Pelini Predictions

I think we can win out from this point depending on the bowl opponent, but I don't think the relationship between Bo and his employers is there. It's not that he's doing an awful job, and maybe if we give him more time he'll vault into college football's elite....but given 6 years, he hasn't done it yet and I can understand wanting at this point to try another direction.

I think Bo moves on, but it'll be mutual. And it's something the fanbase should probably prepare for without freaking out either way.

I agree but for other reasons. First at this point with all the latest goings on Chancelor Pearlman and A.D. Eichorst's failure to makea public statement in support of Coach Pellini does kind of seem odd and telling at the same time.

They have to know that it can and more than likley is having an effect on Recruiting.

Second at this point seriously who in their right mind would be interested in the job if they do cut him loose?

I have yet to see a serious list of interested guys that have what this program needs most of all and thats a modern Tom Osborne.....if there is a coach out there with all qualities he has and is a proven forward thinking person with the morality of T.O. I dont have a clue where he is at do any of you ? you find him and I will jump on the bandwagon and ask for a glass of fire Coach Bo.

Third if he gets canned or leaves on his own we can kiss another 5-6 years goodbye cause the guys on the team now with the exception of a few 5th yr seniors are all his guys now and lets not forget the only head coaching exp. He had before getting the call from T.O. Is the bowl game where we beat Sparty and co.

Wow how quickly we seem to forget that. You are aware also that there are only 3 teams who can lay claim to 5 consecutive 9 win seasons today right ? and Nebraska is one of them, along with Alabama and oh hell I forget now but anyway my point is, this is not the same as hiring a head coach with a proven system and solid follow him anywhere staff this is all new to both O and D cordinators as well as the head man.

To build something special takes time and luck, well we have always had to earn everything we have gotten by hard work honesty and loyalty and I think we have bankrupt the luck bank for sure.

Does any of this ring any bells? or am I just wasting my time trying to get some to see either we stick with him now ( because we let the process go on till now ) or do we take the easy route to more problems than we have now and cut him loose

You are spot on. People also forget that an employer does not talk about their employees to the press or anyone else. Bo is an employee of the University of Nebraska. Do we expect the AD or Chancellor to comment about the job status of anyone else at the university? Of course not-that would be unethical and could be illegal.

What would it say about this program for Nebraska to once again fire a coach who is consistently winning at least 9 games a season? Who would come here? Forget the 'we've got money to throw at an experienced coach' excuse. We had that same money when they fired Solich and look where it got us.

My prediction is that Bo is going to leave of his own accord. I wouldn't blame him either. Imagine living your life under the microscope like he does. If this happens I'll be sad because I think he has a great group of kids who love football and love to play football. Bo has done some really good things for this program namely kept his players out of trouble, graduated academic all americans and has done some wonderful things in the community. Those things in the end are going to be a heck of a lot more important than winning a football game. But we'll see. I say he's probably done with Nebraska and ready to move on. If that happens-my fear is that some of our key players may look for another place to play as well. THAT is a huge danger in changes coaches. I say support our current team and our current coach. GO BIG RED!

Anybody who thinks Scott Frost should be seriously considered for the head coaching position at Nebraska if Pelini leaves at the end of the year has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Scott Frost is a few years away from a head coaching position, and even then, he's probably a mid-to-lower tier hire. You take a HUGE risk hiring Scott Frost as a head coach. A laughably huge risk.

Oh darn. You guys.........So funny it's easy to laugh at. You and your three or four wagoneers that hate SF just crack me up. 'Cause Frost is bad and Pelini rules :nanalama LOL

You don't have to love Bo or hate Frost to have trepidation about a first-year OC that is still getting his hand held by Helfrich becoming our HC. If he were to become our coach I'd certainly support the guy and hope for the best, but he wouldn't be my first choice

• Fire 1

You are incorrect about Chris Petersen. He'd come to Lincoln.

and you know this how?

By looking at various truths about the situation at the University of Nebraska and random public facts about Chris Petersen and coming to an independent, thoughtful, conclusion on the matter.

Crazy, I know.

If he wins 9 games then he will stay. I highly doubt a great coach or even a good coach will want to come to Nebraska after seeing a coach whose won 9 games get fired...

When it happened to Solich, I thought the same thing. I'm not saying I definitely support a change even if he wins 9 games. However, I think this would be viewed a little differently. Also, I think Eichorst would handle it TOTALLY different than Peddy did.

I think we can win out from this point depending on the bowl opponent, but I don't think the relationship between Bo and his employers is there. It's not that he's doing an awful job, and maybe if we give him more time he'll vault into college football's elite....but given 6 years, he hasn't done it yet and I can understand wanting at this point to try another direction.

I think Bo moves on, but it'll be mutual. And it's something the fanbase should probably prepare for without freaking out either way.

I agree but for other reasons. First at this point with all the latest goings on Chancelor Pearlman and A.D. Eichorst's failure to makea public statement in support of Coach Pellini does kind of seem odd and telling at the same time.

They have to know that it can and more than likley is having an effect on Recruiting.

Second at this point seriously who in their right mind would be interested in the job if they do cut him loose?

I have yet to see a serious list of interested guys that have what this program needs most of all and thats a modern Tom Osborne.....if there is a coach out there with all qualities he has and is a proven forward thinking person with the morality of T.O. I dont have a clue where he is at do any of you ? you find him and I will jump on the bandwagon and ask for a glass of fire Coach Bo.

Third if he gets canned or leaves on his own we can kiss another 5-6 years goodbye cause the guys on the team now with the exception of a few 5th yr seniors are all his guys now and lets not forget the only head coaching exp. He had before getting the call from T.O. Is the bowl game where we beat Sparty and co.

Wow how quickly we seem to forget that. You are aware also that there are only 3 teams who can lay claim to 5 consecutive 9 win seasons today right ? and Nebraska is one of them, along with Alabama and oh hell I forget now but anyway my point is, this is not the same as hiring a head coach with a proven system and solid follow him anywhere staff this is all new to both O and D cordinators as well as the head man.

To build something special takes time and luck, well we have always had to earn everything we have gotten by hard work honesty and loyalty and I think we have bankrupt the luck bank for sure.

Does any of this ring any bells? or am I just wasting my time trying to get some to see either we stick with him now ( because we let the process go on till now ) or do we take the easy route to more problems than we have now and cut him loose

You are spot on. People also forget that an employer does not talk about their employees to the press or anyone else. Bo is an employee of the University of Nebraska. Do we expect the AD or Chancellor to comment about the job status of anyone else at the university? Of course not-that would be unethical and could be illegal.

What would it say about this program for Nebraska to once again fire a coach who is consistently winning at least 9 games a season? Who would come here? Forget the 'we've got money to throw at an experienced coach' excuse. We had that same money when they fired Solich and look where it got us.

My prediction is that Bo is going to leave of his own accord. I wouldn't blame him either. Imagine living your life under the microscope like he does. If this happens I'll be sad because I think he has a great group of kids who love football and love to play football. Bo has done some really good things for this program namely kept his players out of trouble, graduated academic all americans and has done some wonderful things in the community. Those things in the end are going to be a heck of a lot more important than winning a football game. But we'll see. I say he's probably done with Nebraska and ready to move on. If that happens-my fear is that some of our key players may look for another place to play as well. THAT is a huge danger in changes coaches. I say support our current team and our current coach. GO BIG RED!

True he has done great things as a person and as a mentor. But what it really...REALLY comes down to is revenue generated. So our team is good and improving..but we are slowly fading into college ball obscurity instead of being an icon of what other teams used to strive for. There are many other schools now that have just as many things to offer a ball player in our region. Not sure exactly where I'm going with this......maybe I'm wrong...but there is always that silent underlying force called money.

Anybody who thinks Scott Frost should be seriously considered for the head coaching position at Nebraska if Pelini leaves at the end of the year has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Scott Frost is a few years away from a head coaching position, and even then, he's probably a mid-to-lower tier hire. You take a HUGE risk hiring Scott Frost as a head coach. A laughably huge risk.

Oh darn. You guys.........So funny it's easy to laugh at. You and your three or four wagoneers that hate SF just crack me up. 'Cause Frost is bad and Pelini rules :nanalama LOL

It has nothing to do with Pelini vs Frost. Pelini had about six years of coordinator experience before taking the Nebraska job. Frost will have a grand total of one by the end of this season.

Not worth it. Not yet, at least. Not for several years.

Here is a question that I have ref Bo and the staff.

Using the fumbles as an example, Bo said that they do not see them in practice. Could it actually be possible that the guys actually perform well in practice. They communicate, execute, make the reads, don't fumble etc, but when they get in the game they crap the bed. How do you fix things that are correct in practice? If this is true, it must be frustrating as hell to be good all week and then see these implosions on the field.

IMO, I can't see Bo saying the kids crap themselves as he doesn't appear to be "that" guy, however he has said they need to get more mentally tough, execute etc...... Playing devils advocate, what if it is more the kids than the coaches.................

I can't imagine seeing what happened with MSU happening at practice and Bo and Co saying' "yea, we got this. I know their D is solid, but we should be ok if we only TO like 10 times, this week we've turned it over way more". "I think the guys will hold onto the ball in game time. Its not how you practice, its how you play". etc..

Using the fumbles as an example, Bo said that they do not see them in practice. Could it actually be possible that the guys actually perform well in practice. They communicate, execute, make the reads, don't fumble etc, but when they get in the game they crap the bed. How do you fix things that are correct in practice? If this is true, it must be frustrating as hell to be good all week and then see these implosions on the field.

How much live full speed hitting and tackling do they do in practice. It is logical to think that they would lose more fumbles the harder they are being hit and tackled. If they aren't doing much in practice, it may be an example of why we see it in games.

How much live full speed hitting and tackling do they do in practice. It is logical to think that they would lose more fumbles the harder they are being hit and tackled. If they aren't doing much in practice, it may be an example of why we see it in games.

I agree with practice. If we do not simulate game conditions in regards to 1's vs 1's, physicality etc are the guys and staff really seeing how well they perform. Do they practice "easy" and get into games and say "oh crap, this isn't what practice feels like", hence the often shell shocked, mistake ridden play.

I remember Jason Peter saying how easy games were as practices were brawls and all out fights.