Thank You Bo

skersfan

Could this next game be a little bit like the 2010 NU Texas A&M game? That was a low scoring event and a very tough defensive game. Of course we had 16 penalties (two penalties came at the expense of Cotton's sack) and the Aggies only had 2. I am hoping that by it being a home game, NU won't get jobbed by the referees.

Most of you guys are about wins and losses, I never have been. I appreciate the team, the Nebraska way. Win when you can, lose if you must, but play every play to win. We saw that initially with Bo's teams, or at least I felt that way. Recently for me not so much. Today I saw a team that was determined to win. We really did not get lucky calls, balls bouncing the right way as they did last year. We went into the Big House against a major program, beat them at home. They were favored I am sure. I saw the team fight on both sides of the ball. That is all I ever ask for from this team.

I do not think we win next week, but if we fight like we did today, that is all I want. When you do, the wins come.

You could see after that last touchdown drive it seemed, the kids believed they could do it. Hard fought, no breaks, no bounces, just hard nosed football. I like it.

• Fire 2

After Minnie, I was really questioning if Bo was the guy. Sick of the losses and the "system", "execute" etc....... Today, I saw a team that is finally starting to execute and play within his system. Not saying it wasn't without issues, but there is a reason he is making money coaching and I am not. The D might have turned the page. We are young all over. The future, if this continues, looks bright.

At the start of the 2nd half, I was ready for the implosion. It didn't come. If the players who have lived through this, can witness the problems, allow Michicken to score 13 unanswered, and not throw in the towel and get another key stop 2 weeks in a row, my hat is off to them. They have shown strength, resilience and faith in Bo and his system.

Folks will say it was against a down Michicken, BUT we did it with a RS QB, 3 OL starters out, a hurt Bell, no JT, hurt 'Stache, in the Big House, in front of 100,000+ where Hoke was 19-0 AND overcame a muffed punt and -2 in TO's IIRC. This showed poise, balls and Great D coaching. I liked it. Kudos to the kids.

Most of you guys are about wins and losses, I never have been. I appreciate the team, the Nebraska way. Win when you can, lose if you must, but play every play to win. We saw that initially with Bo's teams, or at least I felt that way. Recently for me not so much. Today I saw a team that was determined to win. We really did not get lucky calls, balls bouncing the right way as they did last year. We went into the Big House against a major program, beat them at home. They were favored I am sure. I saw the team fight on both sides of the ball. That is all I ever ask for from this team.

I do not think we win next week, but if we fight like we did today, that is all I want. When you do, the wins come.

You could see after that last touchdown drive it seemed, the kids believed they could do it. Hard fought, no breaks, no bounces, just hard nosed football. I like it.

Good post

I want to be the first to say this, as I normally question their ability. Bo has earned another year, this game shows the improvement of the defense, the drive of the offense. Win or lose, they have shown the kids have bought in. Gregory is a beast. Again, no more questions from me this year on Bo or this team. Winning in the Big house, giving Hoke his first home lost was a major win.

I think the same goes for Papuchis and Beck. I'm proud of this team and this coaching staff.

The offence managed to get things back together in the second half despite Beck doing his usual sabotage job in the first half. This guy needs to get his resume together and I sure hope a miracle pass and a strong 2nd half from TAJ doesn't save his job. T_O_B

• Fire 1

Aside from Kenny Bell being injured, Jamal Turner being out, Tyler Wullenwaber being done, Jordan Westerkamp missing a good chunk of the game, Ameer Abdullah being banged up, and half of our linemen being in dropped fly status, our offense is pretty much at full strength, so I can understand any gripes about their gutty, well-designed, well-executed game-winning performance today.

Couldn't say it better myself.

Hats off to Tim Beck, Ameer, Tommy, and the rest of the men playing their a$$e$ off.

AA and TAJ most certainly. Beck? "You can't be serious!" T_O_B

I hear you OP. These kids are playing their ass off for him. I always said if he could turn it around and not just win but cut down on mistakes I would be happier. It happened yesterday. Lets hope to keeps going because it isn't easy to win when you blitz that much.

I agree, blitzing has its risks.....especially when you have a defense that can tend to give up the big yardage play as we have been guilty of. I think we're seeing some of the coaching mind of Pelini with our blitzes though, as he brings them in different ways at different times. How many different defenders got to the quarterback last week and again this week? Gregory, Moss, Evans, Cooper, Randle, Ankrah.......