Need some second string running attack

I am I

AA is a stud. That's been established. But it's been indicated he's got an ankle sprain or injury.

Cross looked great agaisnt lesser comp earlier this yr. But agaisnt quality defense he doesn't have that good first step. Almost dances too much. He needs to be used primarily between tackles and on short ydg., maybe a screen or decoy as well.

I feel Newby is showing his freshmen colors. Not that he's had much of a chance, but there is a wide gap between 1-2-3 string. Still I'd like to see him get some consecutive carries earlier in the game.

TA gives us a good, non fumbling option at QB.

All that said, I feel like we're going to need some change of pace, give guys a rest, make defense react type of productivity in these next couple games. We really really need our Oline to get healed up and we really need a 2nd string presence at RB.

No reason to have AA practice at all this week. Same as last week. I would stick with Cross between the tackles mostly north and south, maybe a zone read here or there. I would really really like to see the option with TA and Newby just to get a glimpse of the future. Newby is just so damn natural at RB. I hope he gets more chances especially if AA is getting too nicked up.

You never know, depending on how far this season goes, we may need AA to be healthy and fresh for a CC game......maybe.

I think what would compliment a guy like Ameer is a guy with a good combination of size and speed. Imani has played well, but everybody and their dog knows what we are doing when he's in because we line up the same and he hits the same hole. He's really not fast enough currently to make the cuts required in our offense in my personal opinion.

The O-Line isn't "sh**ty." It also isn't an upper tier unit, as evidenced by the massive drop off with the Long injury. We don't have depth, and I don't see any 1st teamers in that lineup outside of Spencer.

I respect your dogged support of the team, but we flat out need to improve at that position both in quality and quanity if we want to be a top-5 offense. Losing Moore and Klatch undoubtably set us back, which is unfortunate.

If Moudy is your first guy up, and every season inevitably requires at LEAST one guy to step in for injury and usually more...well...that's not a top unit nationally. Just isn't. Nothing against Mike. But we both see the drop off, and he's the #6 guy.

I think we need to be more creative with the running game but I'm okay with playing Newby AND Frazier more. Something Buffalo did against The 9-0 Kansas City Chiefs today was run the zone read with a fake to the running back, the quarterback ran a little, then passed it to the WR. I think some variation of that could work for us.

The O-Line isn't "sh**ty." It also isn't an upper tier unit, as evidenced by the massive drop off with the Long injury. We don't have depth, and I don't see any 1st teamers in that lineup outside of Spencer.

I respect your dogged support of the team, but we flat out need to improve at that position both in quality and quanity if we want to be a top-5 offense. Losing Moore and Klatch undoubtably set us back, which is unfortunate.

If Moudy is your first guy up, and every season inevitably requires at LEAST one guy to step in for injury and usually more...well...that's not a top unit nationally. Just isn't. Nothing against Mike. But we both see the drop off, and he's the #6 guy.

I am not saying we are elite, but we are far from sh**ty as well.

I am not saying we are elite, but we are far from sh**ty as well.

Nothing there I disagree with E. We lost some guys too, one who is logging substantial time for Florida. (Although apparently he's struggling down there a bit.)

One of the main culprit’s behind Florida’s struggles in pass protection is Moore. Entering the season, he was supposed to help provide depth at multiple positions along the line, but a season-ending injury to Chaz Green forced him to take on a bigger role and he has struggled thus far. His play against Missouri had Florida fans yearning for the days of former Gator Xavier Nixon, which speaks more to how bad Moore was than to how “good” Nixon ever was. Moore was abused by Missouri defensive end Michael Sam, who finished the game with three sacks.

http://isportsweb.co...ine-struggling/

Either way, I'm encouraged and hope for continuing improvement.