Bo-A Class Act to NW Fans

I went over to one of the Northwestern message boards and ran across this thread:

Pellini showed a lot of class

"Ok, that outcome sucked and never should have happened, but I will say that Bo Pellini earned a ton of respect from me today for going out on the field to check on Buckley after the injury. Don't know if I've ever seen another head coach go out to check on an opposing player. That was really exemplary."

Other fans made similar comments (and some jerk from Nebraska made a snide comment about Bo, which was totally ignored!

Even NW fans that aren't particularly fond of Bo, felt that what he did for their player that got hurt was class.

It's worth a read. (There are other threads about the game with Husker fans writing in to congratulate NW on a good game. We know how they feel. We've been Hail Mary'd before too!) I like NW and agree that they could be a natural rival in the future.

http://northwestern....sid=901&style=2

Those kinds of things are what make me hopeful that Bo can turn this season around and stay at Nebraska. He runs a clean program, turns out academically prepared young men and has brought us up out of the toilet when he first came. Can he continue to improve our players in the game of football? That is the question everyone is wondering about-well at least I am.

But...but...I thought because Bo says bad words on the sidelines and gets really heated when stressed that that means he's a bad person and hates people!

You thought wrong.

Yes, I realize you're being sarcastic.

But literally noone has ever said that.

Not here, no, but there's been plenty of statements by fans of other teams, thinking he's a jerk or that he's classless because of his sideline stress.

But...but...I thought because Bo says bad words on the sidelines and gets really heated when stressed that that means he's a bad person and hates people!

You thought wrong.

Yes, I realize you're being sarcastic.

But literally noone has ever said that.

The Big Red Reaction usually has a.couple of callers a week that say that exact sentiment.

The nation outside of Nebraska has no idea how Bo really is as a person. And that includes many Nebraska fans themselves that live outside the state. The coverage of Nebraska is not nearly extensive and bias enough outside the state to show anything about him other than being a dick on the sidelines on a dozen saturday afternoons in the fall.

It was very classy of him and I read on another NW board that he stopped to make a few NW players feel better after how the game ended. Can't remember where I read that or if it's true so take it for what it's worth.

Right in the link to their forum-

Agree. BP showed a lot of concern when Buckley went down and spent most of his post game time with Wildcat players, consoling them. Total class.

The nation outside of Nebraska has no idea how Bo really is as a person. And that includes many Nebraska fans themselves that live outside the state. The coverage of Nebraska is not nearly extensive and bias enough outside the state to show anything about him other than being a dick on the sidelines on a dozen saturday afternoons in the fall.

Their opinion was made during that aTm game and nothing will change it. I don't think he cares, not should we. I care more about the results of the games than how he acts on the sidelines. I didn't really care about the throat slash that Bill did and I don't care about Bo blowing up during the aTm game. Football is an emotional game and sometimes sh#t happens. Usually it's the people that have never participated in any kind of sport in thier life that get all butthurt about it.