Tunnel walk observation

tmfr15

I have been thinking about this for a while, and I realize that I will probably get hammered for this thought, but here goes anyway....

Noticed something about the tunnel walk that I was not really fond of... it has been going on all year. Just wanted to see if there was anybody out there who agreed with me or could see where I was coming from anyways...

The highlights include a few big hits. The Kenny Bell hit at the CCG. I think Gregory's was up there for, correct me if I am wrong, but I am thinking Wyo this year, and then Stanley's hit from the Purdue game.

This thread IS NOT meant to discuss whether the hits were OK or not. Like it or not, the fact is that all three resulted in fouls against Nebraska. Kenny's overturned a TD, Gregory's kept a drive alive, again if I remember correctly, and Stanley's resulted in the ejection of one our best defenders. All of that hurt Nebraska's cause.

Because of that, I would rather they didn't use them in the entrance video. Now, this is all on me. It is my observation and here is why I have this point of view.

Back in the late 90s, Nebraska went down to KSucks and lost to the Wildcats basically because they face masked Crouch and took him to the ground. There was no penalty, which was just crap. Yet KSucks glorified the illegal play in their promotional video. And I told one of my buddies at the time, a KSucks fan, that Nebraska would never stoop so low as to include a penalty in a promotion for the team whether that infraction was called or not.

The legitimacy of the calls not withstanding... should Nebraska include video of fouls in a video?

Yes, b/c they were all legal plays and BS penalties. Its football not tiddlywinks. A facemask however is a penalty and has been for a long time and is not a "football play." Nobody has ever disputed a facemask being legal. However, the hits you mention were all legal IMO and got penalties called on them b/c of a judgement call by a referee. You see these same kind of hits go unflagged many other times throughout games. But, a facemask is a facemask. No judgement about it, just apparently a very poor white hat not watching the QB which was his job or just a closet kitty fan.

Just a related play I'll always remember is when A.J. Klein tried to rip Rex Burkhead's head off then Tyler Legate got the penalty for pushing him away. As for the tunnel walk they just need to work on the video. Forget the computer generated images show some real footage of the stadium and more highlights instead. Make it a little flashier, put in some flames, fireworks, the team Harlem Shake video, just something to add a little life.

I have been thinking about this for a while, and I realize that I will probably get hammered for this thought, but here goes anyway....

Noticed something about the tunnel walk that I was not really fond of... it has been going on all year. Just wanted to see if there was anybody out there who agreed with me or could see where I was coming from anyways...

The highlights include a few big hits. The Kenny Bell hit at the CCG. I think Gregory's was up there for, correct me if I am wrong, but I am thinking Wyo this year, and then Stanley's hit from the Purdue game.

This thread IS NOT meant to discuss whether the hits were OK or not. Like it or not, the fact is that all three resulted in fouls against Nebraska. Kenny's overturned a TD, Gregory's kept a drive alive, again if I remember correctly, and Stanley's resulted in the ejection of one our best defenders. All of that hurt Nebraska's cause.

Because of that, I would rather they didn't use them in the entrance video. Now, this is all on me. It is my observation and here is why I have this point of view.

Back in the late 90s, Nebraska went down to KSucks and lost to the Wildcats basically because they face masked Crouch and took him to the ground. There was no penalty, which was just crap. Yet KSucks glorified the illegal play in their promotional video. And I told one of my buddies at the time, a KSucks fan, that Nebraska would never stoop so low as to include a penalty in a promotion for the team whether that infraction was called or not.

The legitimacy of the calls not withstanding... should Nebraska include video of fouls in a video?

I think they should include music that doesn't suck.

• Fire 2

I'll spot KSUcks their one stupid victory and one stupid facemask that should have been called. We dominated the series, continually embarrassed them and it was/still is glorious.

I'm indifferent about these hits in the video. Haven't been to a game/seen Tunnel Walk since Illinois came to town. I don't like the Tunnel Walk in general. I think they need to hire an experienced and talented professional graphics/video company to create it. In comparison to some other productions I've seen, Nebraska's is pretty mediocre.

Just a related play I'll always remember is when A.J. Klein tried to rip Rex Burkhead's head off then Tyler Legate got the penalty for pushing him away. As for the tunnel walk they just need to work on the video. Forget the computer generated images show some real footage of the stadium and more highlights instead. Make it a little flashier, put in some flames, fireworks, the team Harlem Shake video, just something to add a little life.

A.J. Klein deserved to have his career ended for that garbage.......................that REALLY pissed me off! The refs needed punched for throwing a flag on us for our response.

These types of highlight videos are intended to get the crowd pumped up. I think Husker fans can appreciate good hard football hits that brainlessly got called as penalties. And it is rather telling that KSUx has to resort to using obvious and blatant face mask infractions for highlights. Cut em some slack- they've got nothing else to fill up a highlight reel. Penalties and blunders framed as success, that's all they've got.