Stewart Mandel: Prepare for a Blowout

Ric Flair

I have a strong feeling our D at home will fare better against the Spartans than did the Wolverine's D against the Spartans on the road. I'd say 21 points is the max the Spartans can get, but that could be enough for them to win the game. At any rate, a blowout isnt likely on either side of the ball.

Said on another thread, save for TT in 2009, our best D (2009) lost 3 games by a total of 4 points. I expect a very close game. A 4 quarter slug fest. I would feel much better with a starting OL, but a) we have played a lot of the 2 deep this year and b) we have some great experience for next year

I'm thinking this will be a low scoring slugfest that we likely lose in a close one. But if our QBs start turning the ball over, it could get ugly.

No. 14 Michigan State 34, Nebraska 7

Michigan State's conservative, ball-control offense does not lend itself to blowouts, but this is a mismatch. The Spartans' historically dominant defense (210.2 yards per game) will feast on Nebraska quarterbacks Tommy Armstrong and Ron Kellogg III, while Michigan State will run all day on the Huskers' defense. The only question is whether Mark Dantonio will allow quarterback Connor Cook to throw downfield.

http://sportsillustr...koff/?eref=sihp

He picked Michigan to beat us 33-14.

I'm thinking this will be a low scoring slugfest that we likely lose in a close one. But if our QBs start turning the ball over, it could get ugly.

No. 14 Michigan State 34, Nebraska 7

Michigan State's conservative, ball-control offense does not lend itself to blowouts, but this is a mismatch. The Spartans' historically dominant defense (210.2 yards per game) will feast on Nebraska quarterbacks Tommy Armstrong and Ron Kellogg III, while Michigan State will run all day on the Huskers' defense. The only question is whether Mark Dantonio will allow quarterback Connor Cook to throw downfield.

http://sportsillustr...koff/?eref=sihp

He picked Michigan to beat us 33-14.

There you go. Hes going off what he saw of both teams the first game of the year. Im telling you, he doesnt watch football throughout the season, just first games and then throws sh#t at the wall for predictions the rest of the season. Hes an absolute nobody when predicting games and this is way too many posts about a Stewy prediction. Ask any real college football analyst. Hell, Id trust Kim Kardashians predictions more than Stewy's, and thats all i should have to say about that.