DT JUCO Terrell Clinkscales [Kansas State Commit]

Another quote fromk Clinkscales:

Coach Bo, he got a lot going against him. It kind of killed me with his situation, because he rides for his players, he’s got their backs 110 percent... This is a guy who wins 70 percent of his games. He is playing right now with a third-string walk-on quarterback. He’s playing with scout-team O-linemen. What else do you want from the man?

Couldn't defend Bo in a better way than how he put it.

Another quote fromk Clinkscales:

Coach Bo, he got a lot going against him. It kind of killed me with his situation, because he rides for his players, he’s got their backs 110 percent... This is a guy who wins 70 percent of his games. He is playing right now with a third-string walk-on quarterback. He’s playing with scout-team O-linemen. What else do you want from the man?

Couldn't defend Bo in a better way than how he put it.

I get what he is trying to say. But with all due respect, Bo has managed to have the same year for the last 6. It hasn't really mattered whether there was a 1st string QB and original starting 5 on the line.

I wouldn't call it the same year. He's had a much worse year this year than any other year overall. More home losses. Tapegate. Injuries. Blowup on the sideline (first big one since TAMU). I'd say this year he was more embattled than most and I think that's what Clinkscales is getting at.

I was referring to wins and losses, esentially

I will try to find the articles/tweets, I have heard some saying that he is more impressive and will have a bigger impact in his first year than RG44. Six-to-midnight.

One of the analysts on 247 sees all the recruits on the sidelines, he said Clink was the most physically impressive of all the JUCO DT we have brought in the last few years. In my amateur opinion from seeing their videos, he looks the most ready to go out of all of them. Really has great upper body strength, uses his hands extremely well to shed blocks. He is the perfect DT for Bos system, and he knows it. Our dline is going to be awesome. Hell our entire front 7 is going to be amazing. Worth keeping Bo just to land this kid. Between him and Gregory, the coaches have hit a grand slam.

I tried to watch his highlights on Hudl.

Does anyone else have this problem? More importantly, does anyone know of a solution?

hBNwokZ.png

You must be using a Mac. Control click on the video screen in the library and click on Silverlight, then click on the Playback tab and uncheck the second box to disable hardware acceleration.

Here's the help on Hudl: http://public.hudl.c...video-on-a-mac/

Thanks!!

Question for the film guys... How do you view him in comparison to Lamin? I'm not much for evaluating interior DL.

I know a lot were mad we didn't get him. Are they the same type of player? Same caliber? ESPN has Clinkscales ranked higher in their JC rankings(not that it really means anything in the long run, but nice to see they have a high opinion of him).

Same questions in regards to Pelon as well.

I'm really glad this guy decided to come to Nebraska, seeing that picture with him and VV and the fact that VV doesn't dwarf him makes me very excited for him to play here.

You have to carefully choose a DT. Out of all the DTs we recruited last cycle the leading tackler is Ben Bradley with 13 tackles. And if you add Russell, Johnson, Peko, Bradley, and Hooks together they've only started 6 games between of all of them. I do remember hearing one of the recruiting analysts say that Clinkscales is the best JUCO DT they've seen in 3 years.

You have to carefully choose a DT. Out of all the DTs we recruited last cycle the leading tackler is Ben Bradley with 13 tackles. And if you add Russell, Johnson, Peko, Bradley, and Hooks together they've only started 6 games between of all of them. I do remember hearing one of the recruiting analysts say that Clinkscales is the best JUCO DT they've seen in 3 years.

I believe you're referencing McKewon... See post #106.

One thing you've got to remember with DT's is that with some guys, specifically nose tackle types, unless they're very good at block shedding, agile, or otherwise just freaks of nature, sometimes their stat sheets may remain relatively barren. Some of these guys may be your proverbial "space occcupiers" that just serve to soak up a couple blockers and free up ends or backers. I don't recall, but I would think a few of those guys fit that mold.

I think a better metric would be taking a look at some trends for teams that recruit these guys (for the ones that end up making an impact, anyway) and looking at certain things like team run defense, TFL, etc. Obviously, there's a lot of variables there, but if you correlate that with individual statistics, you can find out who was actually a good get and who wasn't.

I believe you're referencing McKewon... See post #106.

One thing you've got to remember with DT's is that with some guys, specifically nose tackle types, unless they're very good at block shedding, agile, or otherwise just freaks of nature, sometimes their stat sheets may remain relatively barren. Some of these guys may be your proverbial "space occcupiers" that just serve to soak up a couple blockers and free up ends or backers. I don't recall, but I would think a few of those guys fit that mold.

I think a better metric would be taking a look at some trends for teams that recruit these guys (for the ones that end up making an impact, anyway) and looking at certain things like team run defense, TFL, etc. Obviously, there's a lot of variables there, but if you correlate that with individual statistics, you can find out who was actually a good get and who wasn't.

Oh yeah I agree. But 6 starts between them? I know some of them have 1 or 2 years left but wow.. That's pretty underwhelming.