Game Ball

Hercules

Obviously, RKIII and Westerkamp are going to receive a ton of votes.

However, the defense deserves major props for shutting Northwestern down in the second half, scoring a defensive TD of their own, and holding Northwestern to a field goal after TA's interception in the final minutes.

Ameer Abdullah also saved the game on a fantastic individual play on the 4th down conversion on the winning drive. If we're going to win games going forward, we're going to have to lean on him even more, in the running game and the passing game.

• Fire 2

The defense was getting worked over by Northwestern's 5th-string RB for most of the game. I wish I could say bright days are ahead, but I don't know how much confidence we can have in that group. This was the easy game of the month. Or at least it was supposed to be. They came up big many, many times in the 2nd half, though, and that's to their credit. Might need more of that if we're to have any hope of running the table.

Ameer is the man! As for the game ball, Westerkamp's probably still holding onto it.

• Fire 2

Defense turned a bit of the corner in the 2nd half. looked more physical and more confident!

Avery Moss should get a game ball.

i was not able to watch the 2nd half, so I am guessing a bit. From what I have read on this board, the D was turned loose and allowed to pressure the QB in the 2nd half. I saw this some in the 2nd quarter. If Bo plays aggressive D, this team can win the remaining games. I think MSU will be the toughest game for us. They have 3 consecutive games without allowing a TD, and our offense is suffering from injuries.

The defense was getting worked over by Northwestern's 5th-string RB for most of the game. I wish I could say bright days are ahead, but I don't know how much confidence we can have in that group. This was the easy game of the month. Or at least it was supposed to be. They came up big many, many times in the 2nd half, though, and that's to their credit. Might need more of that if we're to have any hope of running the table.

Ameer is the man! As for the game ball, Westerkamp's probably still holding onto it.

Take a look at the 1st Qtr stats vs the rest of the game, you might get a different opinion on how well the Blackshirts played today.

Take a look at the 1st Qtr stats vs the rest of the game, you might get a different opinion on how well the Blackshirts played today.

Agree. The defense played about as well as you could hope for the final 40 minutes. Here's the drive chart:

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=333060158

The team should gain some confidence in todays win! That means so much with a young team.

As for gameball, that is a tough one. Ameer made an ubelievable run to gain the first down to give us a chance. The defense had huge stops, especially the one at the goal line at the end! That meant everything. All these things led up to the unreal play by kellogg and westerkamp! Which was unbelievable! That will certainly be the ESPN play of the week or even year!

It was a TEAM EFFORT!!!!!!!

And by most of the game you mean the first and second quarter.

Yeah Zoogies is on the same page now, see his post after.

Stat of the day:

Northwestern O in 1st QTR: 150 yards and 2 TD drives

Northwestern O in 2-4th QTRs: 161 yards and 10 points, all gained off of bad INTs and short field.

The BLACKSHIRTS allowed the team to overcome all of the turnovers.

Edit to the stats, the Blackshirts only gave up a NET of 3 points in the 2-4th QTRs as they scored a TD themselves.