DT JUCO Terrell Clinkscales [Kansas State Commit]

Discussion has strayed from Clinkscales to how the staff recruits and now to the thermal capacity of Bo's recliner.

Those discussions have been moved to their own thread. Feel free to continue that discussion here. Let's keep this thread about Clinkscales.

Thank god Mav is around. This thread was turning into a freaking disaster.

• Clinkscales lied to Nebraska coaches about grades received in two classes last semester. It turns out he'd actually failed both of them.
  • Clinkscales still needs over 30 hours between now and August to be able to qualify academically. To put that in perspective, you'd need over 60 hours to get an associate degree.
  • In those 30+ hours, he needs to pass two Algebra classes.
  • Clinkscales did not inform Nebraska coaches prior to announcing his decommitment via Twitter.

So yea, there's a reason Nebraska coaches stopped "showing him the love." Clinkscales was dishonest with the Nebraska coaching staff, and the academic hill he still needs to climb looks like Mt. Everest at this point. Just letting the Kansas State fans know this know, so you're not disappointed and caught off guard this fall.

TL;DR Clinkscales lied about qualifying for the 2014 fall semester, so Nebraska stopped recruiting him.

This is sounding more and more like a full-blown withdrawel of offer.

It really seems like that except for one thing: Clinkscales wouldn't have to decommit via Twitter. So they must have given him some ultimatum or tell him they're going to talk about getting rid of him or something to that effect. Can't quite figure it all out but there must have been one more step in there somewhere.

At least he didn't drag it out and waste a scholarship spot until signing day. And how many levels of algebra are there to need 2 classes still? I'm assuming they build on each other and you can't take one until you pass the other. How likely is it for him to pass two classes if he couldn't do one by now.

It really seems like that except for one thing: Clinkscales wouldn't have to decommit via Twitter. So they must have given him some ultimatum or tell him they're going to talk about getting rid of him or something to that effect. Can't quite figure it all out but there must have been one more step in there somewhere.

Recruits can say whatever they want. Clinkscales decommitting on twitter is a one-sided view - he could have had his schollie pulled or NU's coaches could have been trying hard to keep him onboard. We just don't know.

Recruits can say whatever they want. Clinkscales decommitting on twitter is a one-sided view - he could have had his schollie pulled or NU's coaches could have been trying hard to keep him onboard. We just don't know.

I don't think Papuchis would have tweeted this if we pulled is scholarship:

John Papuchis@CoachJP_NU2m

@bpapuchis: @CoachJP_NU Decided we should start communicating via #twitter only - that fit how I got all my info today #sad

Although, he might have been talking about Bo not telling him that they pulled the scholly. I can see the TWOS slide now...

@bpapuchis: @CoachJP_NU Decided we should start communicating via #twitter only - that fit how I got all my info today #sad

Although, he might have been talking about Bo not telling him that they pulled the scholly. I can see the TWOS slide now...

I think that is JPs wife tweeting that.

"@bpapuchis: @CoachJP_NU Decided we should start communicating via #twitter only - that fit how I got all my info today #sad

I think that is JPs wife tweeting that.

Oh. I should learn twitter better.