Are We All Finally Ready to be all "N" with Armstrong?!?

Wow, that's some serious butthurt. It was a joke, settle down. Take your meds.

It's fine to disagree but it's the way you are doing it as evidenced by this post. Your baiting folks and should stop.

I agree that TA is the leader the team seems to most want to follow, and that is a big deal in a game of motivation and emotion. May not extend to the punter, but I can definitely see the defense being more fired up by how the offense is being led.

• Fire 1

What I saw today is more of team than I have seen this year. Tommy has to have some part of that. Taylor is hurt, and most likely much worse than we know. I also agree that we start Tommy over RKIII and keep him in the game until he shouldn't be. We need to start moving on, and it hurts me to say that. I have been one of Taylor's biggest fans since he started. I just do not want to see him or any Husker hurt, and playing with all the problems the kid has could really get him hurt.

Thanks for this. I've already moved on because Tommy is a Husker who came from Texas as a state champion to play QB for us. Texas came knocking too late and he didn't give them the time of day. They thought his 5 star RB was carrying the team, but it was really Tommy running the show as we found out his senior year when the RB was gone (another trip to state championship game). Lucky for us his dad must have really liked NU and encouraged him to take a hard look at us.

Why are NU fans having a hard time taking to him? Loyalty, I get it but it's time to get loyal to Tommy!

I'm all "N" with all three QB's. Glad to have them and hope we can have all three fully 100%. What concerns me more are these 2-3 typical turnovers and issues on special teams that are game changers. We are at the end of the season with those same issues from this year, last year, the year before, the year before that, the year prior to that year ... and I really get tired of the "we need to clean that up" jargon. Well, clean the damn thing up and lets move on (rant over).

I think these team wants TA as the QB. I'm pretty sure Enunwa told us that after the Minnesota game. When your 5th year senior CAPTAIN doesn't travel with the team even though you have injury waivers I think that says something loud and clear.

People bashing Beck need to remember TA will turn the ball over if you don't protect him with play calling choices. He's a RS Freshman, just the way it is.

I still think Kellogg is going to have to come of the bench and sling the ball around to win a game for us this year (besides the hail mary). I've been all for the rotation but it sure killed things yesterday.

I guess I'm saying that the Tmart era is pretty much done here and I'm glad we have another senior QB to take some of the pressure off the freshman future QB.

Having 2 qbs means the opposing team needs to plan for 2 different quarterbacks.

Old football adage: When you have 2 QBs, you have 0 QBs.

Tell that to Devaney: Tagge/Bronson. Tell that to Osborne: Frazier/Berringer

Berringer was a very good backup, but Frazier was clearly the #1 guy. Berringer did a great job of keeping the Huskers on track for the NC in 1994, but let's not act the offense just kept on humming after Frazier went down in '94. Go back and check some of the scores/stats of the games after Frazier went down. NU rode LP and the Blackshirts to Miami.

With Taylor having 2 broken toes (not turf toe), something with his off shoulder, hippointer, and abdominal strain, we better be all in with Tommy, cuz he's our guy from here on out. The Taylor era is over. And I know I'm gonna catch hell for this again, but i'm gonna stand by this. Tommy's presence on the field continues to inspire the whole team. There's just something there. Leadership? I dont know. But he's bringing some sort of intangible to the table that Taylor couldnt offer this season. It's not coincidental anymore that all phases seem to play with a bit more attitude and swagger with Tommy at the helm. It's a straight up pattern. We can talk about the offense's issues all we want, but let's just call it what it is. Outside of Ameer, it's our 2nd string O. And they battled and made due today in front of 110,000 opposing fans and put together the one drive when we had to.

I appreciate everything Taylor has done. I really do. And I know some will try to paint me as a sudden Taylor-hater which I'm not. But i'm just calling it as I see. He's just not the best qb on the team anymore if he's not absolutely, completely 100%. And the fact of the matter is, he's not gonna be this year. Tommy took a huge step this afternoon. A huge stride. I just dont see how the chemistry and confidence and continuity of this team can be disrupted at any point anymore. It's time to roll with it.

Yep. Not enough +1's for this one.

With Taylor having 2 broken toes (not turf toe), something with his off shoulder, hippointer, and abdominal strain, we better be all in with Tommy, cuz he's our guy from here on out. The Taylor era is over. And I know I'm gonna catch hell for this again, but i'm gonna stand by this. Tommy's presence on the field continues to inspire the whole team. There's just something there. Leadership? I dont know. But he's bringing some sort of intangible to the table that Taylor couldnt offer this season. It's not coincidental anymore that all phases seem to play with a bit more attitude and swagger with Tommy at the helm. It's a straight up pattern. We can talk about the offense's issues all we want, but let's just call it what it is. Outside of Ameer, it's our 2nd string O. And they battled and made due today in front of 110,000 opposing fans and put together the one drive when we had to.

I appreciate everything Taylor has done. I really do. And I know some will try to paint me as a sudden Taylor-hater which I'm not. But i'm just calling it as I see. He's just not the best qb on the team anymore if he's not absolutely, completely 100%. And the fact of the matter is, he's not gonna be this year. Tommy took a huge step this afternoon. A huge stride. I just dont see how the chemistry and confidence and continuity of this team can be disrupted at any point anymore. It's time to roll with it.

Excellent post. Armstrong is now 5-0 as a starter, including road wins at Purdue and Michigan. We were minus two in turnovers yesterday and neither came from the quarterback position.....which Included snaps for both Armstrong and Kellogg. Something clicked for the Blackshirts in the second quarter of the Northwestern game. Enunwa has struggled a bit lately with drops and the turnover.......Westerkamp had his muff yesterday, but it was great to see the team rally around him. Not committing turnovers helps the cause in any game, but especially on the road.

I'm ready for him to play the entire game and have been for some time now. I've never agreed with the two QB system, it takes a guy out of the game right when he's getting the right flow and just screws everything up IMO. It'll be interesting to see how he does against MSU, that's the best defense he will have faced all season. Time to tighten the laces up son.................all of Husker Nation is behind you.

Throughout Husker Nation the realization that Tommy is by far our most talented QB has been amazingly slow. If you were still in doubt, what say you now after he led he game winning 75-yard TD drive in the hostile environment of the biggest football stadium in the world??! Those of us clamoring for him to dominate snaps since the UCLA game are clearly vindicated. We weren't just a bunch of martians or disloyal rogue NU fans, but rather based the belief on his body of work in big-time Texas HS football.

Pelini finally made a correct pivotal decision and it may have saved his job. Sticking to the script of playing RKIII the entire second quarter when TA was clearly the hot hand was painful to watch, killing all our momentum and almost costing us the game. Fortunately he made the right decision in the second half and we walked away with a huge W and avoided wasting an awesome game by the Blackshirts.

I agree with the poster on the other TA thread that he's not quite right on the QB runs and it is probably a small remnant of his knee injury. The plus side of that is his best is obviously yet to come, and doing what he did today takes nerves of steel. He just oozed the "it" factor that sets the tone for the entire team. No other QB on our roster makes that pitch play for the TD, or leads that game winning drive.

Yeah, so never mind Taylor's final drive against Michigan State (2012) or against Ohio State in 2011 or Wisconsin in 2012. Those were just all flukes, right?

Tommy is going to be a good QB for us. There is no doubt about it. But he's rough around the edges still. I'd be more comfortable with a 100% Taylor than a 100% Tommy. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Tommy is the man and has been ever since he first set foot on the field. Is he an RF? Yes and we must suffer the mistakes that come with that but TM throws INT's and he fumbles at inopportune times. T_O_B

• Fire 1