Ever think Martinez is the problem

Right. A game where he turned it over one time. Got it.

I'll definitely be curious to see who the universal scapegoat is next year. You know, other than the media.

Do you honestly believe that the media hasn't just been pouring gasoline on this whole dumpster fire? I mean since you obviously think all they are is a scapegoat. They didn't necessarily start the fire but they've certainly been fueling it (insert Billy Joel reference here).

I think in this country, we've created a boogeyman out of "the media", not just at the local level. As it related to Nebraska football, we've decided that all of our problems pertain to how "the media" handles and covers the program. Some folks think they are supposed to lob softball questions at Pelini and only write fluff pieces. If you want that, read the Nside blog or listen to Sports Nightly. If you can point out something that "the media" reported that is factually inaccurate, then maybe you have a point. But when "the media" writes an article that compiles or cites unfavorable (but true) statistics about the program, that isn't being unfair. That's called reporting. Do I always agree with the take home point of the articles? No, but that doesn't necessarily make the content inaccurate. I agree that Pelini doesn't have a good relationship with most of the local media, though the blame for that is at least 50% his own.

If "the media" poured the gasoline, Bo lit the match.

I get what you're saying and I don't think "the media" is reporting false information. The problem is they aren't reporting entirely factual information either. How many countless articles were written out of pure speculation on Bo's job status before and after the Iowa game? Did any of them think Bo had any chance at keeping his job? How many positive articles are written about Bo and the team? I'm struggling to really think of any since pre-season. I know it's more of difficult topic to write on when there's so many more negative things to write about than positive and negativity is what sells, but when all the media talks about is the negatives and never the positives, that's the only perception some people have. That's what I mean by they are only fueling the fire, but yes, I do agree, Bo did light the match.

It's not the media's job to support Bo or try and run him out of town. The media is an extension of the fan base and a voice for the fan base. Five minutes on this board and or listening to local media and you can see that there are a TON of Husker fans that don't want Bo as the coach here. While I do think some members of the media have gone overboard at times, they are by no means creating or fueling a story that doesn't exist. What they're talking and reporting about is very much the conversation and pulse of Husker nation at the moment, before and after the Iowa game.

Whats really sad is that people are bickering over 2.9 turnovers per game, and willing to accept the 1.25 turnovers per game...

Reading is so hard. Nobody's "willing to accept" the turnovers. The point of this thread is that Martinez is/was the reason Nebraska had the litany of problems it had, from defensive implosions to turnovers to lackluster play. The answer to that was to point out that, in Martinez' absence, those problems continue.

Were Martinez to be the problem, his absence should have meant the problems ended, or began to abate. But they didn't. So that theory is bogus.

Reading's pretty easy, especially since you learn it, starting around kindergarten...

Whats really sad is that people are bickering over 2.9 turnovers per game, and willing to accept the 1.25 turnovers per game...

Reading is so hard. Nobody's "willing to accept" the turnovers. The point of this thread is that Martinez is/was the reason Nebraska had the litany of problems it had, from defensive implosions to turnovers to lackluster play. The answer to that was to point out that, in Martinez' absence, those problems continue.

Were Martinez to be the problem, his absence should have meant the problems ended, or began to abate. But they didn't. So that theory is bogus.

Reading's pretty easy, especially since you learn it, starting around kindergarten...

Then where did you get the idea that anyone was "accepting" 1.25 turnovers per game instead of just noting that it is fewer than 2.9?

It's not the media's job to support Bo or try and run him out of town. The media is an extension of the fan base and a voice for the fan base. Five minutes on this board and or listening to local media and you can see that there are a TON of Husker fans that don't want Bo as the coach here. While I do think some members of the media have gone overboard at times, they are by no means creating or fueling a story that doesn't exist. What they're talking and reporting about is very much the conversation and pulse of Husker nation at the moment, before and after the Iowa game.

Just like Fox news and CNN are a voice for regular people...they make sure to report on things that are important to all of us.

I see extreme differences between Fox News and CNN's coverage of news and local media's coverage of Husker sports. Differences so vast they're hardly comparable.

I've seen very little to complain about in regards to our local media's coverage of the program. Like I said, there's been some embellishment by mostly columnists and the writers in our state. But, it's laughable to think the media has created some firestorm here when it's clear parts of the fan base are mostly responsible for it. Five minutes outside Memorial Stadium Friday would've proven that.

Then where did you get the idea that anyone was "accepting" 1.25 turnovers per game instead of just noting that it is fewer than 2.9?

Next time, i'll make sure I add the :sarcasm

Folks are wound a little too tight...

Just like Fox news and CNN are a voice for regular people...they make sure to report on things that are important to all of us.

I see extreme differences between Fox News and CNN's coverage of news and local media's coverage of Husker sports. Differences so vast they're hardly comparable.

I've seen very little to complain about in regards to our local media's coverage of the program. Like I said, there's been some embellishment by mostly columnists and the writers in our state. But, it's laughable to think the media has created some firestorm here when it's clear parts of the fan base are mostly responsible for it. Five minutes outside Memorial Stadium Friday would've proven that.

My point just totally went right over your head. I was using dramatic irony with my statement.

The entire point WAS to not be comparable and draw a parallel between how the local media is NOT a voice for the fans just like Fox/CNN aren't voices for common people. While you got the part that they weren't related or comparable, you missed the rest.

My bad man.