Pelini Predictions

Take this for whatever you think it's worth, but.............

This weekend I was told by a guy who has been pretty accurate in the past before things go public that the difference now is that the money is there (via boosters) to buy out Bo's contract.

If true, that provides a different dimension to the discussion.

My view is that to be 100% sure he returns, Bo needs to win out.

(also some speculation that he may not want to return)

I have heard some mixed things that resembled what your chiming.......

Honestly, if Bo goes.......fine with me. I would love to see what he can do with the team next year, but damnit, we same the same ole, same ole blowout losses, the "wtf moments" and the "are you kidding me?" type games. I want Bo to succeed.......but if he doesn't want to be here, fine with me. I would like to see NEB grab Gary Anderson from Wiscy IMO. I am cheering the team on to win out, and if the team does, I think Bo will stay or will leave on his own dime for another job, he won't be fired.

I just want the Huskers to succeed....

Take this for whatever you think it's worth, but.............

This weekend I was told by a guy who has been pretty accurate in the past before things go public that the difference now is that the money is there (via boosters) to buy out Bo's contract.

If true, that provides a different dimension to the discussion.

My view is that to be 100% sure he returns, Bo needs to win out.

(also some speculation that he may not want to return)

I have heard some mixed things that resembled what your chiming.......

Honestly, if Bo goes.......fine with me. I would love to see what he can do with the team next year, but damnit, we same the same ole, same ole blowout losses, the "wtf moments" and the "are you kidding me?" type games. I want Bo to succeed.......but if he doesn't want to be here, fine with me. I would like to see NEB grab Gary Anderson from Wiscy IMO. I am cheering the team on to win out, and if the team does, I think Bo will stay or will leave on his own dime for another job, he won't be fired.

I just want the Huskers to succeed....

Exactly. Well phrased.

i also think that the decision, regardless of what it may be, should be decided by now. we know enough already.

Just to play devil's advocate, if the university made the decision to fire Pelini, but he wins out (and in impressive fashion), I think that would cause a pretty serious uproar. I think even some people wanting Pelini gone would look at that and think it wasn't the best decision. Pelini winning out in impressive fashion doesn't seem very likely, though.

Today's communication channels make it more difficult than ever to really do anything without somebody finding out about it, especially coaching searches. Timing is somewhat crucial, though. My guess is that Eichorst would have a list of candidates he would start working on as the season ends, maybe even already does, sending out feelers and trying to find interest. Then, dependent on the end of the season and the bowl game victory, that could very well determine Pelini's job.

Doing this gives Pelini the opportunity to fight for his job while also having an option ready to go if the university does decide to fire Pelini. But, sans a complete meltdown in the next two weeks, I think Pelini is here through the bowl game.

i honestly think there is no wrong answer. i think bo could be fired and that would be justified. or bo could get one more year to demonstrate that he can put a good product on the field and that would be justified. it is an odd situation, and i think that is what makes it so challenging. but eichorst needs to realize that he will be justified either way and just go with it.

i also think that the decision, regardless of what it may be, should be decided by now. we know enough already.

edit: and in a weird way, bo may have saved his job with that loss. although, this is finally a team i would like to see in a ccg, there is still the very real possibility that we would have gotten blown out and that would have been bo's death knell.

a blow out loss in any bowl game will send him packing......

i am really torn and glad i have no part in any decision making. a big part of me wants to see bo stay. i like bo and think he can be successful here. i also think his best days are ahead of him and next year could be special. i think he is building a strong program and we are at the cusp of seeing it come to fruition.

i also get excited about the possibilities of a new coach and i can not take another season like this one or last years.

I think he stays and is on a short leash, but that assumes we go at least 1-1 against psu/iowa

that seems to be the most reasonable scenario. i would not be surprised if eichorst even tells him at the end of the season that he gets one more year to demonstrate an improved team or else it is time to move on.

I would be surprised if Pelini left on his own accord. We know he loves the players and he's still got quite a bit of support here. Obviously, coaches have left programs before despite these factors, but I don't know - I'd be very surprised.

I agree I don't get people that think BP will step down of his own accord. The only coach I can think walked away from a job for any reason than being fired, taking a different job, or retiring is Urban Meyer.

He is not just going to quit.

That's probably why they shouldn't offer Frost. He's basically the same candidate Bo Pelini was in 07

with a lot less experience...

That doesn't make any sense. They're not the same person. Bo has made mistakes, especially when picking his staff, that nobody should ever make. You don't hire your buddies or your brothers when they're not qualified. Bo also hasn't improved one iota in those six years. Stupid penalties. Turnovers. Bad game plans. Bad recruiting classes. Bad losses. Bad wins. Time to shake his hand and wish him luck at his next destination. I'll even put on my Big Red lipstick and kiss his ass out of town.

Scott may or may not be the answer. I don't know. I don't know him. I'd take him if he answers questions the way I'd want him to if I were Eichort. A young, energetic coach with new ideas may be exactly what our program needs. It may also need an older guy with a steady hand and a well known, winning background. That's why there's an interview process.

The pitchfork and torch contingent of the board continue to crack me up...

"We want Bo gone, we'll kick his out the door in our Big Red Boots, but we have no idea who to replace him with"