What did we learn.....

People hate Tim Beck because he calls more than 1 pass play per game.

People hate Beck because he calls dumb pass plays at dumb times, and often tries to get too cute for his own good. He out-thinks himself constantly.

Like constantly going 20+ yards downfield on first down when the option run and outside we're working/available.

That, and with a rookie QB, wouldn't you want to get him on track with higher percentage passes before asking him to unload downfield in a hurry?

Beck has honestly an easy fix to his problems: Keep doing things that work until the opponent figures out how to stop it, then you can try something new.

I know he wants our offense to be creative, but we don't need to be. Abdullah totes the rock at least twice, if we have to pass on 3rd down, great, if not, run it again. You can throw in a play action every so often to keep the d on their toes. That's what we did in the 90s, and honestly, that's what we can reasonably do now.

Interesting tidbit from Brian Rosenthal:

Take this into consideration when discussing Nebraska’s game-winning touchdown drive Saturday to beat Northwestern:

When Jordan Westerkamp hauled in the tipped Hail Mary pass on the game’s final play, Nebraska had five players on the field who’d started the season opener.

Running back Ameer Abdullah, wide receiver Quincy Enunwa and offensive linemen Jeremiah Sirles, Andrew Rodriguez and Cole Pensick.

Two walk-ons, quarterback Ron Kellogg and wide receiver Sam Burtch, were in on the final play. A third, wide receiver Brandon Reilly, was playing earlier in the series.

Heres what I know: Veneric Mark was in uniform yesterday, this wouldn't have even been a game. Face it, perspective what ever you want to name it: 3rd and 4th string running backs gaining 180 yards....not good. Lucky yes, but not good. Small athletic QB(Colter) running at will in the open field making defense look silly tackling air. Yes, there was improvement as the game went on, some need improvement. Not sure which side had the worst play callers, toss up. I would have ran on every down if I was on either teams sideline.....

Fitzgerald outcoached himself with .04 left in game and us having no timeouts. Let them play and I guarantee you the outcome would be different. Thanks Coach. Yes on the 4th and 15 play RK3 was over the l.o.s. by maybe a full yard or just under a full yard!

Being real because even though this was a grreat outcome, the results nearly the same after the Gopher game. Michigan will have more talent that either Minnesota or Northwestern has or had. They will have more team speed than almost any team we have faced except UCLA. They are more physical.

They lost on Saturday......This could get ugly in the Big House......I want the players to do there best, and best results for the players, but this coaching staff gets schooled each and every week. Even in wins, it shows huge faults. I don't mind Bo, but his two Coordinators are outmatched each week. Beck come on, you have a talented option QB in Armstrong, don't throw the ball, run it! I strongly believe that we were the better team yesterday, running the ball was the answer for an easy win. No lets keep throwing it, so we have 4 interceptions and keep NW in the game!

OK, we lose just two more games and Bo' keeps his job.........will this game be the one that fans look back on and say we should have lost it now we are moving ahead with this for one more year. My issue is like I said, don't mind BO, its the coordinators that really need to go. 8-4 do the Coordinators go? 7-5 yes they go with Bo....Worser of the two evils......

I wouldn't praise Michigan too much. Keep in mind they almost lost to Akron and a UConn team that has lost to the likes of Towson, Buffalo, and South Florida

How about this one? Pelini maybe the better option at center.

I concur. Looked like he was doing a good job, and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and can make good line calls.

We're going to need that going to the lion's den of Ann Arbor this week, regardless how weaksauce Michigan is this year.

Interesting stat via Sam McKewon:

28.16: Opponents' third-down conversion rate. That's third nationally. The Wildcats finished 2 of 14, and one of those conversions was a crazy Colter run through half of the Husker defense. It bolsters the argument that if the Huskers blitz on first down and try for the big defensive play, the chances of an opposing offense moving the chains on third down are slim.

I'm sure partly due to us not getting our opponents into third down situations nearly often enough but that's still pretty impressive. Being as we're terrible on first down and pretty good on third down, I think he's spot-on in suggesting that we need to be more aggressive early.

Pretty sure Colter didn't play that game so a huge difference there. Iowa also didn't turn the ball over repeatedly and put their D in tough positions like 1st and goal.

Colter played. He was sacked twice in overtime.

The Hawkeye defense stepped up, with sophomore Drew Ott sacking Wildcat quarterback Kain Colter on first down. Following a 3-yard run by Colter on second down, Iowa kept contain on third-and-8 before freshman cornerback Desmond King had a pass breakup in an attempt intended for Stephen Buckley at the first-down marker. On fourth-and-8, Iowa's front four forced Colter out of the pocket before junior Louis Trinca-Pasat ran him down for a sack on the final play, sending Iowa to its fifth win of the season.

That I need to wait until the final tick to call the game over...

That Kellogg/Armstrong tandem just might work.....

Martinez might be done.....

Defense still bends too much....

Sparty is sharpening the sword......

We can win against Michigan....well...

This team has a future.....

I was in full meltdown mode before the catch.....and then magically came back to life......

I am a complete headcase watching this team play.......

Still love em no matter what the outcomeQ

• Fire 1

Interesting stat via Sam McKewon:

28.16: Opponents' third-down conversion rate. That's third nationally. The Wildcats finished 2 of 14, and one of those conversions was a crazy Colter run through half of the Husker defense. It bolsters the argument that if the Huskers blitz on first down and try for the big defensive play, the chances of an opposing offense moving the chains on third down are slim.

I'm sure partly due to us not getting our opponents into third down situations nearly often enough but that's still pretty impressive. Being as we're terrible on first down and pretty good on third down, I think he's spot-on in suggesting that we need to be more aggressive early.

It ties into how much Bo is scared of giving up the big play. Another good example is when we succesfully blitzed the crap out of Miller in the game in the horseshoe last year until he broke one long run. After that we tried to contain and were taken behind the woodshed again.

As what did I learn from this game? That Bo is still one of if not the luckiest coaches in football. The only one that may be luckier right now is that douche bag Pete Carroll and his band of Shehags. With that said, what a hell of a finish, at least there was one exciting moment this season that will be worth talking about.

I do agree with above post on who Michigan nearly lost too, but consider now that Nebraska has lost too Minnesota, nearly to NW,Wyoming and allowed South Dakota to run at will....not much better, Oh and by the way the Uconn game was at UCONN. Don't want to be a DebbieDowner, but reality is the last .04 of that game was the only positive part. The rest was, very concerning, very concerning to hear your DEF CO say that the players wanted to run BASE Defense after allowing 21 points. Shouldn't your DEF CO know that, or at least maybe try that? Players smarter than coach?

I would like to see what could/would happen if we saw just a basic runnning option game with Armstrong for a complete game. Maximum of 8-10 passes only. I thought Callahan was the only one who passed the ball just to pass the ball. Beck seems the same. YOU can call a pass play before the team leaves the huddle.

Enough of that. Michigan will have very good athletes on both sides of the ball. AT this point of the season however, everyone is banged up some. Egoes in included. To be honest, the line of -7 for Michigan is about right on. That means in alot of ways this is a toss up game and really even. Keys to game are simple: Stop the run, and most likely stop MIchigan. Let them run and then play action passes will kill. Gardner isn't a great QB, but he can scramble and make some things happen with his feet. They do have some really fast receivers and Touissant is a decent back, better than anything that NW brought to town. Honestly, this game is rather even in all areas, even might be mirror images of each other.