Pelini Predictions

Then forget about other job offers! Your saying he's a good guy. Fine he's a good guy but it doesn't mean he can coach. I would hope we're all good guys that in that position of power at UNL would do the same. Can he coach defense? I believe he can but has also proved that just defense doesn't win championships. What does the guy bring to the table? Good guy (course no one would know cause he freaks out during games), players with good grades staying out of trouble, defense (sometimes but doesn't help when offense puts um right back on the field), 9 wins a year? Ask the new playoff committee if they care about that. Its not the wins its the loses and they're performance on the field. What I want and would hope we all want is to be competitive in all games win or lose.

THATS the question that needs to start being asked rather than talk about winning 9 games a year. Whoop dee do.

I want to be in contention for those playoffs. More years than not. 2 losses ain't going to get you there. ESPECIALLY a 2 loss Big10 squad.

IMHO: If he gets blowout in one of the remaining 3 games - he's gone. If he looses 2 - he's gone otherwise I think he stays and chalk this season up to injuries and inexperience on D. Next year would be the do or die year - nothing less than a Conference Championship and top 10 ranking - We will have a good O - still many of our top skill players returning and our D should be much better. The D has looked much better the last 2 games - surely can't fault the MSU lose to the D

Nebraska and Bo will likely part ways after the Iowa game regardless of the outcomes of the next 2. Waning ticket demand and people trying to get out of their suite contracts have become a real problem for the program. The program lacks excitement and belief that we're moving towards something big under Bo.

...um, where have you heard that ticket demand is wavering?

Maybe nowhere, but man if you have eyes you can see it. Take a look at the upper East Stadium expansion and ask yourself why, out of nowhere, there's a visitor's section that I would have thought could have been easily filled by people on this seeeecret, miles long, waiting list.

I expect Bo to be gone regardless at the end of the season. What do you guys think our silent ginger assassin was brought in to do?

Because Osborne didn't want to be the AD anymore :dunno

Wrong. Dont you know Osborne was secretly fired so that Eichorst can be brought in as a temp for the sole purpose of firing Bo, and run off in a few years back to Wiscy when Alvarez retires?

God, you need to check your sources better, man.

I expect Bo to be gone regardless at the end of the season. What do you guys think our silent ginger assassin was brought in to do?

Wrong. Dont you know Osborne was secretly fired so that Eichorst can be brought in as a temp for the sole purpose of firing Bo, and run off in a few years back to Wiscy when Alvarez retires?

Brb, going to check with wifi on this.

• Fire 1

Brb, going to check with wifi on this.

You actually got a live chuckle from me.

I believe that BO will be back next year, with the understanding he has to do something about the coordinators. If he is stubborn and says he won't let anyone go, then he is done. As someone said earlier, just like Callahan.

He has put himself in this position and only has himself to blame. He needs to hire proven coordinators so that he can just oversee the complete operation.

Successful CEO's surround themselves with smart people, not their friends.

Here is the most important thing that matters. More boosters are in the Bo camp than the Harvey camp at the moment. There seems to be a few that wouldn't mind if Harv took out an early retirement.

I disagree. Remember a previous assistant and his supposed liaisons? There is a significant contingent of the "boosters of substance" group who wants Pelini gone.

Personally, I'm torn. If he made massive changes to the staff maybe. But I'm not so sure the discipline/focus/inconsistency issues DON'T come from Bo. I love his fire, he does run a clean program and we have achieved some level of success, albeit not the level Nebraskan's expect.

As far as to the prediction, I think the decision has been made, and he's gone. Here are the tea leaves I'm reading:

1. Jack Stark said Bo, AD and Chancellor are not on the same page.

2. AD won't make a statement supporting Bo (look at FL where the AD HAS made such a statement)

3. Mik'l Severe made a comment on BRO he was told the athletic department has reached out to 2 coaches to gauge interest.

4. Pelini made a comment in his presser today about Gregory being a problem against HIS competition (or something to that effect.

5. Sipple's article today.

6. Comments from assistants - like Beck stating something to the effect this place will eat you up.

7. Attendance at the game on Saturday wasn't great, barely 90,000. For a big game, tickets were easy and cheap to be had. I bought mine below face, around 80 minutes before kickoff.

Ultimately the decision won't be made by Pearlman or Eichorst. It will or has been made by those donors who will cut checks large enough to cover the buyout.

I believe that BO will be back next year, with the understanding he has to do something about the coordinators. If he is stubborn and says he won't let anyone go, then he is done. As someone said earlier, just like Callahan.

He has put himself in this position and only has himself to blame. He needs to hire proven coordinators so that he can just oversee the complete operation.

Successful CEO's surround themselves with smart people, not their friends.

Well, it can be both. I mean, why do all your friends have to NOT be smart people?

I think our problems are well beyond coordinators. Sure we all bitched about Beck taking the ball out of Ameer's hands so to speak in the fourth quarter, but overall the plan wasnt that bad. The turnovers are the problem, and the fact that it continues to happen is the problem. I dont see how we can just automatically say new coordinators would fix that. That's a systemic issue that to me suggests a lack of emphasis on the basics. At this point the coordinators should stay simply for the fact of continuity. Bo needs force Beck into making some system and playcalling adjustments, sure. But the real issues are much deeper than coordinators.

I think and have thought since early last year that 2013 would be Bo's last. I dont think it will be a firing but rather him leaving on his own. After all that has gone on the past two years with ugly losses, the fighting with the press, audio gate, Taylor Martinez and a complete disgrace of developing talent behind starters he's got to see this gravy train is over. A smart man would move on before it gets ugly and the process of actually getting fired.

Although leaving on your own means giving up the buyout so it is likely he will be here next year and we will agian be debating whether to Lane Kiffin him after we get embarassed on National TV by Miami.......agian.

I say its 50/50 right now whether he is here next year at this point. Another loss and we can move that to 60/40. 2 more losses and thats all she wrote.