky blocking fouls, when NW was holding on our edge all god damn day-whatever) and just not finishing drives kept points of the board. Just more stubbing the toe and beating ourselves. Same ole, same ole.

Bad reads. Freshman mistakes.

Well that sucks. Hope he gets his sh#t together. We need someone to step up. From the radio broadcast it sure sounded like our offensive line was sucking badly trying to open up holes for our backs.

this. glad accountability hangs around the board when i need a break to say what i am thinking.

Other than the INT's, TA still looks quite poised under center. I am willing to live with his learning curve for the rest of the year. RKIII seems more than capable too. Up until this year, neither one of these guys saw any real action. The last defense TA played against before this year was 2 years ago in HS. Might just take him a bit to get to true game speed.

I think my point was co.pletely missed. The right or wrong call doesnt matter when it comes to playing Magic last week. All Im saying is that it clear that the reason he played last week is because they were concerned TA would throw a bunch of picks on the road afainst a Gopher team they knew theyd struggle against. He.threw.3 against Purdue. 3 against NW. Who is to say outting TA in wouldnt have.resulted in more picks? Maybe he.would have played hero. Who knows. The.point is its obvious now.why yhey played Taor.

Offensive line had much better pass protection this week than last week, or else Minnesota has a much better pass rush. Either way, Armstrong had more time to be poised.

Still, I'm inclined to agree with Accountability. Let's ride the kid out and enjoy the learning curve together. We still appear to have the four quarters of focus problem, whether it's tm or ta.

All I know, is the defense has been mostly sh#t for 14 1/2 of 16 quarters under Taylor. It's been in lights out shut down mode for about the same amount without. That's not coincidence. It's a full blown pattern. And if you say the qb shouldnt affect the desire and confidence of a defense, then you probably havent played the sport. Players in all phases of the game sense leadership and urgency from their leader. I just dont think Taylor has those attributes, and that's not some fly by night observation in the wake of his sudden absence. It's been a trend that's been discussed for all of his 4 years here. Tommy and Ron both show them qualities. Tommy threw three intereceptions yesterday, one that was supposed to cost us the game, but yet there he was, involved on the sidelines, urging the crowd on as the defense made one last stand. There he was involved as Ron lead us into position.

• Fire 2

Armstrong's last two games: 21-47, 216 yards, 1 TD, 6 INTS. You want that going into Michigan? I suppose it is just a coincidence that the teams Armstrong has started against are some of the worst in Division 1A and a Division IAA team? Purdue? HA! Illinois? Hasn't won a conference game in over 2 calendar years. NW? Lost what... 4 or 5 in a row now?

Look, I'm not trying to tear the kid down, I'm confident he'll get better. But he is not the best QB on the team right now. Let's not let a hail mary completion to win the game cloud the fact that this offense was brutally bad yesterday (outside of Ameer). The defense played well, against a one-dimensional MASH unit of an offense. We'll see how they do against an offense that has a pulse. In spite of yesterday's performance against MSU, Michigan does have a decent offense, and they are far better at home than on the road.

• Fire 2

Armstrong's last two games: 21-47, 216 yards, 1 TD, 6 INTS. You want that going into Michigan? I suppose it is just a coincidence that the teams Armstrong has started against are some of the worst in Division 1A and a Division IAA team? Purdue? HA! Illinois? Hasn't won a conference game in over 2 calendar years. NW? Lost what... 4 or 5 in a row now?

Look, I'm not trying to tear the kid down, I'm confident he'll get better. But he is not the best QB on the team right now. Let's not let a hail mary completion to win the game cloud the fact that this offense was brutally bad yesterday (outside of Ameer). The defense played well, against a one-dimensional MASH unit of an offense. We'll see how they do against an offense that has a pulse. In spite of yesterday's performance against MSU, Michigan does have a decent offense, and they are far better at home than on the road.

At least somebody brought this up. I'm as happy as ever, but there is a completely different reaction if what should have happened, happened. (didn't win) Michigan's loss to MSU will also be clouded because of their performance. It was 25 degrees with precipitation and the best defense in college football. If we are going to win in Ann Arbor we would need to score 50. I'm glad the D stepped up and played like they should have, but there were also factors as to the beat up NW offense. It's undoubtedly true that this will be a long rest of the year and unfortunately Michigan will start that off next week.