AA=Stud

AA is a stud.

Cross needs to be more productive with the touches he gets. The offense changes in a bad way when AA comes out.

This

Cross came in a couple times and should have had big runs. He just doesn't make that one cut he needs to at the LOS. AA has such great freaking agility, vision, and that last stretch for the first down reminded me of Burkhead and how he would get his pad level so low he could get 2 or 3 extra yards whenever we needed it.

Wish I could remember the thread about how we got left with AA and that he was the third best back behind green and heard. Those Aholes probably have some crow to choke down!

I have said it a million times that I thought he was the 3rd best back coming in. Which you wouldn't have been wrong had you said that either. He has done what he has done through straight hard work. He's earned every carry.

EZ-E: the only one that will admit it. Nice job.

I said that I thought he'd make a better slot or CB than a RB. Mid-2011 season was when I really started to take rivals with a grain of salt. They can't possibly evaluate every kid. While I think they get a decent to good percentage of them right, I don't think that there is much difference anymore between a 3 star 5.7 kid and a 4 star 5.8 kid. I wish they would redo rankings after the kids true freshman year. Our 2012 class is going to be something.

More accolades for AA:

Nebraska running back Ameer Abdullah was selected to the Paul Hornung Honor Roll this week. He shared the honor with Indiana running back Tevin Coleman. The Paul Hornung Award is awarded annually to the most versatile player in major college football. The winner and his family will be honored January 28, 2014, at a banquet presented by KentuckyOne Health at the Galt House Hotel in downtown Louisville.

Abdullah rushed 24 times for 127 yards, and had three receptions for 31 yards. Those three receptions all came on the last drive of the game, including a play in which Abdullah made a reception, then fought off Northwestern tackles to secure a first down to convert the 4th-and-15 play. That play was darned near as amazing as the Hail Mary that ultimately won the game for the Huskers.

Full Article

He's 5th in the country in total rushing yards.

All 4 guys ahead of him have 20-50 more carries than he does.

The only other 1,000 yard rusher with a higher average yards per carry is Melvin Gordon at 8.7 compared to 7.1 for Ameer.

He is 5th in the country with two bye weeks… pretty impressive. Not sure how many ahead of him have had two byes though.