***Official Michigan St. Game Discussion***

Kellog 1 drive 8/11 67yrds 1TD

Armstrong through 4.75qtrs 9/21 143 2TDS 1 pick

Kellogg's drive came in garbage time.

Armstrong made a bad pick early in the game and had a couple of bad turnovers. I don't think he has a ball security issue the way he carries the ball. He's improving in his reads, and made some great throws. Also made some just-off-target throws. Probably equal responsibility between him and WR on a few of those that could have gone for big gains.

Honestly with how vehemently people defend Taylor, if that were TM making those throws we'd be talking about how our bad receivers were dropping everything in sight today.

So, the offense didn't do a good job against one of the best defense's in the nation, but it's not all bad. They pulled their punches, and we saw some good things, too. It's too bad this unit isn't more healthy, but what can you do but soldier on.

I thought the offense did a great job against this "best defense in the nation."

Don't see how our receivers were the problem today. Not sure what drops today you are talking about.

A number of passes hit receivers in the hands. I wouldn't term them drops, but the long throw to Enunwa prior to the TD was one that he could've made a play on and it wasn't terrible. I think there was another throw to Enunwa as well later in the game that was even closer, that he got both his hands on that time and might've scored if he had caught it. Another throw to #41 on what I think was 3rd & 10 -- bad placement, the TE had to reach behind his body and against his momentum to make the catch, but it still hit both his hands, I think.

Don't see how our receivers were the problem today. Not sure what drops today you are talking about.

A number of passes hit receivers in the hands. I wouldn't term them drops, but the long throw to Enunwa prior to the TD was one that he could've made a play on and it wasn't terrible. I think there was another throw to Enunwa as well later in the game that was even closer, that he got both his hands on that time and might've scored if he had caught it. Another throw to #41 on what I think was 3rd & 10 -- bad placement, the TE had to reach behind his body and against his momentum to make the catch, but it still hit both his hands, I think.

There was a couple you could call catchable but nothing I'd say we really should've caught but didn't. IMO our receivers had a good game. The bulk of our offense played as well as could be expected. Our patchwork line held-up surprisingly well and AA ran his ass off. Unfortunately a trio of freshman couldn't take care of the rock.