***Official Northwestern Game Discussion Thread***

i will say this: the game does not suck as much as i thought it would at this point.

tommy armstrong and jordan westerkamp are going to be the team supreme going into the future.

Well, thank goodness for low standards.

WTF is low about the standards of those two players?

Second Quarter Impressions:

• I haven't seen a Nebraska QB run the option as well as Tommy Armstrong since Eric Crouch. He doesn't have Crouch's speed, but I love how patient Tommy is with reading his keys.
  • Tommy also throws a fabulous ball.
  • Now why does Beck switch to RKIII again???
  • The way our defense tackles, Nebraska is very lucky to be down only 21-14 at halftime.
  • Westerkamp is a beast of a wide receiver. He is going to give Quincy Enunwa a run for his money to who has the best hands in our receiving corps.

Things I would like to see in the 2nd half:

1. It's clear to any casual fan that Nebraska's offense has a rhythm and a little mojo when Tommy is in it at QB. It's time for Bo & coaching staff to make the decision and declare Tommy the future for this Nebraska offense. The only way to do that is to keep him in the game, and end this QB rotation.
  2. Find more ways to get Ameer involved into the game plan.
  3. Keep using the speed option until Northwestern proves they can stop it.
  4. There is so many things Beck could do with this offense today. I liked how he was mixing up our Pistol & Shotgun Ace looks in the first quarter. He needs to bring that back in the 2nd half. You can run Inside/Outside Zone, Counter Sweep, QB Keep, Bootleg, Speed Option. Help keep it simple for that O-Line, but drive that defense crazy with similar looks in the backfield.

I'd like to see some more blitzes on sure passing downs in the second half. Even in short yardage.

I like to see more of the option package/PA passes.

Then really show some misdirection even a trick play early to get some momentum. Might as well let it all hang out.

I'd like to see us really control the ball and clock, keep our piss poor tackling defense off the field.

Ya, and when we have run trick plays this year they were trainwrecks. Nickens running a fake-punt and AA throwing a halfback pass in a high wind? Don't we have any good trick plays we can run?

Get that sack and its a punt. Thats not coaching ppl, thats execution

Strength and Conditioning is a part of "coaching"

How did that play have anything to do with S&C?

I tried to respond to the post that said the defensive gem the first series "wasn't coaching"

Please tell me how coaching had anything to do with that ONE play where if we would have made the tackle we get the ball back? Thats execution plain and simple

PO - I'm expressing my observation (and this isn't the first time this season I've notice it as it is repititous ) that our kids are at a disadvantage strength wise in the trenches. And the huffing and puffing has me concerned about their conditioning too.