Are We All Finally Ready to be all "N" with Armstrong?!?

Throughout Husker Nation the realization that Tommy is by far our most talented QB has been amazingly slow. If you were still in doubt, what say you now after he led he game winning 75-yard TD drive in the hostile environment of the biggest football stadium in the world??! Those of us clamoring for him to dominate snaps since the UCLA game are clearly vindicated. We weren't just a bunch of martians or disloyal rogue NU fans, but rather based the belief on his body of work in big-time Texas HS football.

Pelini finally made a correct pivotal decision and it may have saved his job. Sticking to the script of playing RKIII the entire second quarter when TA was clearly the hot hand was painful to watch, killing all our momentum and almost costing us the game. Fortunately he made the right decision in the second half and we walked away with a huge W and avoided wasting an awesome game by the Blackshirts.

I agree with the poster on the other TA thread that he's not quite right on the QB runs and it is probably a small remnant of his knee injury. The plus side of that is his best is obviously yet to come, and doing what he did today takes nerves of steel. He just oozed the "it" factor that sets the tone for the entire team. No other QB on our roster makes that pitch play for the TD, or leads that game winning drive.

EDIT: This is not a Taylor Martinez thread. This thread is based on the assumption that TM is not 100% until the bowl game.

Throughout Husker Nation the realization that Tommy is by far our most talented QB has been amazingly slow. If you were still in doubt, what say you now after he led he game winning 75-yard TD drive in the hostile environment of the biggest football stadium in the world??! Those of us clamoring for him to dominate snaps since the UCLA game are clearly vindicated. We weren't just a bunch of martians or disloyal rogue NU fans, but rather based the belief on his body of work in big-time Texas HS football.

Pelini finally made a correct pivotal decision and it may have saved his job. Sticking to the script of playing RKIII the entire second quarter when TA was clearly the hot hand was painful to watch, killing all our momentum and almost costing us the game. Fortunately he made the right decision in the second half and we walked away with a huge W and avoided wasting an awesome game by the Blackshirts.

I agree with the poster on the other TA thread that he's not quite right on the QB runs and it is probably a small remnant of his knee injury. The plus side of that is his best is obviously yet to come, and doing what he did today takes nerves of steel. He just oozed the "it" factor that sets the tone for the entire team. No other QB on our roster makes that pitch play for the TD, or leads that game winning drive.

Yeah, so never mind Taylor's final drive against Michigan State (2012) or against Ohio State in 2011 or Wisconsin in 2012. Those were just all flukes, right?

Tommy is going to be a good QB for us. There is no doubt about it. But he's rough around the edges still. I'd be more comfortable with a 100% Taylor than a 100% Tommy. And there's nothing wrong with that.

• Fire 4

The stuff that Martinez did for this team last year, you could probably count on your fingers the number of QBs that could produce the same results (Manziel, Mariota, Miller to name 3). But I don't think he's going to get to 100% healthy the rest of the year. Add that we're missing over half of our OL starters and it might be better to just stay with Armstrong.

Watch the MSU game from last year. What he did to that Spartan defense that day was something no other QB did all year. He did produce some hair ripping mistakes that game, but we also don't win that one or really the rest of the games after OSU without Martinez.

Bottom line, if you could guarantee we'd be getting the Martinez from last year if he comes back this year, then he needs to play. But if he can't, he needs to sit.

• Fire 3

Yeah, so never mind Taylor's final drive against Michigan State (2012) or against Ohio State in 2011 or Wisconsin in 2012. Those were just all flukes, right?

Tommy is going to be a good QB for us. There is no doubt about it. But he's rough around the edges still. I'd be more comfortable with a 100% Taylor than a 100% Tommy. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm feeling more confident in TA as heir apparent for next year. Martinez is still our starter if he's healthy enough.

TA makes too many bad decisions to be the guy this year over a mostly healthy Martinez.

Winning a game in East Lansing is not even close to being on par with winning at Ann Arbor, especially when the "heroics" followed a 3 int performance.

Our first two years in the Big 10 we played at Madison, Columbus, and Ann Arbor and were routed by an average of 31 points.

This thread is about moving on, not dwelling (or should we say clinging) to the past.

• Fire 1

Winning a game in East Lansing is not even close to being on par with winning at Ann Arbor, especially when the "heroics" followed a 3 int performance.

Our first two years in the Big 10 we played at Madison, Columbus, and Ann Arbor and were routed by an average of 31 points.

This thread is about moving on, not dwelling (or should we say clinging) to the past.

Of course winning in East Lansing is not close to winning in Ann Arbor, but until that last drive Armstrong had done very little on offense. He didn't reach 100 yards passing until that drive.

Martinez threw 3 picks that game, but he also had 2 passing TDs ran for over 200 yards and had just about 150 yards passing. On those 3 picks, the first one looked bad, but he got hit right as he was throwing it. The second one was trying to get some yards right before half (don't think MSU scored on the ensuing drive) and the last one was a great play/great read by Dennard.

Guarantee Martinez from last year, and I'd pick him to start, but I don't think Martinez will be healthy enough to be the same guy.

With Taylor having 2 broken toes (not turf toe), something with his off shoulder, hippointer, and abdominal strain, we better be all in with Tommy, cuz he's our guy from here on out. The Taylor era is over. And I know I'm gonna catch hell for this again, but i'm gonna stand by this. Tommy's presence on the field continues to inspire the whole team. There's just something there. Leadership? I dont know. But he's bringing some sort of intangible to the table that Taylor couldnt offer this season. It's not coincidental anymore that all phases seem to play with a bit more attitude and swagger with Tommy at the helm. It's a straight up pattern. We can talk about the offense's issues all we want, but let's just call it what it is. Outside of Ameer, it's our 2nd string O. And they battled and made due today in front of 110,000 opposing fans and put together the one drive when we had to.

I appreciate everything Taylor has done. I really do. And I know some will try to paint me as a sudden Taylor-hater which I'm not. But i'm just calling it as I see. He's just not the best qb on the team anymore if he's not absolutely, completely 100%. And the fact of the matter is, he's not gonna be this year. Tommy took a huge step this afternoon. A huge stride. I just dont see how the chemistry and confidence and continuity of this team can be disrupted at any point anymore. It's time to roll with it.

• Fire 7