For Better or Worse...NEB is Sticking with Tommy Armstrong

Per an ESPN.com article:

"2. For better or worse, Nebraska is sticking behind quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr.:Pelini didn’t hesitate after the game when asked about his plan at QB as the Huskers move toward Michigan. Nebraska has decidedly moved away from senior Taylor Martinez to Armstrong and Kellogg. " -Mitch Sherman, ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/nebraska/post/_/id/1295/what-we-learned-week-10

What do ya guys thinks!?

I have already made up my mind.

Is Taylor healthy enough to play at Ann Arbor? I didn't think he was healthy enough to play against Minnesota. I just hope that if Bo does play Taylor that he does so very sparingly. We have three young men who can rotate. Why Bo doesn't do that is beyond me.

I have heard on multiple sources...2 of his toes are fractured, one dislocated.......

He shouldn't be playing, period....that type of damage takes months to heal.....plain and simple. I feel really really bad for the guy, but he can't be playing.

It won't really matter who starts at QB if the defense shows up the way it did against Minnesota and the beginning of Northwestern.

If we get the post 1st quarter defense against NW, it will be a good game to watch.

Maybe the NW game was the type of game the D needed to gain it's confidence back. The adjustments made between the coaches and players, the 2nd half defensive performance, goal-line stand.......those type of aspects could light a fire for the defense. I really hope it does. Aaaaaaaaand......NEB is going to need Ankrah to keep stepping up if he is going to start and Randle didn't play that bad in the 2nd half...however, I still think Currry/VV/Collins are all better than Randle.

Speaking of O-Line...any chance we have to pull any redshirt/s to shore up the line for the rest of the year? Chongo? Finnin (is he redshirted?)

Might have to now.....heard Cotton has a sprained MCL.....depending on the damage....could be 1 to 2 weeks.......or months.....sounds like it was minor luckily.

Speaking of O-Line...any chance we have to pull any redshirt/s to shore up the line for the rest of the year? Chongo? Finnin (is he redshirted?)

Might have to now.....heard Cotton has a sprained MCL.....depending on the damage....could be 1 to 2 weeks.......or months.....sounds like it was minor luckily.

This is where you really get iffy if you will. Pulling a RS off of Chongo at this point is a double edged sword. I think Chongo is going to be a good player for us, however I am not convinced that playing a guy in Ann Arbor for his first ever D1 start would be the greatest of ideas.

This is where you really get iffy if you will. Pulling a RS off of Chongo at this point is a double edged sword. I think Chongo is going to be a good player for us, however I am not convinced that playing a guy in Ann Arbor for his first ever D1 start would be the greatest of ideas.

Don't disagree with that

Don't disagree with that

I am always of the opinion that talent has to trump experience at some point. But you would be setting a kid up to fail in this case in my personal opinion.