WR JUCO Robert Lockhart

Is he a 3 for 3 player? Is this more about the past connection or staff wanting a juco wr?

After getting a redshirt injury in Miami for his ACL injury and playing one year at Hinds CC, he is a 3-for-3 guy. I would imagine after missing out on most of the high profile WR targets this year, this staff is looking for a steal with Lockhart.

Rivals says he's a 3-for-2 guy. He didn't redshirt at Miami, he played in two games. Perhaps he could apply for a medical hardship and get another year.

Won't graduate until May.

Is he a 3 for 3 player? Is this more about the past connection or staff wanting a juco wr?

After getting a redshirt injury in Miami for his ACL injury and playing one year at Hinds CC, he is a 3-for-3 guy. I would imagine after missing out on most of the high profile WR targets this year, this staff is looking for a steal with Lockhart.

Rivals says he's a 3-for-2 guy.  He didn't redshirt at Miami, he played in two games.  Perhaps he could apply for a medical hardship and get another year.

Really? I heard he did get a medical redshirt at Miami. Either way, sounds like a commitment might be coming.

Rivals says he's a 3-for-2 guy.  He didn't redshirt at Miami, he played in two games.  Perhaps he could apply for a medical hardship and get another year.

Really? I heard he did get a medical redshirt at Miami. Either way, sounds like a commitment might be coming.

Pretty sure you can't get a medical hardship approved until the end of your eligibility. They might be saying that his likelihood of getting that extra year is high. If he did RS due to the injury, it would count as his standard RS until he gets a hardship approved.

Pretty sure you can't get a medical hardship approved until the end of your eligibility. They might be saying that his likelihood of getting that extra year is high. If he did RS due to the injury, it would count as his standard RS until he gets a hardship approved.

I'm gonna settle this thing. Let's just get ourselves a whole mess of cocktails, get drunk and work this thing out.

Rivals says he's a 3-for-2 guy. He didn't redshirt at Miami, he played in two games. Perhaps he could apply for a medical hardship and get another year.

Now I don't know the technicalities, but that can't be true... Randy Gregory has 3 years to play year only because he already got a medical hardship when he broke his leg at his old school.

Tried to find in the NCAA bylaws if a student had to finish eligibility before he/she can apply for a medical hardship, but could not find it. However, I did find this fun fact about the origins of redshirtin, which appears to have started at UNL. This is not relevant to the conversation, but I thought others might enjoy it:

The first athlete known to extend his eligibility in the modern era of redshirting was Warren Alfson of the University of Nebraska in 1937. Alfson requested that he be allowed to sit out his sophomore season due to the number of experienced players ahead of him. In addition, he had not started college until several years after graduating from high school, and thus felt he needed more preparation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(college_sports)

Now I don't know the technicalities, but that can't be true... Randy Gregory has 3 years to play year only because he already got a medical hardship when he broke his leg at his old school.

I don't think that is right. He played a year then "redshirted" last year because he was injured. Now he has three left to play.

Redshirted one year then four to play, just in a different order than most.

Based on this guide, a student can apply for a medical hardship as early as his/her first year of eligibility. If approved, they would lose one year of eligibility from their five-year clock but still have 4 years to play 4 seasons.

http://grfx.cstv.com...rdships.pdf

From what I heard about Lockhart:

@Miami Year 1, No season (medical hardship)

@Hinds Year 2, Season 1

So, he should be 3-3. I guess if he is 3-2, he may never have applied or was denied for a medical hardship.

Based on this guide, a student can apply for a medical hardship as early as his/her first year of eligibility. If approved, they would lose one year of eligibility from their five-year clock but still have 4 years to play 4 seasons.

[url=http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-2-medical-hardships.pdfFrom]http://grfx.c

From what I heard about Lockhart:

@Miami Year 1, No season (medical hardship)

@Hinds Year 2, Season 1

So, he should be 3-3. I guess if he is 3-2, he may never have applied or was denied for a medical hardship.

2 different things, I am talking about getting a 6th year. You can also apply to have a year not count as a playing year if you have a RS available. It sounds like that is what happened here. If you use your RS and have a major injury during a playing year, you can apply for a 6th year after your eligibility runs out. That is what Fisher thought briefly about doing before opting for medical school.