Kill the (C)rap music before the game..

I really tried to stay away from this thread...I really did.

(Who's gonna reply, "Try Harder"?)

And I swear I'm not the OP..Who's name sounds like some rapper...Although he? seems to be borrowing my thoughts on the subject...I know he's not me because I would've mentioned something about "Rap Music" being your generation's contribution to oxymorons by now...

But it dawned on me while reading some of the responses...If the players are really really practicing to this stuff...we are definitely recruiting the wrong types of people...It seems to show up in our lack of rhythm..which might explain all the false starts by our Offensive line (prior to this season..I thought maybe we had some music majors this season which lead to a noticeable decrease)...And is NOW my scapegoat for all the fumbles against Sparty...And maybe the interception.

I can't believe the folks back home are just now listening to this archaic form of noise along with Country, last time I was back in my hometown,,,That's why I almost didn't move to Austin a couple of decades ago...(Fear of Country Muzak)...Then when I finally did move there, it was the overwhelming gay community that made me uncomfortable...Sorry...I know it's not politically correct...I have the same problem with clowns and killer bees too.

I'd like to say we need to play, and recruit smash mouth types....players that like Metal..although with the rule changes pussifying the game..maybe we need to start playing Maroon 5..

Even I have trouble still listening to the stuff that was popular back in MY day ("Scoring Explosion"), but kids like my long haired 12 year old Rocker that actually study music in schools ("In MY day" we always used to have it in schools... and now some out here in the big city are bringing it back after they found out how bad "Pop music" and/or Rap could really get.

I hope I didn't offend too many of youse kids here...Most of it was "tongue in butt cheek" ...If we were in the locker room right now, I'd be expecting some of you to snap me with your towels after this rant...If you had any rhythm

• Fire 1

So you're saying we should play music that fits the demographic of most of our fans? Alright, I can't wait to here this before the Iowa game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJpJoYYGzjM

Like knapp said, the music isn't played for the student section, it's played for the players who are warming up. The players just happen to be the same age as the students (isn't that a coincidence?!?).

Seriously, I have never, EVER heard people complain about the music before kickoff, like the athletic department should tailor the game experience specifically to you. If it bothers you sooooooooooo much, don't show up.

That's not true, I complained to you when they played Lady GaGa before one game.

I realize the sponsorship by Pepsi, I realize their target demographic. Take a moment the next game...all I can see are mostly Caucasian people. No, not being racist by any means; just making an honest observation. Most are sitting there as I do, gritting their teeth waiting for the repetitive music loops and the chanting of the ©rap music to stop. There is better music to play if you want to fire up the crowd. The only people I see reacting from the garbage ( and I DARE call it music) is the small student section. Or at least turn it down until the game announcements start... I know not everyone shares my opinion on music. It's very very annoying..

Let me help you with a word that is so commonly thrown around and misused. Racist: Noun 1. racist - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others I am saying I see a crowd with the majority being older Caucasian. Not saying they are better or worse. I'm talking about music. Sorry if you got confused. Here is some more information for you: Demographic

In focusing on the Pepsi-Cola beverage product, PepsiCo has retained a long history of concentrating on youth as its main target market – “Generation Next!” It has spent billions of dollars in trying to woo the young and nearly young, implying that Coca-Cola is for the older generation. and the website: http://www.scribd.co...6063593/PepsiCo

bfd.gif

I would like OP to share what fun music he would play before the game if he was the stadium sound operator!

He sounds like a really fun dude to be around!

I knowed that wasn;t directed at me...But Right now I'm watching some ("the 5 year engagement"?) movie with a LOT of Van Morrison songs...That would be nice for the visitors' Locker room...For OUR team..I'd probably go with something more like Slipknot..

I wish I could remember the one hit wonder by an Austin band that makes me want to dive through a cinder block wall.

Even my Son isn't quite ready for Tower of Power's "What Is Hip" yet.

The music we're talking about here is similar, if not the same, as the music the guys practice to. It's not for the people in the stands, it's for the players.

The only bad thing about that music is the awful sound system they play it from. Fix the sound system, don't worry about the music.

I have to agree...who really cares what the fans think about the music? If it is firing up the players, who might need a bit of a boost, I could care less what they play if it gets the team motivated. I'm highly opinionated on the music selection played at games, don't like a lot of it...but I can go home and listen to all of my favorites. This isn't a concert...it's a game. Let the players choose what motivates them.

If the players are really really practicing to this stuff...we are definitely recruiting the wrong types of people...It seems to show up in our lack of rhythm

Not sure if serious, but if you want to have a serious musical discussion, rap is actually one of the most rhythmically sophisticated genres of Western music...

• Fire 1